Information Technology professional with over twenty years hands - on experience in Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Warehouse & ETL Design and Development, Performance Tuning, Systems Architecture and Application Development in client/server and multi-tier environments, and over four years hands-on experience in Machine Learning and Predictive Modeling. Has worked extensively on large-scale integrated data architecture systems and distributed applications. Demonstrated ability to manage teams and achieve results, highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- ER and Dimensional Data Modeling
- Data Warehouse Design and Implementation
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning/Predictive Modeling
- Enterprise Search
- Metadata Driven Architecture
- Domain Specific Language Design
- Multi-tier and Multi-threaded applications
- Extract Transform Load (ETL)
- UNIX Shell programming, sed, nawk, perl
- UNIX/Windows/QNX IPC
- Performance Tuning
- TCP/IP, Network Programming
Architecture: Distributed Systems, Multi-Threaded programming, Multi-Tier environment
Cloud Computing: Amazon Web Services
Command Languages: UNIX shell programming, sed, nawk.
Data Modeling: Entity-Relationship and Dimensional Data Modeling, OLTP, ODS, EDW, Data Mart, CIF
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 7.1
GIS: ESRI ArcGIS 9.3
Hardware: SPARC, Intel, AlphaStation
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Groovy, Java, Perl, C/C++, Visual C++
Machine Learning: SVM, Tree Based learners, Neural Networks (FNN, RNN, CNN), Ensembling, scikit-learn, hmmlearn, Tensorflow, Keras, nltk
Modeling: UML, OOA/OOD, MD/IM/SA
Networks: TCP/IP protocol suite, Socket Interface Programming
OLAP: Cognos 7.1
Operating Systems: Solaris 2.x, SunOS 5.x, AIX 5.x/6.x, RHEL Server 5.2, QNX 4.2x, VMS, SCO UNIX, Windows 2000/XP/7
Project Management: Agile, Waterflow SDLC
RDBMS: ORACLE 7/8/8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, Oracle XML DB, Oracle XDK, Oracle*Text, DB2 UDB 8.x, Sybase ASE 12.x
Search Engines: Elasticsearch 1.x/2.x/6.x, Oracle Endeca 6.x
Tools: Erwin 7.2, TOAD, SQL Navigator, Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Rational Software Architect
XML Ecosystem: XML, XML Schema, Relax NG, Schematron, XSLT, XQuery, DOM, SAX, Altova Mission Kit, Oxygen
Confidential, Suitland, MD
Census Domain and Search SME, Search Architect, Machine Learning Engineer
- Advise the EDDE team on Census Business Domain and Search Relevance problems.
- Architect and implement indexing strategies aiming at improving the search relevance and streamlining the search architecture.
- Research the application of Natural Language Processing/ Machine Learning techniques for the improvement of the search relevance.
- Research and prototype sequence-to-sequence models for Query Named Entity Recognition
- Research and build search relevance POC based on the Elasticsearch learn-to-rank plugin
- Build “best-bets” POC based on Recurrent Neural Nets.
Environment: Elasticsearch 6.x, Keras 2.1, Tensorflow 1.6, scikit-learn 0.18, nltk 3.2, python 3.6
Data Architect of AFF2, Team Lead, Lead Developer
- Responsible for the Data and Functional Architecture of the “Data Load and Transform” (DLT) subsystem of AFF2. The subsystem encompasses all data stores and associated processes - Meta Data Repository (MDR), Data Warehouse (DW), Spatial Database, and Oracle Endeca search index.
- Built a team of highly talented professionals for the development of the DLT subsystem and lead the team though all SDLC phases to the successful production rollout of the AFF2 system.
- Designed the AFF2 system domain model and the formal system interfaces. Designed the DLT subsystem functional architecture and metadata driven processes.
- Designed the logical and physical data models of the MDR and DW and implemented the physical data models on Oracle 11g.
- Designed and implemented Domain Specific Languages (DSL) for the definition of entities such as the Geo Combo Stub and the Search Navigation Wizard.
- Designed and implemented key components such as the geographic tree build component, the Geo Combo Stub DSL interpretation engine, and the geographic relationship build component
- Responsible for all Metadata Repository model changes. Applied Dimensional Data modeling techniques to meet the runtime navigation and search performance requirements.
- Owner of the Non-Spatial Geography subject area - key dimension providing context for analysis of the statistical data published through the Confidential .
- Responsible for the analysis of the business requirements for geo-navigation and search and their implementation.
- Designed and implemented non-hierarchical Geo Navigation, Geo Universe trimming, and Geo-Bridging solutions that integrate seamlessly in the Confidential application architecture.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Data Tech Lead/Data Architect
- Member of the Data Architecture Group and the Data Review Board, responsible for the Close the Books (CTB) business process analysis, system architecture analysis and redesign, and Data Model design and integration.
- Performed Requirements Analysis for projects in the Pricing and Investment and Capital Markets business areas.
- Created Logical and Physical United Pricing Services data model, proposed and successfully prototyped Daily Price Request/Response processes.
- Analyzed the system changes required to switch from monthly to daily CTB processing.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Data Modeler/Data Warehouse & ETL Specialist/Tech Lead/Developer
- Business process analysis and requirements gathering. Preparation of technical specifications.
- Created Operational Data Store, Enterprise Data Warehouse, and Data Mart logical and physical data models.
- Lead team of 5 developers to the successful implementation of a Data Warehouse solution collecting Customer Order, Shipping, and Invoicing data from 7 GEAE shops.
Project Lead/Technical Lead/Developer
- Design and implementation of database modules of the Cell Controller - a hybrid (ODS & DW) statistical information system collecting statistical data from distributed letter sorting machines.
- Implementation of Cell Controller kernel processes involving inter-process communication in heterogeneous environment and interaction with relational data store.
- Design and implementation of machine site simulation software in heterogeneous network environment. Design, implementation, and integration of communication libraries and processes.