Excel in the world of IT by positively contributing to the organization, with the skill sets and experience I have gained.
8.2 years of professional experience and sound knowledge in Information Security field, as an Information Security Analyst.
Proficiency in Computers: Windows, Unix
SIEM TOOLS: McAfee Nitro, Qradar, DellSecureworks
Vulnerability Assessment Tools: Nexpose Rapid7, Qualys Guard, Nessus
AntiVirus: McAfee ePO, Sophos
IPS/IDS: McAfee NSM, Snort
Ticketing Tools: BMC Remedy, CCM.net, Trackit
- Create custom rules and modify existing rules, policies, alerts, etc. within the listed security applications based on stakeholder needs or situational conditions.
- Performing Level 2 triage and handling of security events (escalated from Level 1 Security Analysts or other).
- Analyzing and responding to the phishing emails reported in the Organization.
- Research, analyze and understanding the security events originating from security and networking devices such as firewalls, routers, proxy, anti - virus products, and operating systems.
- Conduct analysis, troubleshooting, and trending of incidents/events detected from SIEM, IDS/IPS, and other security applications.
- Analyzing and responding to the Phishing emails reported in the Organization.
- Analyzing fraudulent activities observed on the Digital Platform.
- Identifying the Vulnerabilities in the environment by running the penetration tests and analyzing the VA reports.
Tools: McAfee Nitro, IBM Qradar, McAfee ePO, McAfee NSM, Nexpose Rapid7, BMC Remedy.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Handling incidents generated from SIEM, IPS/IDS and other security tools and performing the root cause analysis and thereby resolving the incidents.
- Handling user access management projects
- Conducting the ongoing Threat Hunting exercises using available security applications.
- Monitoring and analyzing security events and blocking of malicious URLs/addresses in firewall.
- Develop detailed technical recommendations to solve current and for future security references.
Tools: Dell Secure Works, Snort, Sophos Antivirus, Qualys Guard, CCM.net, TrackIT.
- Responsible to perform level 1 analysis on security alerts reported and escalating to level 2 security team for further analysis.
- Responsible to execute policy runs on ESM Security Manager
- Responsible to schedule/run the Vulnerability Assessments in the environment.
- Responsible to generate the VA Reports.
- Responsible to do the Nessus Policy checks fine-tuning by filtering the False Positives.
- Analyzing, evaluating, and communicating Threat Intelligence notifications in the Organization.
Tools: SIEM TOOLS - RSA enVision
Policy Compliance - Symantec ESM Security Manager
Vulnerability Assessment Tool - Nessus
Ticketing tools: CCM.net, NewOneIT.