- Solution Architect with 15+ years of experience in designing and implementing various business solutions in Data & Analytics, Enterprise Data Warehouse, MDM, Data Management & Data Integration.
- Having expert level domain knowledge and experience in cross functional working with customers.
- Development experience in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including 10+ years of hands - on experience in implementation of data warehouses using Teradata & Oracle Exadata.
- Proven track record in driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Currently working as Solution Architect with hands-on development and implementation of corporate applications in Data & Analytics.
- Experienced in analyzing on-premise OLTP and EDW database environments such as Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server and analytic databases.
- Experienced in consulting for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Experienced in developing innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Experienced in evaluating and plan migrations from one database to another database.
- Extensive hands on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects.
- Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
- Extensive hands on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
- Excellent SQL and strong hands-on scripting using shell scripts and python.
- Good understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Good knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift.
- Experienced in provide the strategic thoughts about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Experienced in establishing operational data governance across all business systems by creating a framework and working with functional leaders to define roles and responsibilities.
- PoC experience with Hadoop/NoSQL/Columnar DB platforms, AI and Cloud enablement of Database and Analytics environments.
- Enthusiastic in cloud technologies and practices, building data applications that utilize services such as AWS EC2 and S3.
- Proven experience in recruiting, developing, managing and leading teams.
Database: Oracle Exadata, 10/11g, Sybase, MS-SQL Server 6.5/7.0/2012 , Teradata 14.0AWS Redshift, Confidential DB2
Data Mgmt Tools: Informatica 8.x/9.x/10, BODI, Confidential DataStage, Attunity, Informatica MDM, SAP MDM
BI/Reporting Tools: Tableau, QlikView, Business Objects, Cognos,OBIEE
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, S3, Redshift
Third Party/Scripting: Unix Shell Scripts, Python, Tivoli Scheduler, Control M, Erwin Data modeler, ER/Studio Data Modeler
VP - Data & Analytics
Confidential, NYC, New York
- Hands on technical lead for the analysis, development and delivery of the Inforamtica based architectures and data warehouses.
- Designing the dimensional model for the analytics requirement.
- Reviewing the ETL code and business logic from the team.
- Conducting proof of concepts for Data & Analytics solutions, presenting to business, and getting buy-in for the solution.
- Understanding data and data structure across organization.
- Created a proposal for Supplier 360, to resolve business challenges due to duplicate vendors across organization.
- Working with other groups (Wealth Management) in the organization and contributing to the Data & Analytics portfolio.
Sr. Solutions Architect
Confidential, Edison, NJ
- Proposed and directed many PoC in the initial phase of project and provided insight to the right tools and technology to the customer.
- The PoC involved identifying and providing solution for real time reporting using Attunity & Redshift on AWS platform.
- Proposed and directed PoC on Big Data data lake using Cloudera tools for a feasible solution
- Leading all the technology discussions with the client and provided the input which helped them choose the right tools.
- Managed large technology development teams working offshore for Informatica, Cognos, Redshift & Attunity.
- Directed and reviewed the logical model, physical model & semantic layer as per the requirement for CURVE. This involved enhancing GDW Supply Chain and HCCP Enterprise model.
- Lead the data modeling discussions with the shared service platform team
- Single point of contact for offshore India team for any technical issues.
- Designed the ETL layer for real-time reporting in Attunity, loading data in Redshift, and Teradata for the data warehouse.
- Resolved many complex design issues during development phase.
- Worked directly with business in communicating and negotiating the timelines for the project.
- Assignment of development tasks on day to day basis to the offshore team
- Tracking the progress and updating status to the customer on regular basis.
Sr. Managing Consultant
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Worked closely with customer during initial phase of RFP to understand the entire Data & Analytics landscape.
- Understanding the gaps and pain points in existing platform.
- Provided future state architecture.
- Setup the new team for the account, grown the team of 50 resources.
- Worked in the capacity of Delivery Project Executive, managing entire account for this initiative.
Environment: Data & Analytics, Informatica, Teradata, UNIX Shell Scripts
Sr. Technologist & Technology Manager
- Analysis, design and development of Data Integration components using Informatica and Oracle Exadata.
- Performing code review of the team
- Demand and Scope Management for various projects
- Capacity Planning
- Effort estimation for the change requests
- Working with business/BA and providing the solution from analysis to delivery.
- Working with multiple teams, coordinating with them as we source data from multiple source systems.
- Working towards Scale 2020
- Commitment to the change requests
- Providing innovative solutions to the user's requirements
- Improving user experience by adding value through more optimal and high performance solutions.
- High availability across the globe to support the Data warehouse solutions.
- Providing technical leadership to the team in all the phases of the SDLC
Environment: Data Modeling, ETL, Informatica 9, LINUX, BO, Shell Scripts, Oracle Exadata, 11g, PL/SQL
Principal Software Consultant
- Working closely with customer for the Data Integration Requirement gathering and analysis.
- Proposing the solution to the data integration requirements, working with different stakeholders to have the approval and funding in place before starting the development work.
- Define data integration model
- Provide insight to the data modelers for better understanding of the data transformation patterns.
- Working closely with SMEs at client site to understand the business logics.
- Managing onsite delivery and offshore team
- Leading a team of Informatica developers, assigning the daily task.
- Designing the data integration solution
- Developing ETL using Informatica and Oracle 10g.
- Updating client on daily status / progress
- SPOC for all the client requirements and end to end solution.
- Requirement Analysis for Confidential countries.
- New rollouts for Financial Data warehouse as per business requirement in Confidential .
- Communicating and coordinating with users across Confidential
- Providing requirement analysis and design documents to the development team.
- Providing the inputs to the development team for any new enhancement.
- Closely working with country users while conducting and supervising the UAT cycle.
- Assigning the task to the team and monitoring the progress.
- Updating the weekly status to the Management.
- Helping the development team in Oracle 10g migration.
- Making sure the quality deliveries to the client on time.
- Getting the sign-off from users for any new enhancement/development after full cycle of UAT.
- Conducting for new team members.
- Code review and Production migration supervision.
- Monitoring Daily and month end process for Confidential closing on 5th BD.
- Providing the quick solutions during any technical or functional issue.
- Working with Business team for any new Management plan for the future.
- Mentoring and grooming the new members in the team.
- Adding values to the Project by providing innovative ideas to reduce the cost and to improve the efficiency.
- Analysis, Design & Development of DW modules/projects
- Team management & Resource allocation
- Code reviews
- Quality assurance
- Onshore communication
- Working with DBA, Business analyst, and Data Modeler to provide the accurate view of the data and to propose the design
- Helping team throughout the life cycle of the project through technical leadership
- Monitoring the daily jobs
- Design and development of ETL mappings, sessions and workflows.
- Work estimation and allocation for new ETL requirements.
- Responsible for building and leading the Data warehouse team onsite, also onsite coordinator for offshore team.