- 4 plus years of experience in developing reports and dashboards by using Business Intelligence tools.
- Talented in the three main Business Intelligence technologies such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau and Power BI.
- Experience with Star schema modeling and knowledge of Snowflake dimensional modeling.
- Prevalent experience in Extract, Transfer and Load process using SQL Server Integration Services for Data migration and Data Warehousing projects along with good project management skills.
- Proficient in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for maintaining data extractions, transformations, and loading (ETL).
- Accomplished Data - Cleansing Data, validation, Harmonization on disparate data sources.
- Hands on experienced in writing complex T-SQL queries: stored procedures, user defined functions, derived tables, CTEs, views, sub queries, and multiple joins etc.
- Expert in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations such as funnel chart, bar graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, maps, bubbles, lollypop charts, donuts, etc. creating actions and other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Developed dashboards with rich Graphic visualizations, Drill Down and Drop-down menu options, parameterized using Tableau.
- Designed and built summary and detail reports with drill down and drill through features using DAX and T-SQL.
- Broad knowledge of various reporting objects such as Dimensions, Measures, Hierarchies, Filters, Actions, Calculated Fields, Sets, Groups, Bins, and Parameters etc.
- Proficient in Ralph Kimball’s data modeling (Star Schema) concepts.
- Expertise in translating business requirements into system design and implementation.
- Fast learner and active to adapt new changing technologies.
- Strong documentation skills; able to create technical process flow diagrams using MS Visio and solution maintenance documentation
Summary of Technical Skills:
- Database (SQL Server, MySQL, Access DB, Oracle)
- Reporting Tools (Tableau, SSRS, Power BI)
- ETL Tools (SSIS)
- Languages (SQL, T - SQL, Java)
- Operating Systems (MS Windows, MAC OS, Linux)
- Data Warehouse Concept (Star Schema, OLTP)
- Modeling Tool (MS-Visio)
- Desktop Software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and Multimedia software)
Confidential, Chesapeake, Virginia
Confidential is an American discount variety retail that sells items for a dollar. It is one of the 500 fortune companies in the United States which operates 14,835 stores throughout the 48 US states and Canada. We in Data Analytics team worked on various reports to meet the business requirements.
- Supported management team with reports generation and analysis using reporting and visualization tools of Tableau and Power BI
- Created and developed tableau visualizations for the Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) and trend analysis.
- Prepared test cases and tested source to target mapping using SQL queries for ensuring ETL and report accuracy.
- Inspected and Designed requirements for data migration projects between numerous source Legacy/Oracle application feeds and the new Oracle Enterprise Data warehouse
- Created joins and sub-queries for intricate queries involving multiple tables and fields.
- Established Logical and Physical database models to design source to target process
- Participated with the developers to comprehend the ERD Entity Relationship Diagram and thus create wide-ranging test plans
- Formed Logical/physical Data Model in Power designer and have worked on loading the tables in the Oracle based Data Warehouse
- Implemented forward engineering to create a Physical Data Model with DDL that suits the requirements from the Logical Data Model
- Involved in the data warehouse development team in Data Warehouse administration including advancement of software packages to proper environment, troubleshooting and technical support
- Used Power BI features to build and configure Hierarchical dimensions, Measure, Calculated Columns, KPI, Filter and Aggregations.
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports using Tableau and Power BI
- Developed and delivered dynamic reporting solutions using Power BI and Tableau dashboard.
- Used Common Table Expressions (CTE’s), Constraints, and Complex queries to fetch the data from different servers.
- Included various reporting features such as groups, sub-groups, matrix, group by sub-totals, grand-totals, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, cards, trend lines, navigation reports (Hyperlink) etc.
- Involved in creating tabular and parameterized reports.
- Closely worked with different management levels to understand business rules and analysis needs.
- Used Power BI and Tableau to build different types of reports, for instance, a report which shows Average sales per Region.
Confidential, Fairfax, Virginia
- Used several Joins and Sub-Queries to complete complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Used Power BI and Tableau to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Applied Common Table Expressions (CTE’s), Derived Tables and Complex queries to fetch the data from different servers.
- Experienced in developing T-SQL (DDL, DML) statements using dynamically generated SQL.
- Extracted and Cleansed data and manipulated datasets as needed for reporting and forecasting analysis.
- Effectively utilized Tableau features like parameters, calculated fields, and filters to provide efficient data visualization solutions to the customer.
- Developed and delivered dynamic reporting solutions using MS SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Tableau
- Used dashboard filter actions, forecasting, and table calculations to meet user requirements.
- Created new tables, views, indexes and user defined functions.
- Analyzed, Designed and documented requirements for data migration projects between numerous source and target systems.
- Created SSIS package to extract data from multiple sources and load data into the data warehouse and reporting tables.
- Shaped Logical/physical Data Model in Visio and have worked on loading the tables in the Data Warehouse
- Supported management team with reports generation and analysis using ETL tools, Excel and SQL
- Accomplished ETL repository administration including promotion of software packages to proper environment, troubleshooting and technical support
- Migrated data from different sources to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Arranged and scheduled reports using Power BI and Tableau to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports including current status.
- Wrote various SQL's Joins that ran against the SQL Server Management Studio for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI.
- Created several types reports: tabular, parameterized, drill down, drill through and sub reports using SSRS, Power BI and Tableau.
- Used SSIS to develop ETL and applied various transformations such as Derived Column, Union All, Merge Join, Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Lookup and Lookup.
- Created Ad-Hoc reports up on request using Tableau and Power BI.