- IT veteran with 10+ years of experience keen on learning, embracing & implementing new technologies the most efficient way
- Self - driven and highly motivated
- Relish tough & complex problem-solving scenarios & being put on challenging situations and always ready to deep-dive on any demanding front ( conceptual ideas -> analysis -> coding -> all the way to architecture & maintenance ) and willing to add value with hands-on contribution.
- Proven communication skill who can effortlessly converse to business & technical people alike.
- Well experienced in hands on, Kickstart (PXE) and Jumpstart installation of various fully and mostly POSIX compliant systems like RedHat 4, 5&6, CentOS 5 &6 and open SUSE 11 & 12.
- Experience in different versions of Openstack,VMwareand other private cloud servers.
- Experience in building and running Docker container and images.
- Experience in manipulating raw data into required formats using scripting tools like sed, awk, cut and various others.
- Hands on experience in Saltstack deployment, dashboards configurations.
- Experience working with DHCP/LDAP/NIS/NFS services.
- Support enterprise Storage Area Networks (SAN), and Tape Backup/Restore technology in a mission critical environment.
- In depth knowledge in AmazonAWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups).
- Good working knowledge Amazon AWS IAM Service: IAM Policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS Access Keys and MFA
- Experience in using various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, POP, FTP, TCP/IP, and SMTP.
- Experience in storage technologies like Net Backup, Hitachi, EMC storage, Confidential, SAN.
- Software package deployment, disaster recovery/contingency of business management.
- Expertise in implementation and designing of disaster backup and recovery plan.
- Very good understanding in the concepts and implementation of high availability, faulttolerance, fail over, replication, backup, recovery, Service Oriented Architecture( SOA) and various Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) methods.
- Uniquely skilled with the perfect blend of time-tested RDBMS expertise & latest IT disruptions viz Big Data & Cloud technologies.
Big Data: Cloudera 5.x, Apache Hadoop 2.x, Apache Spark 2.x, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Flume
Cloud: AWS, Oracle Cloud
NoSQL: HBase, DynamoDB, Apache Cassandra, InfluxDB, MongoDB
Data Flow: Apache NiFi 1.7
Oracle RDBMS: 7.x to 12c ( Development to Administration)
Data Warehouse: Oracle RDBMS & AWS RedShift, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA)
SQL on Hadoop/S3: Hive, Impala, Athena, Apache Drill
Data Integration and ETL: SQL*Loader, External Tables, Hive+HBase on HDFS, GoldenGate, AWS Change Streams
Oracle Performance Tuning: OEM, Diag+Tuning pack, Statspack etc
Oracle Administration: DB Installation, upgrades & migrations, pro-active & real-time monitoring for issues.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
AWS + Big Data Architect
- evaluation of a variety of Timeseries databases for performing time sensitive analysis for automatic performance counters captured from storage devices sitting at customers’ datacenters. ( InfluxDB, Cassandra, MemSQL )
- Was involved in reviewing and rearchitecting microservices that feed off data pipeline to avoid tight dependencies and can independently scale up/down. (Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming & Docker)
- Key contribution in designing data flows in Apache NiFi of critical workflows & scheduler jobs that were previously running as multi-step ETL workflows in Pentaho. ( Apache NiFi, Oracle (DSS) Database & JSON)
- Ongoing activities in accommodating new requirements into existing data processing pipeline. ( Toolkit: Cloudera 5.14.x, Scala 2.12, DSE stack for Solr + Cassandra, MongoDB, Kafka streaming, Flume, DataBricks’ Spark stack)
Database Cloud Architect ( AWS), Data Engineer ( Big Data Analytics)
- Played a key role in transitioning many clients' database infrastructure from on-prem to cloud (AWS RDS).
- This role typically involved getting into discussions with client to understand their infrastructure layout and application dependencies and cost footprint and then coming up with recommendations on a migration strategy to cloud.
- I was also tasked with Data Engineer role for a few specific client projects where the assignment was to do PoC on getting data offloaded from high-licensed database tier & lay it on HDFS and create equivalent workflows in Hive & MapReduce for data processing and reporting.( Apache Hadoop v1, Hive, Pig, MR & s3 & AWS Quicksight for reporting)
Performance Architect/Oracle SME
Oracle Stack: Oracle Database 11gR2, Oracle Streams, Oracle GoldenGate
- Represented & positioned as Voice of Oracle ACS ( Advanced Customer Support) at client site for 2+ years.
- Responsibilities included ensuring consistent smooth performance of databases that were serving a mission critical application with nationwide clientele and visibility.
- Scope of work included everything from analyzing requirements, discussing with Vendors on implementation, reviewing architectural changes of database ( physical and logical), replication strategies for performance reasons and for DR & from benchmarking for performance in labs to monitoring and analyzing production workloads & submitting predictive performance reports.
Sr. Oracle Consultant
Tools: Oracle Server 9.x, 10.x, 11gR2
- As an integral part of Database Development team, I was involved with many new initiatives that took place at Confidential company and supported all of them from database standpoint providing guidelines and recommendations on database activities.
- Development of PL/SQL routines, Evolving database model along with company's directions, ensuring two databases are maintained in Sync & writing custom code ( PL/SQL) to manually pull data from source and syncing up using PLSQL, whenever replication product ran into conflicts ).
Tools: Oracle Server 10gR2 (4-node RAC), Toad, OEM, Informatica
- I was involved with performing day-to-day health check of production database, writing code for data patch ( typically SQL & PLSQL) for mitigating application side issues
- Supporting ETL team (Informatica) and working closely with them to ensure all enterprise data loads are optimized to complete before 6AM & when there were issues reported to troubleshoot database side of things to make ETL jobs complete faster, Finding and tuning queries that take away resources
- Optimizing table and index structures for RAC, developing SQL & PL/SQL APIs, doing POCs to demonstrate alternative better/efficient approach to Dev teams.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
Tools: Oracle DB server 9.x, Toad
- Role included code review of RISK system code and tuning of various code base that was lagging behind while syncing up with external source ( ingestion or mapping). External source system was Sybase and data were transferred into Oracle side at the end of each day ( aftermarket hours) & multiple nested processing were handled all via PL/SQL code.