- Data Science, Big Data, IoT, Research and Development, Information Technology and Business Development and Optimization practitioner with over 20 years of professional experience at leading national labs, federal agencies, and global 500 companies building and leading big data practice and executing successful big data projects in science, government, enterprise, Internet, and industrial IoT.
- Expert in enterprise transformation for social innovation leveraging cloud, big data, IoT, and frontier technologies such as sensors, robotics, AI, AR / VR, Drones, Autonomous Car, Space Technologies to develop innovative solutions for Retail, CME, Healthcare, Transportation, Aviation, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Retail, Marketing, Oil and Gas, Power System, and Predictive Maintenance, etc.
- Expert in developing total integrated big data solutions for various verticals by orchestrating the platform, analytics, and domain. Expert in AI, machine learning, and deep learning
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of the data warehouse discipline, including data lakes, data mapping, data mining, data dependencies, structured and unstructured data, SQL, and ETL.
- Knowledge of emerging data and analytics technologies (Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, Azure Data Lake, etc.)
- Experience with data relationships from disparate systems, working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Strong experience/knowledge of:
- Big Data ecosystems/development - ideation, design, implementation and operational support
- Best practices and standards for big data design, implementation - to build scalable solutions
- High volume data ingestion
- Data processing tools - Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow, etc..
- Hands on experience with Major Cloud providers. Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
Lead Big Data Architect / Data Scientist
- Lead the AI on PC project for Intel. Developed devkit with code samples and tutorials.
- Developed 8 modules online course and workshop presentation.
- Conducted the workshop at leading Universities around the country.
- Led the Big Data, Data Science, connected airplane, predictive maintenance, Life of Parts, factory automation, projects at Confidential for Confidential ’s second century systems and transformation
- Led the connected car project
- Led the Enterprise Data and Analytics Fabrics (big data lake) initiative for Confidential
- Developed predictive machine learning models in Python and R for supply chain, marketing, merchandising, customer segmentation, etc.
Chief Research Architect and Data Scientist
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Developed big data analytics center of excellence for machine learning and AI with R and Python for churn analysis of Telco and Media and Entertainment, Time Series data for IoT and predictive maintenance, precision medicine and agriculture, power system, oil and gas, etc.
- Led new business development efforts by identifying and executing Big Data PoCs in ultra-low latency media cloud, connected cars, precision agriculture, personalized medicine, Industrial IoT
- Developed strategic relationships and partnerships with leading companies and organizations.
- Led collaborations to develop big data solutions across Confidential Business Units to go to market in verticals of Communication, Media, & Entertainment, Manufacturing, Aviation, Automotive, Agriculture, Finance, Healthcare, etc.
- Developed and executed Big Data Go to Market Strategy and Orchestrated the One Confidential teams to develop innovative solutions in real-time data center operational intelligence, unified compute platform, network analytics, file based production system, metadata management, content protection, transport, sensor platform etc. for leading customers
- Conducted Executive Briefings for major global customers, evangelized Confidential ’s vision, strategy, approach, and capabilities, and made connections with the customer executives to position Confidential as leader of various verticals
- Explored technologies for the collection, management, and analysis of large amounts of data, as well as applications of big data and advanced analytics related to social infrastructure issues
- Understood the possible competitive opportunities and threats arising from new technologies or new business models, characterizing their impact on the business units in Confidential Group, and proposing possible technical development actions to enhance their platform products and solutions
- Designed solutions that can address the opportunities or threats, and identified the technical issues to be resolved in creating solutions that are feasible in terms of functionality and performance
- Prototyped solutions by developing the necessary software that solves the technical issues and demonstrates the value of the solution to targeted users
- Planned, prepared and executed proof-of-concepts of the solution using the prototype and refining the solution based on external feedback. Considered, planned, negotiated, and established in time necessary partnerships with Cloud Computing service providers, leading edge innovators, subject matter experts, and/joint research with academia or research institutes
- Wrote proposals to business units to commercialize the solution, aligned with current and/or future product lines of Confidential Group companies
Executive Enterprise, Information, and Solution Architect, Sr. Director
- Performed healthcheck (AS-IS, TO-BE, Issues, Architectural Principle, Strategic Vision, and Roadmaps) for Confidential and Confidential data center consolidation and transformation project and defined requirements for server, storage, backup and recovery, network, data center facility, and tools and management
- Developed detailed, integrated, complete, and end-to-end data center transformation proposal for the client and led the execution of individual streams
- Served as the trusted advisor for global 500 companies and led transformation projects by developing AS-IS, TO-BE, and Implementable Roadmaps
- Advised the CIOs of the US Office of Personnel Management, MoneyGram International on Big Data, Enterprise Data Management and Business Intelligence
- Served as Enterprise Architect and performed IT Architecture review and recommendations for the CIO/CTO of Confidential.
- Led and orchestrated the Confidential technical and business community to align business and IT
- Served as chief architect for Confidential Canada to understand the organization’s overall business strategy and develop a comprehensive IT Strategic Plan that aligns with the business goals and objectives. Continually assessed all areas in IT to make sure the efforts and initiatives support the IT Strategic Plan, highlighted gaps, evaluated optimum solutions and identified alternatives to close gaps
- Served as the subject matter expert on all aspects of IT strategic planning
- Served as Data Architect for the Green Data Project for Confidential Corporate Data Center
- Provided architectural support for the business development efforts for the Edvance project as a joint venture with Confidential Foundation and the Confidential
- Served as the lead architect and IT program manager for the Confidential Electronics Marketing PLM project in Seoul, South Korea
- Led the cloud computing infrastructure as a service project for the Confidential
- Led the BI and data quality stream for the FastAlerts project at the Federal Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board using SAP Data Services XI 4.0 and SAP HANA
- Led the Bank of America 360 degree customer view big data project
- Served as technical advisor for security innovation network
Partner and Practice Leader
Confidential, Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Built and led Confidential ’s Big Data, Enterprise Data Management Business Intelligence Solution Practice to 500+ consultants and $300 + millions in revenue in 3 years
- Led management and technical consulting services, system integration and solution development, and big data projects for many federal and state and local agencies, healthcare, higher, and global.
Chief Technology Officer
- Responsible for the business development, technical leadership, and program management of the $2 billion, 5000+ people business unit of Lockheed Martin IT
- Served as the biometrics czar of the US anti-terrorism campaign
- Led large collaborations with over 100 subcontractors
- Responsible for writing technical proposals and white papers (RFP and RFI responses)
- Responsible for executive advisory and technical evaluations / recommendations for the CIOs and CTOs of all federal agencies
- Responsible for the vision, strategy, approach, and definition of major federal projects for all agencies