- Led information technology initiatives with multi - million dollar budgets: ERP, E-commerce, Rights/Royalty Management, Digital Asset Management, Business Intelligence, Document Management, Customer Relationship Management, Information Security, Business Continuity Planning/DR, Inventory Management and Intellectual Property Management.
- Comprehensive experience in implementing SAAS solutions from scoping to deployment, delivering efficiencies through improved processes, access to KPIs and proactively addressing organizational change.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple high level projects with conflicting priorities and limited resources.
- Industry experience includes Entertainment: DirecTV, 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney Co, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures Entertainment; Consumer Products: Anheuser-Busch, Mattel; Retail: Guitar Center, Safeway, Wal*Mart.
- Strong external and internal client service experience leading broad and diverse portfolio of technology services and initiatives, including implementation and delivery of enterprise projects within global organizations with staffs of 80+ resources.
- Transformed IT organizations for greater alignment with the strategic vision of the business resulting in efficiencies and functional and organizational roadmaps to ensure the right people are executing the right solutions at the right time.
- Strong interpersonal skills with extensive client management experience at VP and C-Level
- Hands-on experience leading IT scoping and diligence for Carve outs and M & A.
- Achieved $3 million reduction in vendor spending in nine months at DirecTV through consolidation of outsourced data management, campaign analysis, reporting and improved organizational processes.
- Managed and supported multi-million-dollar ERP implementation with high volume transactions for TV Distribution business.
- Effectively utilized, and contributed to the design of IT shared development services, PMO and IT Governance to ensure best practices, services and products are being leveraged for improved speed to market and cost reductions.
Business Intelligence: Cognos (FM & BI), Business Objects, MicroStrategy, OBIEE (Server, Dashboard, Answers, Analytics)
CRM: ESRI, Salesforce, Siebel Analytics, Oracle CRM
Database: MS-SQL, Oracle 11g, Sybase, DB2, Teradata, Erwin, InformaticaERP: Oracle (Fusion) Cloud, Great Plains, JDE World, SAP (Sales and Distribution, Intellectual Property Manager)
Process Integration: Aris, IBM Telelogic, Proforma, Six Sigma Green Belt, XBML (Business Genetics), XML
Production Technologies: IP-based workflows, Integrated metadata solutions, Mobile/Web/VOD
Project Management: Agile, RUP, ITIL, Clarity/Niku, Rally, Jira, MS Project, Project Workbench, SDLC Methodologies
Digital Asset Management: Telescope, Zonza (Deluxe)
Specialized Data: Data Modeling/Mining SPSS, SAS, MS Access; SAP/Oracle IPM; Syndicated Data AC Nielsen, Arbitron, Claritas, IRI, MRI, Nielsen Media; Rights Mgmt Filmtrack, Jaguar, Rightsline, Royalty Zone
Results-driven, information technology leader creating enterprise value through software and technology development, delivering solutions spanning operations, business strategy, IT and process improvement.Led $10MM implementation of ERP system for Studio Facilities, with full back-end integration to SAP, providing improved visibility to utilization and profitability through systemic, and business process enhancements for Colorworks, TV Feature, Post Production and Sound Editorial Departments, resulting in reduced manual processes supporting bid, rate card, crew notifications, work orders and PO approvals, time tracking and improved visibility resulting in more cost-effective use of resources.
- Led the strategy and development of an organizational change model supporting migration of multiple legacy systems into a common platform with revenue and cost interfaces to SAP GL.
- Led vendor selection effort, including requirements-gathering and fit-gap documentation.
- Conducted current and future state visioning sessions with finance and functional business owners to identify necessary system and infrastructure enhancements, eliminate redundancies and ensure client readiness.
- Developed prioritized implementation plan in conjunction with internal infrastructure and groups in support of the systemic modifications.
- Established SLAs with subject matter experts and stakeholders, gaining consensus for go-forward operational changes.
Led engagement of $9MM legacy systems platform migration for business transformation initiative bundling key functional development enhancements, Application platform s, ICD10 readiness and Medicare regulatory compliance, ensuring management of the project activities as well as QA efforts.
- Supported the development of two client-specific UI proof of concepts for a top client.
- Led activities of five (Agile) SCRUM teams in support of application enhancements to key service areas across multiple releases.
- Provided SCRUM coaching and and associated organizational change initiative. Conducted daily Scrums, Release and Sprint Planning for simultaneous multiple releases of bundled functionality to be deployed across entire client base.
- Lead product development sessions to facilitate build out of product backlog from existing requirements RACI
- Developed mid-year 2011 and FY 2012 budgets and presented to senior management, including capacity plan and ROI analysis.
- Deployed Rally Application Lifecycle Management toolset across 70-person enterprise, including organizational readiness analysis, and end-user .
- Supported technical recruiting efforts, organizational change and overall organizational capacity planning.
Led engagement of $4MM Master Data Management Project to standardize, cleanse and consolidate customer and transactional records from multiple channels. Led requirements, technical design and development in support of Multichannel initiatives. Delivered multiple concurrent data management and E-Commerce projects with on and off-shore resources, internal infrastructure and QA teams.
- Reduced time to market for mobile platform release of Confidential.com resulting in $7MM in incremental YOY sales.
- Successfully delivered 12 high-value website initiatives driving sales to Confidential .com and Guitar Center stores.
- Manage QA Team of five as well as outsourced on and offshore development team of 35.
- Develop revised support model allowing a single FTE to assume role of three eliminated positions.
- Migrate new definitions into existing bug/enhancement repository for reporting consistency.
- Led evaluation of Oracle 11g OBIEE (OBI Server, Dashboard, Answers, and Analytics)
- Led effort to adopt to Agile/Scrum methodology, including organizational readiness, ALM tool selection, deployment of Clarity PM solution, preparation of curriculum and development of proposed multi-site user- effort.
Confidential, Burbank CA
Led Disney Enterprise Cost Center consolidation project. Developed strategies for development of media/entertainment vertical providing project oversight, strategic planning, guidance and management of client relationships. Managed internal sales cycle from proposal through execution.
- Led 40-member team on completion of Disney Enterprise Cost Center (SAP FICO) solution deliverables, mentoring three senior staff on other assignments within the practice.
- Established project scope, timelines and validated requirements and delivered key process and reporting solutions for addressing budget planning and forecasting by cost centers.
- Developed input/output analysis providing recommendations for more effective ETL.
- Managed sales cycle through development and delivery of proposals for follow-on work including process analysis, data model development and reporting tool selection (Cognos vs. Microstrategy)
- Managed content and flow of proposals for prospective media and entertainment industry clients.
Data Warehouse/Product Manager
Subject matter expert for and business owner of enterprise-wide data warehouse. Developed business requirements and led development team on key initiatives including data acquisition, reporting design, development of data architecture and functional enhancements with a high degree of process and change management.
- Led $4MM development effort of 100TB repository for clickstream, leads, advertising impressions, forecasting and performance analytics from affiliated web sites instrumental in site redesigns responsible for 40%-plus increases in unique visitors YOY.
- Developed a standardized suite of consideration & ad behavior reports leveraging Microstrategy to support a $20 Million contract with metrics that monetized the data warehouse, providing significant differentiation of site value and leading industry trends.
- Implemented solutions that improved channel segmentation/measurement, resulting in 30% traffic increase, and subsequent increases in incremental advertising revenue.
- Developed operational PMO leveraging Rally Project Management suite and Agile methodology, reducing development effort.
- Led product selection fit/gap for BI Platform, selecting and implementing Oracle 10G and Microstrategy.
- Developed/documented requirements from business units for data acquisition, reporting design (including KPI dashboard), data architecture and functional site enhancements.
- Led process and change management initiatives, liaising with data architecture team ensuring accurate and on time delivery of specified functionality, enhancements and fixes.
- Managed development projects throughout entire lifecycle, including documentation and implementation of business processes, and creation of functional design specifications.
Organizational Change Management
Developed Outlook and Collaboration Change Management Program including roadmap, curriculum, etiquette and best practices for approximately 3000 enterprise users.
- Implemented, best practices and organizational readiness plan for 3000 enterprise users.
- Established executive support call center supporting 500 users, for resolution of calendaring and DST-related issues.
- Developed on-line curriculum/materials reducing costs by 50% and increasing footprint.
- Developed communication plan and trained staff on ITSM workflow changes, leveraging ITIL best practices.
- Developed knowledge management PMO, leveraging Clarity toolset, integrating processes into line of business.
- Managed scope changes, risks, secured project governance and coordinated with internal resources to ensure project success.
Director, Strategic Planning
Campaign Management/CRM strategic consultant developing organizational and technology solutions roadmap, collaborating with IT and internal/external business partners in development of marketing campaign management solutions and infrastructure to reduce costs, increase effectiveness and ROI.
- Lead strategic initiative at DirecTV to in-source Campaign Management, through an enterprise as-is functional process review and future state visioning. Led effort to establish an internal competency center for creation, execution, and analysis of marketing campaigns resulting in streamlined processes and improved cross-department collaboration, elimination of functional outsourcing and a realization of $5MM in YOY savings.
- Developed enterprise-wide campaign management and marketing database solutions for customer acquisition, retention and up-sell programs serving over 3500 call center agents.
- Conceptualized and implemented modifications to existing Siebel installation to facilitate direct access to customer segmentation data at call centers, increasing visibility to profitable customers.
- Ensured successful implementation of marketing campaigns through content evaluations, assessing data flow and development of improved data architecture and processes.
- Increased effectiveness of campaigns leveraging subscriber data warehouse for enhanced reporting and analysis.
- Recruited and managed 35-member team responsible for planning, execution, reporting and analysis of marketing campaigns.
- Improved data management processes that facilitated real-time data views for call center agents, and increased efficiency call routing using ESRI toolset.
- Eliminated redundant data feeds to systems supporting inbound call centers and facilitation of operational/management reporting from single data source.