- Having 8+ years’ of extensive and comprehensive IT experience in both analytical and technical capability in configuring and support Splunk Infrastructure, Splunk Administration, and Development on Enterprise level applications.
- Good experience data on - boarding in Splunk with various kind of data sources.
- Having good experience in Installation and Configuration of Splunk components (Forwarders, Indexers, and Search Head etc) in Windows, Linux and AWS AMI platforms.
- Having experience in configuring HTTP server in applications and enabling SSL Security.
- Data parsing, indexing, searching concepts Hot, Warm, Cold and Frozen bucket.
- Experience in managing Splunk configuration files through GUI and CLI.
- Managing deployment client in forwarder and update configurations in deployment server.
- Strong experience with Splunk, including system architecture, administration, indexing, searching, field extraction, apps, TAs, dashboards.
- Develop custom app configurations (deployment-apps) within SPLUNK in order to parse, index multiple types of log format across all application environments.
- Strong Splunk developer skills able to build alerts, data models, dashboards, reports, apps.
- Extensive experience in Building Splunk artifacts like Apps, Alerts, Data Models, KV Stores, Dashboards etc.,
- Deploy, configure and maintain the Splunk Universal forwarder in different platforms.
- Good experience on Upgrading and Migrating the Splunk in distributed environment.
- Troubleshoot the Splunk Indexers, Search heads, Forwarders and User related issues.
- Experience in Splunk Indexer clustering, peer nodes, and Bucket management.
- Experience with multiple data sources Syslog, XML, JSON, CSV, and ODBC.
- Extensive experience in Design, Development, Implementation & Administration of Database systems using MS SQL 2000/2005/2008 for both OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & ETL/ Data warehousing Systems (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Extensive experience in designing databases, writing functions, stored procedures & triggers using T-SQL.
Log Analytics Tool: Splunk Enterprise 5.X, 6.X, 7.0, Splunk Universal Forwarder, Splunk DB connect
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2
Languages: HTML, XML, CSS, Shell/Bash, Python
Databases: MS-SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, Oracle, MySQL.
Tools: /Utilities: Service Now, Jira, BMC Remedy, Putty, GITHUB, MOBAXTERM .
Confidential, SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
- Provide support and maintain the Splunk infrastructure with Windows and Linux environment
- Responsible for Splunk Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting and maintenance of Splunk components like (Search Head, Indexers, Heavy Forwarders and Deployment server)
- Working with data owners for on-boarding various kinds of data feeds into Splunk.
- Manage technical data governance (security, Retention Policy, Access controls and Automation)
- Performing maintenance and optimization of existing clustered Splunk instances.
- Support various internal clients like Windows, Network, IT Operations and Cyber Security
- Working closely with Cyber security team to create and install apps Isight Partners and FireEye
- Monitor the operating system metrics to ensure CPU, disk and network parameters
- Following the Splunk operational guidelines for Incident cycle and Change management process
- Handling and support the various Incidents, Tasks and Requests related to the Splunk
- Monitoring and maintaining large cluster (Indexers and Search Head) environments.
- Working with application team, networking and proxy team to trouble Splunk infrastructure.
- Involved in upgrading the Splunk version from 6.3.1 to 6.6.3.
Environment: Splunk Enterprise, Universal Splunk forwarder, Splunk Db connect, Oracle, MS SQL 2008, Regular expressions, Service Now, Windows, JIRA, UNIX, UNIX shell scripting, XML.
- Setup Splunk Forwarders for new application tiers introduced into environment and existing applications.
- Grow and improve the enterprise Splunk environment from early stages to a mature implementation
- Work closely with Application Teams to create new Splunk dashboards for Operation teams.
- Monitoring log reporting status and initiate appropriate corrective actions and developed custom parsers or connectors for log sources not natively supported by Splunk.
- Integrated Splunk with organizations ticketing system i.e., JIRA.
- Develop and deliver Splunk dashboards, analysis, reports, and alerts to support enhanced visibility into operational activities, alarms, and tickets.
- Used various techniques to optimize searches for better performance, Search time vs Index time field extraction and understanding of configuration files, precedence and working.
- Conducted and automated Splunk configuration files such as Props.conf, transforms.conf, inputs.conf, outputs.conf setting, Props file management for event breaking and time stamp matching.
- Troubleshooting and resolve the Splunk - performance, log monitoring issues; role mapping, dashboard creation etc.
Environment: Splunk Enterprise, Universal Splunk forwarder, Splunk Db connect, Oracle, MS SQL 2008, Regular expressions, Service Now, Windows, JIRA, UNIX, UNIX shell scripting, XML
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Designed and Developed Reports and Templates (Standard and Ad Hoc) using complex Filters, compound Metrics and Prompts.
- Created reports with various object prompts to generate various Ad hoc reports.
- Implemented the user defined MicroStrategy objects like custom groups and consolidations according to the requirement.
- Created several base formulas (mathematical expressions) using existing facts in MicroStrategy Desktop 7.x that can be re-used to build any number of metrics.
- Involved in Testing of reports and Migrated MicroStrategy7i projects from development to acceptance and to production.
- Created reports with various object prompts to generate
- Various Ad hoc reports.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.2.1 (Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Narrowcast Server, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager), SQL Server, Windows XP Professional 2003
- Involved in understanding the functional requirements, translation of technical documents, data dictionary mapping and data mappings.
- Designed & developed ETL procedures, Data dictionaries, data mappings involving data analysis, data validations and data migrations.
- Involved in writing heavy T-SQL stored procedures, complex joins, new SQL2008 T-SQL features like Merge, Except commands.
- Supported Batch and Online processes involving development, enhancement and support of T-SQL procedures, views, triggers and query tuning.
- Developed Complex Packages to load data into Stage, ODS and Data Ware House systems
- Developed SSIS packages using Lookup Transformations, Merge Joins, Fuzzy Look Ups, and Derived Columns with Multiple Data Flow tasks.
- Used different Control Flow Tasks and Data Flow Task for Creating SSIS Packages. Used different types of Transformations for Data Conversion, Sorting and data cleansing from different Sources into Company Formats.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, MS Excel, Windows XP, Visio, ER Studio, T-SQL, Data modeling, SSMS (SQL SERVER Management Studio), SSIS, SSRS, PL/SQL.
- Participated in requirement meetings and documented requirements and design documents
- Created and Optimized Stored procedures that are used in reports.
- Designed and developed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Created and deployed reports using SSRS
- Worked with report controls like sub reports, lists, tables etc.
- Prepared the complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS.
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Working on fixing bugs and regular maintenance tasks
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, T-SQL, MS Excel, Windows XP, Visio, ER Studio, T-SQL, Data modeling, SSMS (SQL SERVER Management Studio), MS Team Foundation Server, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), ETL, PL/SQL.