- Around 7+ years of experience in IT industry which includes extensive Functional and Technical experience in Business Intelligence (BI), Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Decision Support Systems (DSS)and OLAP, ETL tools, Product Development and Reports Generation.
- Exposure to various business sectors such as Retail, Gaming, Finance and Insurance.
- Good understanding and experience in Data Analytics and development of Reports and Dashboards in Tableau.
- Experience on developing reports on Sales, Marketing and finance Domain.
- Experience in creating Aggregates, Hierarchies, Charts, Histograms, Filters, Quick filters, Table Calculations, Trend lines and calculates measures and more.
- Experience in creating Ad - hoc dashboards using joins, merges, sets and hierarchies.
- Experience in creating calculations fields to create complex dashboards.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization etc. making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Experience in Tableau report developing, testing and publishing using Tableau Server.
- Experience in Creating Users, Groups and Projects on Tableau Server.
- Created Customized and interactive dashboards using multiple data sources.
- Experience in Tableau Server upgrade activities and good exposure on Tableau Disaster Recovery Drill Activities.
- Used BI Services to connect to Web reports from Dashboards using the QaaWS connector that enabled retrieving full report block and drilling down.
- Experience in creating Parameters to achieve desired functionality and create risk metric analysis by coordinating with user and restricting data for users with the help of User filters.
- Involved in creating various SAS Reports that includes Charts, Filters, Scorecards, Drilldown and Drill-through, Cascade, Parameterized reports that involved conditional formatting.
- Proficient in understanding business processes and Requirements.
- Having good analyzing experience with OWB ETL Maps and Process flows, SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions for the databases.
- Experience in creating Cross Map, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts, Page Trails, and Density Charts.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience in writing SQL queries, T-SQL, Functions, Views and Stored procedures.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project-oriented team player with excellent communication skills with leadership abilities to develop creative solution for challenging requirement of client.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Reporting Tools: Tableau 10.3, OBIEE 10.1.3x/11g, Business Objects 4.x, Crystal Reports, Micro Strategy, SAS
Data Warehousing ETL Tools: Business Objects Data Integrator, IBM Info sphere DataStage, Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, MS-SQL, SQL Server
Data Modeling: Star schema modeling
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, Unix shell scripting, Java, C
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Microsoft 2003/2000/ NT/98/95
- Extremely good through designing universe schema using data foundation. Adding and maintaining aliases /context/static list of values or SQL base custom list of values.
- Involved in all phases of project implementation which included planning, requirement gathering, development,, deployment, post-implementation support, and enhancements as it related to the business intelligence customer needs.
- Developing Tableau interactive dashboards to monitor KPIs related to Overages, Shortages and Damages etc.
- Created different Interactive views in workbook to visually analyze data and helped teams in identifying fraud detection by making visualizations.
- Experience in SAP BO Integration kit, Created Reports and Universe. Trained in BO best practices and testing Universe.
- Integrated Tableau Server with custom Enterprise Information Portal.
- Conducted data analytics, upgrade analysis and planning, security administration, release management, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and general systems maintenance as System Administrator.
- Created monthly and summary reports for different domains like Finance, Marketing and HR domains Server Intelligent Agent, Business Objects Enterprise, BO Performance Management, Auditor, Voyager, Live Office.
- Making changes to BO reports as per change requests from users in the existing reports.
- Involved in maintaining and updating database objects like tables, views, procedures, functions using basic SQL queries to provide definition, structure, and to maintain data efficiently.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Designed and developed interactive Tableau dashboards and reports and recommending dashboard enhancements per Tableau visualization features.
- Built and published KPI based performance manager metrics and SSL based mobile reports to satisfy executive reporting requirements.
- Created Detail Expressions (LOD's) such as Customer order frequency, Cohort analysis, Daily profit KPI, Percent of total, New customer acquisition, Comparative sales analysis, Average of top deals by sales rep, Actual vs. target, Value on the last day of a period, Return purchase by cohort etc.
- Created complex Jobs, Work Flows, Data Flows, and Scripts using various Transforms (Integrator, Quality and Platform) to successfully load data from multiple sources into a desired target and Trade Management.
- Generated context filters and data source filters while handling huge volume of data.
- Identifying Business Data and requirement and modifying it to logical data models.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- BO content migration through SDLC with high level Release Management Documentation to support dedicated change management process.
- Setup sites, projects, workbooks, views, data sources and provided input to project planning, status and review meetings.
- Assisted the Quality Assurance Lead in the execution of reports and data integrity testing.
- Provided open house Tableau and user support as part of post-production.
Environment: Tableau 10.3, Dashboards, Crystal Reports, Business Objectives 4.1, Oracle 10g, SQL, MS-SQL.
- Directly interacting with clients to elicit the requirements and translate them into terms that development team can comprehend.
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables, slides and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
- Created queries to extract data from database for multi-dimensional analysis using Slice & Dice and Drill up/down functionality.
- Analyzed the database tables and created database views based on the columns needed.
- Created dashboards displaying sales, variance of sales between planned and actual values.
- Extensive experience in creating dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Created advanced analytical dashboards using Lines, Bands and Trend Lines.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and associative arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Used table variables and Common Table Expressions (CTEs). Designed and developed report with running value, interactive sorting as well as conditional formatting.
- Created sub-reports to present more detailed information about the summary.
- Developing stored procedures, triggers, views, and adding/changing tables for data load and transformation, and data extraction.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
- Involved in writing queries for Stored procedures, clustered and non-clustered indexes
- Involved in optimizing code and improving efficiency in databases including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop & publish them to server.
- Interaction and coordination with end users and management to identify Business system needs evaluated solutions for business problems bottlenecks and evaluated alternate methods to increase efficiency and improve control.
Environment: Tableau 9.0.1, SQL, Agile-Scrum, TOAD, UNIX, MS VISIO, Microsoft Office Suite.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Designed dashboard templates as per the requirement and dashboard content which includes complex tabular reports.
- Utilized capabilities of Tableau such as Data extracts, Data blending, Forecasting, Dashboard actions and Table calculations.
- Involved in creating a dual-axis bar charts with multiple measures, box plots, heat maps and background maps and trend lines statistics.
- Worked with the advanced Tableau features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, joins and dashboard actions.
- Worked on creating various dashboards in Tableau Desktop by querying various ODBC connections such as Teradata, Oracle SQL Developer, and SQL Server.
- Created SQL scripts for testing and validating data on various reports and dashboards and handled performance issues effectively in Tableau
- Restricted data for users using Row Level Security and user Filters.
- Involved in creating data blending in case of merging different data sources.
- Was a SME for designing graphs and tables to make them visually exciting, and aesthetically pleasing, while at the same time maintaining the accuracy of the core information content that is being communicated.
- Extensively Involved in Optimizing DB2 and Oracle SQL Views for the Data load and Dimensions Build.
- Created Custom complex SQL Queries to generate the data from data base and use it for making Innovate Dashboards for easy Data Visualization and Forecasting in Tableau.
- Performed extensive GAP analysis in the project as there were numerous 'As-Is' and 'To-Be' conditions
- Involved in installation and maintenance of Tableau Server and administering users, user groups, projects and scheduling instances for dashboards in Tableau.
- Involved in creation of workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security check.
- Designed and developed various applications artifacts including dimensions, data forms, business rules, reports, books, workflow, security etc.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Developed proof of concept for best practices in Tableau development & deployment, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Used relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Interacted professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and LOB.
- Executed PL/SQL blocks using cursors, REF cursors, exception handling, Collections -Nested tables and Index of Table and Dynamic SQL.
- Wrote PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages
- Involved in some DBA Activities like creating Tables and Indexes to Improve the Retrieval Performance of the Data views in DB2 and Oracle databases
- Responsible for migrating the web catalog and RPD from DEV, UAT and Production environments.
Environment: Tableau 7.0.10, Tableau server, Oracle SQL developer, SQL Server, PL/SQL, MS Access, Windows server, Teradata, MS Office.
- Worked on gathering data requirements from different sources and data cleansing.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scatter plots, geographical maps, heat maps, bullet charts, Gantt charts demonstrating key information for decision making.
- Worked extensively with Advance Analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary reports and dashboards using KPI's.
- Worked on creating Pivots, sets, groups, and parameters.
- Created demos in Tableau Desktop and published onto Tableau Server.
- Created, organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives.
- Worked on Creating various plots and drill down analysis using tableau desktop.
- Worked on scheduling reports, managing data sources and refresh extracts.
- Worked on optimizing workbook performance using efficient joins and blends.
- Provided support for Tableau for various end users.
- Interacted on a day to day basis with several different groups to achieve a common deliverable.
- Involved in resolving reporting issues and design issues throughout the reporting life cycle.
- Managed a development team responsible for product delivery, support, development and maintenance.
Environment : Tableau 5.0.4, Oracle, SQL