Microsoft BI Solution Architect with 13 years of IT experience, responsible for BI solutions and projects incorporating dashboards, reporting, and self - service delivery across all functions of the organization. Possesses a strong attention to detail and the ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment. Research and suggest adoption of new BI related tools to support existing and emerging business requirements and needs. Work with business users to effectively adopt Business Intelligence platform to fully extract value by dashboards, reports and other self-service analytic tools. Able to work with different stakeholders in providing data management services such data architecture, data integration, data quality and metadata services.
- 13 years of Microsoft BI stack (SSMS/SSIS/SSAS/SSRS)
- 13 years of building ODS, EDW Data Mart and OLAP cubes using both star schematic and snowflake
- 6 years of Data architecture using various tools such ER/Studios and Visio.
- 3 years of working with Azure Data Platform Service for building modern data warehouse using Lambda architecture with tools such Data factory, ADLA, ADLS, U-SQL, HDInsight, Hive and Pig, Azure Event Hub, Automation and Runbook etc.
- 3 years of working with scripting tools such Powershell, JSON, Hive, Pig and U-sql and DAX
- Source control experience using TFS, VSTS and Azure DevOps
- 5 years of managing projects using MS Project
- 8 years of working with reporting, analytical and self-service tool such SSRS, Report Builder, Excel, PowerBI, Tableau using relational, tabular and multidimensional source
- 6 years of Master Data Management and Data Quality and metadata management experience.
- 4 years of working with SAP ERP, SAP HANA, Crystal Reports, WEBI
Confidential, New Kensington, PA
- Worked closely with SME in developing technical specifications in automating the flow of new products and pricing from B2B into PIM and PIS (Product libraries).
- Worked with work stream leaders and data steward in developing policies for defining single definitions for master data and reference data.
- Architect and supervised the conversion of real time operational reporting from crystal report to SSRS and in shutting down of Jeff net server.
- Worked with infrastructure and DBA team in leading the movement of BI Infrastructure from on premise to Azure.
- Worked infrastructure team in implementing Enterprise Power BI infrastructure.
- Documented our current development and deployment process and implemented areas that need improvement such source control and change control for BI team.
- Implemented real time Analytical system for RCM department using ADLA (ADLS and U-SQL), Event Hub, Azure Data warehouse and Azure DB. This enable the business to track order process issues such as order entry issues, shipping issues, production issues and freight upgrade in real time.
- Implemented data warehouse using ADLA, Event hub and Azure Data warehouse to enable the operational managers to monitor operations real time using operational dashboard and analytical dashboard being used by SMEs for critical decision making.
- Worked with the team in converting all SSIS packages to Data Factory activities pipeline reducing data integration cost by one-third.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Worked closely with Data conversion team and data steward in implementing MDM to support single definition of master and referenced data for Confidential Multisite initiative.
- Designed and led the development of Data Marts for Sales, Sales and Operations (SNOP), Purchases, GL, Inventory, AR and AP for Confidential Multisite business operations initiative.
- Designed SSIS templates and improved the load strategy of the existing ETL in supporting the multidimensional reporting and analytics for the business operations.
- Managed the data migration of historical data from SAP, Syteline, Microsoft Dynamics, network file share and third-party data vendor into the newly designed data marts.
- Led the implementation of several operational reporting and OLAP cubes to support Confidential Multisite business operations.
- Supervised stress test, roll-out phases. and disaster recovery plan for the Confidential Multisite project using VSTS and Azure DevOps
- Mentored the BI team and contractors in developing various aspects of Multisite projects
Confidential, Linthicum Heights, MD
- Documented current development and deployment process and implemented areas that need improvement such source control and change control for BI team.
- Implemented data warehouse using ADLA, ADLS, Streaming Analytic, Event Hub and Azure Data Warehouse which enable the operational managers to monitor operations real time using operational dashboard and analytical dashboard being used by SMEs for critical decision making.
- Implemented data governance policy to develop modern EDW integrated with Enterprise Analytic Platform for customer sentiment and experiences using social media comments and web logs.
- Integrated Hadoop into traditional ETL, accelerating the extraction, transformation, and loading of massive structured and unstructured data.
- Responsible for working with BA and other stakeholders in architecting end-to-end enterprise wide Business Intelligence solutions for Sales, marketing and warehousing operations.
- Responsible for creating proof on concepts for BI projects and template for ETL systems
- Responsible for managing development and deploying reliable, flexible, scalable and high performing Data Warehousing, OLAP and Reporting Systems using Microsoft T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SAP HANA and Business Objects.
- Designed and developed OLAP cubes and Mining structures using SSAS.
- Responsible for tuning OLAP cubes and relational databases for optimal performance using various SSAS tools and T-SQL management tool.
- Managed artifacts and versioning, including source code, documents and design models using Microsoft Team Foundation Server, share points and Visio.
- Performed Enterprise Metadata Management (EMM) along with data Steward using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- Member of EA team
- Managed and worked with BI team to deliver multiple projects (Focus Marketing, Supply Operations and Finance Operations) on time.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
- Responsible for developing and delivering reports using SSRS, Microsoft Performance Point Server and Tableau.
- Responsible for designing, developing and deploying BI self-services using Excel Services and Power Pivot
- Designed and Developed OLAP cubes and Mining structures using SSAS and implementing MDX and DMX.
- Provided extensive data analysis using Statistics in SQL
- Responsible for designing, implementing ETL operations using SSIS.
- Responsible for tuning cubes and database for optimal performance using SSAS and T-SQL.
- Responsible for managing development and staging SharePoint Farms.
- Worked with BI analyst to gather and analyze requirements from process owners and end users.
- Worked with Business Analyst in performing Enterprise Metadata Management (EMM) using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.