Passionate Business Analyst with 15+ years of experience working on cross - functional development teams delivering data solutions to achieve sponsor business objectives. Enjoy serving as liaison between stakeholders and IT in understanding business goals, analyzing data, driving development and documentation of functional and technical requirements to creating and executing user acceptance test cases and end-users on information. Thrive in fast-paced environment and appreciate working in an Agile Scrum setting.
Data Governance Analyst
Primary Tools: Informatica Business Glossary, SharePoint, SQL Server Management Studio, JIRA, Confluence, WebEx, Excel, PowerPoint
- Established CVM and associated data for Specialty Data Warehouse integration of 9 disparate source systems.
- Developed monthly CVMs as necessary for production DW integrated systems, ensuring consistent logic of existing mappings to the DW for similar data.
- Proactively updated Event (Catastrophe) mappings from the legacy systems to the conformed values so that month-end data on Events were useful to the business (Claims, Actuarial, Catastrophe modelers, etc.) as soon as possible.
- Utilized JIRA for project management, issue tracking and workflow of DB tasks with IT. Typically participated on 6-8 JIRA issues at any given time as reporter, assignee or watcher.
- Consulted with stakeholders to gather and document requirements for data governance projects, helping to establish agreed upon data definitions and consistent data capture across the company.
- Critically evaluated information gathered from multiple sources and worked with customers to assess whether data conformed to data governance approved mappings and standards.
- Captured detailed documentation of decisions and conversations leading to resolutions for conformance work.
- Ensured the business and IT teams were considering many perspectives (e.g. practical as well as theoretical, internal/external use, business vs. technical development) as they solutioned for term definition and related attributes.
- Oversaw the Data Governance (DG) Business Glossary and process leading to creation/changes of Glossary assets.
- Remedied backlog of glossary concepts and change requests of valid values and definitions into SharePoint Business Glossary.
- Implemented the Informatica Business Glossary (IBG) including the porting of existing DG concepts into the tool from SharePoint and creating workflows.
- Managed Active Directory (AD) user groups and assigned permissions and rights within the Informatica Analyst tool.
- Worked with Data Executives to develop their Subject Matter Experts (SME) groups; created materials and conducted sessions for both groups of users of the IBG, initially and ongoing.
Primary Tools: Teradata SQL Assistant, Excel, Ab Ibinitio Metadata Hub, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ)
- Provided Data Risk Framework support of Basel II mandates on Important Data Elements (IDEs) for the Retail Bank Line of Business (LOB) to ensure adherence to Data Governance principles and data integrity of CapOne’s important data feeding its Risk Weighted Asset (RWA) calculator.
- Developed data quality checks for IDEs to be measured against Basel thresholds.
- Established technical and business metadata along with data lineage from data sources to points of data quality assertion in Ab Initio Metadata Hub.
- Facilitated bi-weekly status meetings between LOB and Basel team to resolve issues and drive team to successful completion of aggressive Basel milestones.
Data Analyst / Data Steward
Primary Tools: Teradata SQL Assistant, Excel, PowerPoint
- Efficiently worked on various Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases of multiple projects in an Agile Scrum team work environment with competing priorities and demands from various stakeholders.
- Liaised between both the CapOne Retail and Commercial Bank Businesses and Bank IT to ensure functional and data requirements for analysis and reporting met business needs as expected and followed Data Governance guidelines and processes.
- Reviewed, analyzed and provided input to user requirements, source to target data mapping, and data models.
- Prepared User Acceptance Test cases adhering to end-to-end traceability requirements; documented Metadata and created end-user decks.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Post Production Validation (PPV) across multiple work streams and platforms.
- Employed Teradata for data validation and profiling of large data sets (in excess of hundreds of millions of records).
- Applied skills in data analysis, data verification and problem solving as first line responder to user inquiries and issues.
- Utilized HP Quality Center (QC) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) to manage production defects.
Associate Account Director & Data Strategist
Primary Tools: Access, Excel, PowerPoint
- Directed cross-functional data teams to support and enhance client business initiatives. Clients included Diageo, Volkswagen United Healthcare Senior Retirees Services, Bermuda Department of Tourism, ACE Direct Specialists and Sears.
- Liaised with client partners to bridge gap between business needs and technical requirements, as well as current and future state.
- Responsible for timeliness, accuracy and illustration of business impact for all reporting efforts.
- Led the charge in solidifying, then growing the relationship with VW when Euro’s creative sister agency lost the VW business
- Formed a Touchpoint Communication Strategy and documented the communication process flow for acquisition, retention, up-sell and cross-sell efforts.
- Teamed with Euro’s analytics lead to demonstrate value of applying data analytics to marketing initiatives.
- Grew Diageo revenue for Euro from $250K to over $1M annually:
- Managed Diageo’s large scale, brand specific web site development from data perspective for CRM initiatives.
- Developed test plans, and implementation strategies for data validation and file formats used by global data partners.
- Established brand specific dashboard, recurring and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Created CRM Ways of Working (WoW) as part of the cross-functional data and business process re-engineering effort to meet business goals efficiently.
- Worked with business users daily to correctly document data extract requests for program communications based on complex criteria.
Primary Tools: Oracle, Access, Excel
- Revised requirements for Addressable Market database based on current business needs and outside vendor data.
- Liaised with end-users and data team to transform business needs into technical requirements.
- Created Addressable Market relational database using Oracle for Marketing analysis purposes. Provided detailed documentation and to end-users.
- Created targeted prospect profile for Sales using outside vendor data.
Primary Tools: Access, Excel
- Devised requirements for Addressable Market database: input and output data field and table designs; business rules for data transformations, suppressions, network availability; detailed data dictionary.
- Performed detailed analysis on voice customer base.
Primary Tools: Access, Excel, Microstrategy, PowerPoint, Word
- Acted as project leader in the development and maintenance of the C&W USA Data Mart including databases, interface tools, and campaign management tools. Provided technical oversight of all requirements across four disparate billing databases. Project managed IT staff and vendors for development and maintenance.
- Served as strategic planning liaison for all direct and indirect sales campaigns to customers and prospects. Defined profile of most attractive prospects. Executed over 20 highly customized programs.
- Managed team of professionals: established analysis guidelines to ensure delivery of consistent, value-added analysis that supported marketing decisions.
Primary Tools: Access, Excel, FoxPro, InfoMaker, PowerPoint, Word
- Managed and drove the development of the Marketing Database and the skills/tools to access and analyze its data by several functional business areas.
- Developed standard business metrics used by senior management to track customer attrition and growth trends by product, customer segment, and sales channel performance.
- Created targeted lead database from cluster analysis on customer base to identify highly profitable and long-lived customers.
- Produced predictive churn model in conjunction with outside vendor that estimated likelihood of account churn with 89.6% accuracy.
- Acted as key team member representing the database group for all programs to voice and data customers and prospects.
- Created a model to forecast Revenue per Minute by traffic type, sales channel, and acquisition versus base.