9+ years of successful experience in designing, developing and implementing data - driven solutions. Adept in leveraging a wide range of statistical and machine learning methodologies to meet business requirements and implementing solutions that drive the bottom line. Excellent ability to utilize BI and Data Visualization tools for converting big data into actionable insights. Proven ability to provide data-driven strategic recommendations to stakeholders and end users for a smarter business decision.
Data Processing, Visualization & BI Tools: ETL Procedure, Data Munging, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau-Prep, QlikView Desktop, QlikView Server, Qlik Sense, Python Data Visualization Libraries Matplotlib, Seaborn
Programming Languages: Python, Qlik Sense/QlikView Scripting Language, SQL
Python Libraries and API: Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Pyhdb, Matplotlib, SQLAlchemy, SQLite, urllib, Request-lib, BeautifulSoup Statistical Data Analysis & Machine Learning Algorithms Descriptive Statistics, Inferential Statistics, Null Hypothesis, Type I & Type II Error, Student t-test,, ANOVA, Post-hoc Analysis, Linear Regression, Ridge Regression, Lasso Regression, Logistic Regression, Classifications, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Principal Component Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Cross-validation, Recommendation system using ALS, Statistical Process Control (SPC), A/B Testing, Design-of-Experiment (DOE), Control Charts, Process Capability Analysis, Deep Learning, KNN Algorithm, Principal Component Analysis Relationship Database Management System (RDMS) SAP-HANA, IBM-DB2, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access
Other Software Applications: Power BI, Weka, Minitab, Mathcad, GCSS-Army (SAP based automated logistics ERP system), Dropbox, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel (Pivot Tables. Macros), Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, OneDrive
Risk Assessment & Process Optimization: cGMP/cGLP Guidelines, SOP Preparation, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Planning & Design, Process Control & Monitoring, Process Validation, Technical Report Writing, Troubleshooting
Logistical & Supply Chain Management: Warehouse & distribution workflow, Inventory Control, Safe Material Handling & Storage Practices, Transportation Planning & Management
Senior Analytics Consultant
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Provided analytical support to Pricing team in understanding how does markup in selling price will affect sales of Confidential products.
- Performed extract, transform, and load (ETL) to collect data from various sources, transformed and cleansed the data according to business need, and loaded it into various systems for analytical purpose.
- Applied RDBMS (SPA-HANA, IBM-DB2, MySQL) and SQL knowledge to write complex SQL queries and subqueries for extracting relevant data from multiple databases. Further performed exploratory data analysis using Python (Pandas Library) to verify if a predictive signal exists in a set of data and to perform feature selection.
- Utilized Data Manipulation and Machine learning libraries in Python (such as NumPy, Pandas, Scikit Learn etc.) to develop multiple regression and classification based statistical models for predicting the price acceptability of Confidential products in comparison to the competition for multiple sales channels at global scale. Tested predictive performance of various regression and classification models.
- Presented model findings to Pricing Analyst and Product Managers using Data Visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView and Matplotlib/Seaborn (Python Data Plotting and Visualization Libraries)
- Also, provided first line of support to product specialists, project managers and pricing analysts by developing interactive reports/dashboards (using Tableau and QlikView) for financial audits, and to find discrepancies or validation errors associated with pricing and product line information.
Freelance Data Science & Business Intelligence Consultant
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Used Python to performed exploratory data analysis and visualization to gain an overall picture of the data.
- Performed data manipulation and prepared the and testing sets for modelling.
- Created the visual summaries to understand the shape and distribution of the data.
- Explored variables and selected the best predictors by doing a feature selection.
- Built Classification prediction models and utilized the V-fold cross-validation to estimate the accuracy of a machine learning algorithm.
- Prepared technical reports and Qlik Sense/Tableau Dashboards to present the findings.
Analyst/Specialist (Logistics Operations)
Confidential, Rocky Mount, NC
- Perform root cause analysis to resolve inventory issues to support service levels to distribution centers.
- Executed SQL scripts and process data using Python and Excel to generate reports.
- Develops metrics and dashboards to track the results of implemented solutions.
- Worked with Channel Partner groups on the flow of products.
- Coordinates with key stakeholders on analyses, opportunities and project milestones.
Managerial/Professional Research Analyst
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
- Prepared quality control and process control charts to visually observe the distribution of various parameters. Imported and divided the input process control data into the and testing data sets.
- Utilized Python (Pandas, Scikit-learn library) stratified random sampling method to extract data to clearly differentiate the characteristics or patterns.
- Performed exploratory data analysis (Histograms, Normal Distribution Plots, Box Plots etc.), ANOVA and Root Cause Analyses (RCA) to identify the best predictors that clearly discriminate between low/ high-yield levels.
- Built different predictive models such as Classification, Decision Trees, and used comparative tools such as cross-tabulation matrix to select the models that performs the best and to find the accuracy rate of each model.
- Derived new variable for the transformation of change analysis to explains patterns in the observations of quality.
- Prepared technical reports and Tableau dashboards to present the outcomes of project to team members, engineers and stakeholders.
Research Engineer/Research Asst.
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
- Coordinated with cross - functional team of scientists and engineers. Trained/supervised lab members in performing mammalian cell culture, gene and protein expression analysis.
- Analyzed & validated an ultrasonic bioreactor as a platform for studying cellular response and cartilage tissue engineering, resulting in several recommendations to improve the overall effectiveness of the bioreactor. Implemented statistical techniques such as DOE, T-test, ANOVA, correlation, regression & classification to estimate the relationship among variables & to optimize the performance of Bioreactor.
- Provided recommendations for the procurement of lab supplies and instruments to the supervisor and negotiated deals with the suppliers.
- Worked closely with engineers and scientist from different background through entire project. Prepared and revised lab protocols and documentation.
- Established laboratory procedures that need to be applied for projects Supervised lab technicians and undergraduate student in executing experiments, troubleshooting complex instruments, analyzing experimental data and process monitoring.