- Around 8 years of experience in designing, development, implementation and support of OBIEE 11g/10g.
- Expertise in full life cycle Business Intelligence implementations and have an understanding of all aspects of an implementation project using OBIEE 188.8.131.52, OBIEE 10.1.1.3.
- Experienced in gathering reporting and analysis requirements, documenting the report specifications, implementing the meta - data layers including Physical, Business Model and Mapping and Presentation layer.
- Proficient in defining Key Performance Metrics (KPIs), facts, dimensions, hierarchies and developing Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- Experienced in working with Variable Manager to define session and repository variables and initialization blocks to streamline administrative tasks and modify meta-data content dynamically.
- Proficient in Installation, Configuration and Administration of the OBIEE platform.
- Experienced in developing Dimensional Hierarchies, Level Based Measures, and adding multiple sources to business model objects.
- Skilled at creating and scheduling Agents in Oracle BI Delivers to provide real-time, personalized and actionable intelligence data to subscribers.
- Experienced in configuring and setup of OBIEE Security using LDAP, Web-logic and External Database Tables and configuring object level and database level security.
- Experienced in configuring Usage Tracking to improve the performance of overall OBIEE Platform.
- Extensively worked with DBAs and BA's towards performance tuning in OBIEE and Data Warehouse environment using cache management, aggregate tables, and indexes.
- Extensive experience in creating executive reports with BI Publisher integrated with OBIEE.
- Highly skilled in Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Dimensional Modeling using Erwin tool.
- Well versed in working with ETL Tools such as Informatica Power Center in creating Source/Target definitions, building Mappings/Mapplets and creating and monitoring Sessions/Workflows.
- Experienced in creating Sessions, Workflows, Mappings, Mapplets using various available transformations in Informatica, including Router, Aggregator, and Lookup.
- Functional knowledge of Oracle EBS 11i- R12 in Finance (AR, AP, GL, FA) and HRMS modules.
- Competencies include Business Analysis, writing functional and technical specifications, business requirements and system requirements documentation, Issue Resolution, and Defect Management.
OBIEE: OBIA Oracle Applications R12
Informatica XML Publisher: BI Publisher Oracle Reports Oracle 10g/11g SQL Developer SQL/PLSQL SQL*Loader UNIX Oracle FNDLOAD
LINUX TOAD: Win7, Win Server, Win XP WinSCP
- Worked during the whole life cycle of the project from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Acted as a liaison between business users and BI team to facilitate understanding of business requirements.
- Conducted Functional Requirements review and walk through with BI Architect, Designers, and Stakeholders.
- Analyzed the data and developed Logical Star Schema model with consultation from Data Modelers and Business Analysts.
- Developed meta-data repository using OBIEE Administration tool in Physical, Business Model and Mapping, and Presentation Layer.
- Created new logical columns, dimensional hierarchy, calculated measures, and aggregate mappings in the BMM layer as per the business requirements.
- Developed Time Series Objects using Ago and To Date functions for time series comparisons.
- Designed and developed various Interactive Dashboards and reports with drill-downs, guided navigation, filters, and prompts.
- Created various session and repository variables and initialized them in the Initialization Blocks to change meta-data dynamically as the environment changes.
- Configured BI Scheduler and Oracle BI Delivers- Agents to deliver alerts and publish updated content to subscribed users as per the schedules and requirements.
- Worked towards the Performance Tuning of Dashboards and Reports with Business Analysts and DBAs.
- Implemented security based on LDAP Authentication.
- Used various cache management techniques for performance tuning including configuring, defining cache parameters, cache persistence time, cache seeding and purging, and event polling.
- Created security settings in OBIEE Administration Tool and set up groups, access privileges and query privileges and also managed security for groups in Answers.
- Integrated BI Publisher with OBIEE to build reports in word, excel and doc format. Created various templates, reports, and prompts in BI Publisher.
- Developed test cases and performed Unit Testing and Integration Testing of the Repository and Web Catalogs.
- Provided guidance and support to end users during the implementation and in production.
Oracle Data Migration Consultant
- Developing routines to migrate various data extracts across various organizations in the SAC group into one R12 system.
- Part of Enterprise wide Data Migration activities including HR, Payroll - Oracle R12 (12.1.3).
- Worked on designing and coding the reconciliation procedures & scripts for reconciliation of data both on R12 (load) and legacy (extract) sides.
- Data Migration remediation - identification of corrupt source data and timely remediation of transformational and load errors to ensure project milestones completed on time.
Oracle Business Intelligence Consultant
Environment: OBIEE 184.108.40.206, BI Publisher, Oracle 10g, EBS (Financial, Manufacturing, Projects, Supply Chain) SQL, Toad 9.6, Linux, Windows XP, XML.
- Developed Reports and Dashboards with different Analytics Views including Pivot Table, Chart, Gauges, Column Selector and View Selector with Global and Local Filters using Oracle BI Presentation Services.
- Used OBIEE Web Catalog to set up groups, access privileges and query privileges.
- Created schedules to seed and purge cache for cache management.
- Implemented security by creating roles and web groups, and defined Object Level and Data Level Security.
- Created Wire-frames and Web-Mock-ups to give look and feel of UI to end users. Participated in designing, coordination and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with QA, BA and selected business users.
Oracle BI Developer
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3, Informatica 8.6.1, DAC, Oracle10g, SQL Developer, Windows XP.
- Developed and customized the coding of Informatica Mapping for the different stages of ETL (SDE/SIL/PLP).
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
- Extensively used Transformations like Source Qualifier, Lookup, Expression, Router, Aggregator, Joiner and Sequence generator.
- Used Informatica Workflow manger to create Sessions, Workflows and worklets to run the mappings.
- Analyzed and validated the business model in OBIEE Administration Tool by performing consistency check, validating logical source tables, logical columns, and also validating repository level calculations done in the business model layer.
- Customized OBIEE Repository as per user requirements and available information in Date Warehouse.
Oracle Business Intelligence Developer
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1 , Informatica 8.6.1, DAC, Oracle BI Applications 7.9.6, Oracle10g, SQL Developer, Windows XP.
- Created Hierarchies, Levels, and implemented Business Logic by creating level based measures in OBIEE business model & mapping layer.
- Incorporated all the customization's in RPD from all the customization's done in Informatica.
- Customized/Created presentation layer catalog folders, to show different views of the business model to different users and assigned group permissions to the catalog folders.
- Performed the Performance Tuning of Dashboards and Reports and made required changes to repository and database in consultation with DBA.
- Configured Measures in the Business Model Layer and mapped to multiple logical table sources.
- Performed unit and integration testing of reports and dashboards.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3, Informatica 8.1, DAC 7.9.4, Oracle 10g.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst in understanding the BI and reporting requirements and created the business model for generating reports as per the user requirements.
- Worked closely with the data modeler in designing the logical data model in star schema in BMM Layer.
- Created and administered the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer in Repository using Administration Tool.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to the requirements.
- Developed various kinds of request queries using BI Answers and assigned them to specific Dashboards.
- Created Security settings in OBIEE Administration Tool to set up groups, access privileges and query privileges and also managed security for groups in Answers.
- Developed intuitive and user friendly Dashboards by appropriately including guided navigational links, prompts, and drill-downs.
- Involved in unit testing, integration testing of the reports generated by OBIEE.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.x, Informatica 8.1, DAC, Oracle BI Applications 7.9.3, Oracle10g, Putty, Sql Developer, Windows XP.
- Interacted with BA, Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, and DBA to gather Analytics Reports/Dashboards requirements and to define business and functional specifications.
- Customized and developed RPD (Physical, BMM and Presentation Layer).
- Developed many Reports/Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, and Tabular with global and local Filters) using OBIEE.
- Used various Time series functions to create trending reports of sales.
- Worked with DBA and SME towards performance tuning.
- Performed unit and integration testing of reports and dashboards.