- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence (Power BI desktop, Power BI desktop Pro, Power BI Service, Power BI report server), and other related IT development technologies like MS BI Stack (MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), and MS Excel PowerPivot.
- Proficiency in Data Modeling and Dimensional Analysis.
- Effective liaison between Business Analysts, Developers, Quality Assurance, Systems Support and Customers/Users with a reputation for timely resolution of issues and a drive for business results.
- Experience in communicating with stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and end - users to better understand, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements.
- Working with Query Editor to connect to different data sources and working on Data models.
- Creating new Calculated Tables, Calculated Columns and Measures.
- Experience in developing custom reports, and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad-hoc Reports, Drilldown, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart, and Sub Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Creating relationships between different tables from different data sources.
- Working with Power BI Service for creating Dashboards and sharing them to business users.
- Working with DAX formulae for creating variables like Previous Month, Previous Quarter, etc. and creating interactive visuals using geographic data.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL/TSQL.
- Creating complex Custom Views using Toad and SQL Developer to create data sets for Power BI dashboards.
- Creating powerful calculations, key metrics, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Functional Domain experience includes banking, healthcare, finance, and process manufacturing .
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in groups as well as individually with minimum supervision.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing skills and work.
- Willing to learn new technologies as and when needed.
SQL Server/DB2, TSQL, OLAP, BI Suite, Reporting and Analytics, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, MS Excel PowerPivot, Power BI desktop, Power BI desktop Pro, DAX, Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server(MOSS).
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Power BI Consultant
- Implementation and delivery of MSBI platform solutions to develop and deploy ETL, analytical, reporting, and scorecard/dashboards on SQL Server 2008 using SSAS, SSIS/DTS, SSRS.
- Migration of DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Generated ad-hoc reports, sub-reports, drill-down reports, drill-through reports and parameterized reports to provide visible data for data analysts and business using SSRS.
- Built daily, weekly, monthly graphs and charts of loan data using R and Stored Procedures.
- Involved in designing, developing and testing of the ETL strategy to populate the data from various source systems using SSIS.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) from transactional system (OLTP) to analytical system (OLAP).
- Created hierarchies and attributes as part of dimensional modeling.
- Scheduled and maintained nightly and weekly loads of data by creating and scheduling the respective jobs.
- Developed high level daily summary reports (Flash reports), and monthly business summary reports (Monthly Management Report) and setup different email subscriptions for different business units as needed.
- Provided documentation for all the reports, SSIS packages, SSAS cubes, and data models.
- Participated in the Agile methodology’s daily scrum and other sprint meetings; developed and prioritized product backlogs and the sprint burnt down charts etc. to meet the daily deliverables and timelines.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point), SQL Server 2008, PowerBI Desktop Pro, SSIS, SSAS, OLAP, OLTP, ETL
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Involved in Full Life Cycle Development (SDLC), provided value added services with development teams and clients throughout the life span of a project, strategic consulting, coding, setting project deliverables, and managing complex development schedules and tasks.
- Developed dashboards consisting of several reports, some with special features such as parameters (including cascading), drill down, and drill through, sub-reports, gauges, indicators and conditional formatting, stored procedures and MDX queries for data retrieval.
- Provided visual intelligence through deployed executive dashboards analyzing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) developed in SSRS.
- Deployed and scheduled for weekly ETL runs.
- Utilized TSQL to pull loan data from various database sources and created various reports, dashboards and scorecards to support loan business decision making.
- Managed and developed existing and new ETL processes for SQL Server reports.
- Designed SSIS packages to dynamically load data from multiple sources such as Excel and XML files and SQL Server OLTP database to SQL server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Refreshed staging tables with ETL, Scaled SSIS to make it work more reliable.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities of SQL Server 2000/2005 to meet business requirements activities including database consistency check, data backup & restore strategy, index defragmentation.
- Wrote enterprise reports and stored procedures upon requests. Designed report models to meet business requirements and allowed users to perform fast queries.
- Provided Production Support.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point), SQL Server 2000/2005, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, OLTP, ETL, PowerBI Desktop
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Participated in the identification, understanding, and documentation of business requirements, keeping in mind the need for the application based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Communicated regularly with both IT and non IT teams to ensure knowledge transfer between cross functional teams.
- Extensively involved in Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) process from source to target systems.
- Validated the data integrity of the data loads and used data modeling tools to create the reporting databases.
- Actively supported business users for change requests.
- Created and modified SQL Stored Procedures.
- Performed business analysis and wrote SQL scripts to analyze data and parse to Excel.
- Creating Excel macros and VBA code to massage data in Excel as well as link to SPs in SQL.
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database; Scheduled the tasks to do these jobs periodically and perform data transformations.
- Designed and implemented report layouts according to reporting standards of the department.
- Worked on exporting reports in multiple formats including MS Word, Excel, CSV, and PDF.
- Responsible for making the report available for scheduling and viewing on demand.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point), SQL 2005/2008, Microsoft PowerBI Desktop Pro, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, ETL
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Power BI Consultant
- Worked with project team representatives to ensure that logical and physical data models were developed in line with corporate standards and guidelines.
- Provided greater visibility into data by using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Performed extraction and migration (ETL) of data from heterogeneous data sources using SSIS.
- Extracted data from flat files and from RDBS sources like Oracle and SQL server.
- Involved in defining the source to target data mappings, business rules, and data definitions.
- Created SSIS packages using best packages from scratch to perform ETL process and load the data into destination table.
- Migrated existing self-service reports and ad-hoc reports to Power BI.
- Developed custom calculated measures using DAX in Power BI to satisfy business needs.
- Developed tabular queries for efficient analysis of report using Pivot/Un pivot in T-SQL.
- Wrote Calculated Columns, Measures, and Queries in Power BI desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Created SSIS packages to import data from Access, Excel, XML, OLE DB Source and Flat Files.
- Developed confidential proprietary analytical tools and reports with Confidential Excel, and Power Pivot and Power Point.
- Developed reports for users in different departments using web-enabled reporting by SQL server reporting services; and deployed reports, created report schedules and subscriptions.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point), Power BI desktop, SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, ETL
SQL Developer/Power BI Consultant
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development and Life Cycle (SDLC) for the application.
- Involved in defining the source to target data mappings and data definitions.
- Created Report Models for ad-hoc reporting and analysis using SSAS.
- Performed small enhancements (data cleansing/data quality) in SSIS.
- Worked with business users to gather in-depth business requirements and keep track of changes in their requirements.
- Extensively used SQL for accessing and manipulating database systems such as writing complex queries, joins, stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, and indexes using SQL and PSQL programming.
- Worked on all types of transformations that are available in Power BI query editor.
- Worked on all kind of reports such as Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily.
- Developed Excel PowerView, PowerQuery and PowerPivot dashboards for data analysis.
- Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as SQL Server, SAP BW, Oracle, SQL Azure etc.
- Created stored procedures and SQL queries to pull data into PowerPivot model.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in Power BI service.
- Analyzed test results and reported necessary corrective actions to the deployment team. Aided in regression analysis.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point), MS SQL Server 2008, TSQL, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, OLAP Systems.