- Analytical, motivated, highly adaptable professional with4+ years of extensive experience in providing Business Intelligence Solutions and Data Analysis.
- Experience in working with large data sets viz. ETL Operations, Data Modeling, Data Integration, Data Warehouse Solutions, Client Relations Management and Project Management.
- Skilled troubleshooter continually focused on identifying, isolating and resolving technical issues, while presenting concise and actionable recommendations for strategy improvements.
- Team player balancing technical ability with management skills to create cohesive workgroup.
- Business Intelligence
- Data Analysis
- Data Integration
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Client Relationship Management
- Performance Improvement
- Cross Team Collaboration
Database: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, R, Python, C#, PHP, Java, HTML, CSS, MS Excel Macros
Tools: and Frameworks:: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), GitHub, SPSS, MS Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, R Studio, Spyder, PyCharm, Linux OS
Office Business Applications: MS Project, JIRA, TFS, Tableau, Gephi, Advanced MS Excel, MS Word
Confidential, New York
Senior Research Analyst
- Conducted data analysis to answer key questions about people and their digital behavior by leveraging passive and survey data, coupling it with external data sources to derive meaningful insights like online journeys, search analysis, individual path to purchase, etc.
- Adopted visualization techniques like color therapy andword clouds to turn data analysis result set into visually appealing pivots, charts and graphs using Tableau, Gephi and advanced MS Excel.
- Automatedprocesses like bulk loading of clickstream data, fetching and applying taxonomy for multi variate data via external API calls using SSIS and Python, reducing overall processing time by 38%
- Owned the data lifecycle process from design to implementation, including writing complex SQL queries to optimize current architecture and execution time for legacy processes
- Developed business relationships with cross - functional teams and contributed to the ideation, sourcing, developmentand refinement of new research capabilities, providing a great platform for knowledge sharing internally and externally
- Designed, compiled and communicated high level reports to manage data vendor relationships, while providing early diagnostic reports enabling data-driven decision making for business stake holders in an agile manner, leading to more transparent and trustworthy client relationships
Confidential, New York
Business Intelligence Developer
- Designed and implemented ETL processes to support and extend the University’s data warehouse, optimizing the existing tasks and queries, accelerating the overall processexecution time by 60%
- Developed an application to automate signup for University events, facilitating quantitative and qualitative analysis of student participation, reducing the overall application process time compared to legacy paper signup by 66%
- Automated backup and restoration over multiple servers, streamlined data handling and optimized database performance of University data warehouse leading to process improvement
Lead Database Administrator
- Lead a team of 3 and contributed to Revenue Authority's 15% revenue growth in 2013-14 by automating the tax filing system, aiding the citizens to file their taxes online instead of cumbersome paper filing
- Reduced system downtime by 64% and recurring expense of additional server maintenance requests near to zero by establishing tape-drive backup and maintenance
- Created a user-friendly payroll web application using C#.NET, migrating it from the legacy mainframe (AS400) application
- Developed over 35 payroll reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), enabling strategic planning and thorough analysis of the firm’s finances thus aiding capital management
- Partnered with internal and external customers to successfully manage the project’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)