- Over 9+ years of extensive IT Experience in Business analysis, Business intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data mining, Data analysis, and Business Intelligence applications in Retail, and Healthcare industries.
- Good experience in working with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, and Tableau Reader in various. Versions of Tableau 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x
- Good SQL reporting skills with the ability to create SQL views and write SQL queries. Extensively worked with MYSQL database.
- Involved in generating proper data in excel for Tableau dashboard.
- Created customized and interactive dashboards using multiple data sources using Tableau,: Good hold over SQL databases and using SQL queries with Tableau and Alteryx.
- Gathering business requirements from various users of different departments.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using tableau server.
- Scheduled for auto refresh of dashboards on the application server.
- Designed and deployed rich graphic visualizations with drill down and dropdown menu option and parameterized using Tableau.
- Experience with Mysql on both Linux and Windows.
- Experience in development of user defined reports to provide on demand data analysis using excel and created charts and pivot tables in Excel.
- Good knowledge in rendering reports, managing subscriptions, creating reports in Tableau .
- Created Workbooks by Importing data, Defining Relationships.
- Created List, Cross Tab Reports with Quick Filters, Summarized Filters.
- Experience gathering customer requirements, writing test cases and partnering with developers to ensure full understanding of internal/external customer needs.
- Worked on various Tableau functionalities like Tableau Extracts, Parameters, Filters, Contexts, Data Source, Filters, Actions, Functions, Trends, Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, Calculations, Data Blending and Maps etc.
- Experience in Tableau Server Installation and Configuration, creating users, groups, projects, providing access levels.
- Formatted the Data by using Legends, Marks, Colors, Sizes, and Shapes.
- Provided Security while Publishing to the Tableau Server.
- Developed, Designed and supported interactive tableau dashboard reports.
- Good working experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantt charts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Expertise in web integration of Tableau Reports with HTML or Asp.Net.
- Good experience working on Star Schema dimensional modeling, which includes understanding business processes, modeling, dimensions, hierarchies and facts.
- Experience in development of user defined reports to provide on demand data analysis using excel and created charts and pivot tables in Excel.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and individually.
Languages: SQL, Python, ASP.Net, JSON, REST API.
Tools: and Skills SSIS, HTML5, CSS3, JIRA, Angular JS, Tableau (Server, Desktop, Reports), PowerBI.
Database: Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Mysql, Teradata, Oracle.
Functional: Business Intelligence, ETL, SSIS, SDLC, STLC, Data Warehousing/integrity/mining/analytics.
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Effectively interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modelers to define requirement document and design processes for various data sources and reporting needs.
- Built and published customized Interactive reports and dashboards along with data refresh by using Tableau Desktop.
- Blended data from multiple databases such as MS excel and Mysql database by assigning primary key from each database.
- Developed KPI’s and dashboards based on reports, spreadsheets, and charts.
- Created Cohort builder, Patient Viewer, Multiple myeloma dashboards for researchers, clinicians, etc.
- Created and modified some of the existing reports and dashboards
- Created Filters, Groups, Sets on Tableau Reports.
- Created, organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Doctors and Researchers.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using Tableau desktop & publish them to server.
- Involved in all phases (SDLC) of this project from planning, requirement gathering, design, develop, test and implementation.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Developed effective and interactive Dashboards using Parameters and Actions.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements.
- Created demos in Tableau Desktop and published onto Tableau Server.
- Worked on motion chart, Bubble chart, Drill down analysis using tableau desktop.
- Deployed Tableau Dashboards and worksheets in clustered environment.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.4, Tableau server, Windows XP, MSOffice (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio), Mysql.
- Collaborated with end users, project stakeholders and support partners to identify needs, goals, and business models.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality and publishing them to tableau server and tableau Online.
- Created complex formulas and calculations within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic
- Created and assisted users in Tableau dashboard development.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development and effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Created, customized & shared interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop method and accessed dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Designed and developed a business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop, allowing executive management to view past, current and forecast sales data.
- Created multiple Visualization reports/dashboards using Dual Axes charts, Histograms, Filled map, Bubble chart, Bar chart, Line chart, Tree map, Box and Whisker Plot, Stacked Bar etc.,
- Created and administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau Server.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.2, Tableau server, Alteryx, Redshift, SAP HANA, SQL Server 2012, HRIS, MS Access, Windows 2007 server, Teradata, Mysql, MS Office 2007.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing system, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Involved in full project lifecycle of SDLC and coordinated with all project teams. Interacted with Subject Matter Experts & End Users and gathered business requirements. Responsible for writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications Document (FRD).
- Ensured on - time and on-budget performance of the assigned efforts to the mutual satisfaction of the business partners/ sponsors.
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, and functional specification documents.
- Worked in coordination with Clients for feasibility study of the project in Tableau and drawing up the timelines as per project requirements.
- Extensive experience in creating dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Created advanced analytical dashboards using Lines, Bands and Trend Lines.
- Mastered in different formatting techniques, using Annotations and Mark Label.
- Developed effective and interactive Dashboards using Parameters and Actions. Setting the user permissions in Tableau Sever.
- Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Prepared proof of concept for best practices in Tableau deployment.
- Expertise in providing business solutions by analysing various trends, risks and patterns in the data using interactive reports.
- Extensive use of advanced filters, groups, actions, complex calculations in Tableau Desktop
- Created dashboards and reports for ad-Hoc Reporting.
- Played an important role in coordination with the entire team and managing the time estimates for the entire project.
- Used SQL tools like Toad and Teradata SQL Assistant to run SQL queries and validate the data in the warehouse and marts.
- Provided post implementation production support.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/ Server), Teradata, SQL developer, Mysql, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant, Toad, MS Access, Windows 2007
- Performed data visualization development using Tableau to create complex, intuitive, innovative dashboards and reports.
- Define, design, construction, integration, testing, and support of reliable and reusable software solutions, addressing business opportunities.
- Interpret written business requirement and technical specification documents.
- Create and maintain technical design documentation. Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created extract files for improving the performance. Used different mark types and mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets.
- Developed dashboards in Tableau desktop and published them on to Tableau server that allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Developed and reviewed SQL queries with use of join clauses (inner, left, right) in Tableau desktop to validate static and dynamic data for data validation.
- Performed data analysis on daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled refresh of data based on that business or system change to ensure that the published dashboards are displaying accurate and up-to-date information.
- Fine tuned analytical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills in quickly identifying root cause of business application issues.
- Participated in weekly meeting reviews and user group meetings as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
Environment: Tableau(Desktop/server), Report studio, query studio, Oracle warehouse builder 11g, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, MS Visio.
Sr. Data Visualization Developer & Data Analyst
- Created and hands on experience in Level of Detail Expressions (LOD’s) such as Customer order frequency, Cohort analysis, Daily profit KPI, Percent of total, New customer acquisition, Comparative sales analysis, Average of top deals by sales rep, Actual vs. target, Value on the last day of a period, Return purchase by cohort etc.
- Worked on embedding Tableau reports to Microsoft Power BI Launchpad and Crystal reports.
- Implemented Tableau, performed admin activities across multi-environment infrastructure.
- Interacted with SME & End Users and gathered business requirements.
- Experienced working in Agile, Rally & Scrum implemented Environment.
- Handled the tasks of building, deploying and maintaining metadata inventories and data support tools.
- Experienced working on different ticketing systems such as Agile ticketing.
- Understanding of and experience with real-time analytics, BI platforms and visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Converted Various Excel, Tableau and BO Reports to Power BI.
- Created detailed dashboards utilizing Microsoft Power BI desktop to improve analysis and decision making.
- Worked on PowerBI Desktop for Data model preparation and Visuals and real-time reports Hands on experience on Integration of Power BI dashboards with data feed integration Implemented Row Level Security in PowerBI.
- Experience in SQL Server 2016 like Model Data Refresh/Schedules/Jobs setup etc.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups.
- Expertise in Tableau Server for site creation, server setup for administration and security. Hands on experience in server patch setups, server health monitoring and setting up the backup. Prepared proof of concept for best practices in Tableau deployment.
- Setting up complete ETL Workflow in Alteryx. Enhanced existing oracle views in the ETL informatica Alteryx workflow.
- Extensively working experience in Tableau Server Configuration/DB Connection for Oracle DB.
- Generated Complex SSRS reports like reports using Cascading parameters, Snapshot reports Drill-down Reports, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports and Report Models and ad hoc reports using SSRS based on Business Requirement Document.
- Experience in working on sourcing the data from HADOOP platform using scoop.
- Experience in running queries in HIVE. Worked on different Hadoop distributions such as HDP and CDH.
- Configured AWS for Tableau and Installed Tableau Server. Played an important role in coordination with the entire team and managing the time estimates for the entire project.
- Extensively worked with Teradata utilities like BTEQ, Fast Export, Fast Load, Multi Load to export and load data to/from different source systems including flat files.
- Worked on data management using micro SAS for statistics. Used SQL tools like Toad and Teradata SQL Assistant to run SQL queries and validate the data in the warehouse and marts.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/ Server), Alteryx, Microsoft Power B.I., Teradata V2R5/R6/R12/R13, Hadoop, AWS, SQL developer, MS SQL Server & TFS, Oracle MySQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant, Toad, MS Access, Windows 2012 R2 server.
- Creation of metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Act as a Point of Contact/Administrator in Data Interoperability, Analytics and Business Intelligence and Production Support issue resolution.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Designed, developed and supported BI solutions, Involved in Debugging and monitoring, and troubleshooting issues.
- Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data. Work directly with management, vendors, and third parties to ensure that Web-site's financial transactions and database management applications operate at peak efficiency.
- Ensured projects were completed on time and within budget.
- Played key role in enhancing client's Web reporting system, reducing time of delay financial tracking analysis by 30%.
- Consolidate multiple data silos that exist on campus to one location.
- Scheduled data extracts on a daily basis.
- Sophisticated stored procedures and triggers to provide complete technical solutions.
- Worked with all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support. Participated in test planning and test script definition.
- Resolved end user reporting problems through collaboration with IT and Operations.