12+ years of progressive IT professional experience implementing Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing solutions in multiple confidential 500 companies.
Business Intelligence (BI): Oracle (OBIEE), Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Microstrategy, IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects
ETL Tools: MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, Alteryx
Big Data & Cloud Tools: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure (Basic knowledge), Cloudera
OLAP Tools: Oracle Essbase, SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS), Dodeca
Reporting Tools: MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Oracle Interactive Reporting, Oracle BI Publisher, Microsoft SharePoint
Relational Databases: Oracle, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, Teradata, Google Big Query
Operating systems: Windows, Linux and AIX
Other Tools (CRM / ERP): IBM SPSS & Minitab (both Statistical tools), Salesforce (CRM), Workday (HRM), SAP & Oracle JD Edwards (both ERP)
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
BI & Data Analytics Product Manager (Lead BI Specialist)
- Leading the Business Intelligence team to deliver data solutions that drives business value by designing and defining metrics & providing insights on business operations using Tableau and SSRS.
- Developed the Objectives and Key Responsibilities (OKR) dashboards using Tableau, which provides visibility on the performance of each business unit using the KPIs and trendline metrics defined by the senior executives in the organization.
- Created Loan Origination & Loan Performance dashboards, which provided visibility to reduce delinquency of payments by 25% and improve loan cure rate by 10%.
- Create data models using Google Big Query tool for each business function and subject areas. These data models are serving as a single source of truth for data across multiple business units in the organization.
- Create ETL packages to replicate the business application data from Salesforce, NLS, SendGrid, Twilio and several other third-party systems into Google Big Query.
- Prioritize and lead BI Engineering & Analyst teams through daily & weekly check-ins to provide dashboards, self-service modules, alerting and real-time monitoring tools.
- Work closely with business executives and product teams to identify the opportunities, where we can provide insights with data to improve profit margins for our business units and reduce operational costs and redundancy.
- Owning decisions on the BI and Analytics product area to setup goals, strategies and road-map for the BI analysts and Data Engineering teams.
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
Lead Analyst (BI, ETL & OLAP)Responsibilities:
- Led the architecture, design, development and maintenance of Dashboards, Reports and Journal entries for various teams within the Confidential Finance Division using Tableau and Microsoft BI & ETL technology stack of products including SharePoint, SSIS and SSRS tools.
- Closely worked with Microsoft and Tableau company’s marketing and product teams to perform proof of concept to recreate our existing SAP Business Objects reports using Tableau and Microsoft Power BI tools.
- Built numerous Dashboards, scorecards and Reports used by Company Executives, Directors and Managers, which helped them visualize the KPI trends and analyze the company's Investments, Sales, Marketing and HR information.
- Supervised the projects & tasks of the on-site & offshore contractors during the design and development of the Oracle Hyperion BI and OLAP applications using Oracle Essbase & Oracle Interactive reporting.
- Created SSIS ETL Packages to extract the Asset management details and data from various third-party applications and performed transformations before loading them into SQL Server and Oracle relational databases for BI reporting purposes.
- Responsible for exploring opportunities for Performance improvement and automation in the Financial Reporting practices across the organization, performing in-depth analysis and providing appropriate BI & ETL solutions using SSRS, SSIS and Oracle BI suite of products.
- Led the implementations of company-wide BI reporting solutions to provide visibility on Employee Headcount and Payroll details for the executives in the HR department.
- Performed optimization on the existing reports and cubes which helped to decrease the application data load times and calculation times by 75%.
- Developed complex data models using Oracle, IBM DB2 and MS SQL Server to integrate and consolidate data that comes from multiple data sources for BI and business teams’ data analysis purposes.
Senior Programmer Analyst (BI)Responsibilities:
- Designed and developed Business Intelligence & OLAP applications for business units using Microsoft and Oracle BI suite of products to help Finance teams perform Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting on the Insurance and Investments data.
- Performed data analysis to help our company’s marketing division improve their product placement strategies, which helped company increase its Sales on Life Insurance policies by 15% in South and North-east US markets.
- Led the project implementation to feed company’s US and Canadian employee data into company’s Learn Management System (LMS) to enhance sales roster reporting.
- Developed the Corporate Expenses application for company’s Netherlands business units using Oracle Essbase and Informatica.
- Involved in upgrading and migrating the existing dashboards, reports and cubes from lower to higher versions.
Confidential, Palatine, IL
Business Intelligence Consultant
- Implemented software projects in multiple Fortune-500 client locations to provide appropriate Business Intelligence solutions using various BI and ETL products.
- Led numerous BI and Online Analytical processing (OLAP) projects in the client locations using Oracle Essbase and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Strengthened the company’s Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) implementation practice by utilizing the subject matter expertise on BI and ETL tools.
- Responsible for providing insights on new and emerging trends (software/technology) in BI, OLAP and ETL world and documented the best practices.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Designed and developed 100+ Management, Trending, Statutory dashboards and reports and numerous cubes based on Client’s reporting needs using Oracle Interactive Reporting Studio, OBIEE, SSRS, SSAS, Essbase and IBM Cognos tools.
- Managed / led the project to migrate the legacy Business Objects reports into Hyperion. Also upgraded applications, reports and dashboards from lower version to higher version of Oracle Hyperion.
- Created SSIS ETL packages to extract the Consumer Payments and Consumer Complaints data from company’s internal applications and loaded into relational databases for reporting purposes.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Responsible for setting up the reporting infrastructure and developed various types of reports (Pivot, Tabular and Chart and OLAP Query reports) to be used by the accounting analysts in the bank.
- Created an automated and repeatable ETL process to load the Employee Timesheet data from the flat files for reporting purposes.
- Responsible for creating data models which helped us to develop numerous reports.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Created multiple dashboards and reports, which provided visibility on the Customer Payments data. Also responsible for scheduling and monitoring of the ETL jobs.
- Performed analysis to track the delinquency rates of the customers, which helped the client improve the on-time customer pay rate by 10%.
- Maintained Master Data Management applications, which consolidated the client’s data that is entered into the system from company’s various external applications.
- Automated the application data load process, which reduced the human manual intervention by 85%.
- Handled performance tuning, weekly back-ups and monthly consolidations of data and automated monthly/quarterly/annual report generation.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Created the OLAP cubes using Essbase to provide visibility on the company’s Business Processing & Technical processing and General Administration practices.
- Prepared an Essbase architecture level design for the business units to help them in understanding the whole Essbase data load process.
- Developed Calc Scripts, Load Rules and Report scripts to automate the data load process. Also performed User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Developed MaxL Scripts, Multi-dimensional extension (MDX) queries and Batch scripts and applied various Filters for efficient and accurate retrieval of required data.
- Upgraded and migrated all the applications and databases from older version v7.1.2/v8.3, Hyperion 9.3.1.