Finance professional with a track record of implementing transformational change solutions saving millions in operational costs through the implementation of best practices
- Strong analytical skills
- Ops Efficiency & Effectiveness
- Organization Performance Improvement
- Cost Control & Reduction
- Process Improvement
- Key performance indicators
- Program/Project Leader
- Shared Service Centers - Design, Build, Implement
- Systems Improvements and implementations
- Business Cases
- Big 4 Consultant
- Large Scale Change
- Bilingual Spanish
- Heavy International Experience
- PMP Credential
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Strategic adviser and work stream lead Confidential initiative at Highmark Insurance
- Chart of accounts redesign with 80% reduction in accounts
- Common data model across 2 legacy ERPs
- First ever data governance model framework and implementation
- Financial close process and technology redesign from 11 to 3 days
- Led all project management activities for a $30M, 140 person international project team for the global implementation of an SAP budgeting and forecasting tool.
- Led client and external consulting teams to deliverables, weekly, monthly status reporting
- Software Development Lifecycle compliance management
- Compliance with GxP quality standards
- Managed project funding requests, monthly accounting, resource requests, etc.
Principal/ Confidential Leader
- Turn-around project manager to drive country shared services migrations to Confidential, provide structure and develop accountability to implement enabling technology projects and improve the operating performance of the shared service center.
- Shared service center currently operating with 280 FTEs and 9 ERPs serving 6 countries
- Management consulting Senior Manager focused on chemical industry clients. Assigned as Global Business Services Lead to perform a diagnostic assessment to identify potential material cost reductions in G&A. Identified $53M in saving opportunities by Identifying functions within client's global organization that could be centralized (“non-core Functions”) or outsourced
- Developed Business Process Outsourcing business case
- Defined roadmap to centralize non-core Function processes (Finance, HR, IT, Procurement) into a Global Business Services organization
- Significant C-level interaction
- Project manager assignment for the design and build, and migration phases of a shared service center for 8 Latin America countries of a $10B multinational manufacturing and services company ( Confidential International). Consolidation of the finance and accounting processes and 9 ERPs for 6 Latin America countries.
- Successfully transitioned 2 large countries into the center.
- Developed and implemented the legal structure of the center including funding. Implemented the governance model including the development of formal service level agreements/contracts between the center and 4 business units in 9 countries. Service level agreements focused on developing KPIs to track cost, productivity, and cycle time. Implemented measuring and monitoring and reporting systems to track center performance.
Independent Management Consultant
- Assignment as Global Confidential lead for largest US manufacturer of bath and kitchen fixtures.
- Implemented more than $20M in operational improvements.
- Enhanced shared services concept, implemented improved reporting and controls, implemented Finance best practices
- M&A Due diligence leader for $900M sell-side transaction for large consumer products company
- Developed global service delivery model (finance) analysis for a $2B specialty chemical manufacturer
- Provided business case for the implementation of global Confidential project for a $15B
- Analyzed and recommended systems as well as process improvements (finance) for an oil spill recovery company (NRC)
- Largest financial services company focused on education:
- Responsible for small team of 3 employees to develop tactical initiatives to reduce $35M in finance cost
- Identified and obtained internal funding for over $20M of self-funding finance function process improvements
- State of Florida Circuit Civil Court System -Court Appointed Receiver
- Court appointed Receiver of large Florida based staffing agency
- Responsible for all company operations, strategy, and dispute resolution
- Heavy focus on improving cash flow management (15-day improvement), owner negotiations
- Implemented accounting, purchasing, and customer scheduling system in 5 months
- Implemented marketing strategy that doubled customer base and revenue in less than 12 months
- Grew European consulting practice from $4 million to $22 million in less than 3 years by delivering Finance Function best practice analysis and project implementations.
- Benchmarked more than 50 multinational Finance organizations to identify and implement process, organization and technology improvement strategies
- Implemented improvement recommendations in 80% of these companies
- Shared Service Center optimization
- Fast close
- Receivables management improvements (DSO reductions)
- Management reporting improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) using benchmarks
- Organizational strategy and redesign: shared services business cases
Managing Director/Partner Consumer
- Various Finance function process improvement and benchmarking engagements identifying and implementing Finance efficiency and effectiveness improvement opportunities
- Process improvement consulting for Finance function at some of Latin Americas’ largest companies
- Finance Shared Service Center implementation at $4B industrial manufacturer
- Managed 2-year SAP implementation at Confidential ’s largest private pharmaceutical company
- Failing ERP project turn-around, Project team of 80 headcount, Full product suite implementation
- 4 straight years of $10-$18M revenue contribution to my employer