- Seasoned Business/Requirements Analyst with several years of experience in managing several large projects during within the Information Technology field.
- Excellent experience in creating business and technical applications following business requirements and accountability management.
- Good experience with Project Management, Systems Development Methodologies and the Development Life Cycle (business requirements, project planning, cost accounting, development, analysis, design, engineering, testing, documentation, etc.) of business software and hardware systems.
- Experienced in management with the ability to lead staff in an effective and productive environment.
- Possess a diverse Information Technology background with the ability to evaluate and resolve problems and projects in an expeditious and professional manner.
Hardware: IBM Mainframe, DEC Midrange, HP Midrange, LAN/WEB servers, IBM Compatible Workstations/Lap Tops
Sr. Business/Requirements Analyst
- Performing requirements documents walkthroughs and reviews.
- Participating in project meetings in the requirements analyst role.
- Use of “DocShare” to manage document versioning and access control for requirements and supporting documents.
- Use of “BluePrint” to document and generate System Requirements Document.
- Directly supporting Project Manager, Business Analyst, Technical Lead and Systems Quality Assurance lead.
Sr. Business/Functional Requirements Analyst
- Analyzed and redesigned the Financials (Check writing and Check audit reports) and the Provider Remittance (Transaction Reporting and History Archiving) feature of the current distributed software. This included the COBOL applications and their related data sequential files.
- Responsible for hosting meetings with end users or customers to review requirements; analyze business and technical requirements specification; perform baseline testing; perform software integration testing; perform systems integration testing for Client Server and Web based applications.
- Produced detailed documentation (Business/Functional Requirements) of the distributed COBOL programs that produce financial/historical reports and checks.
- Produced requirements & business use cases for the Distributed Finance and Remittance applications.
- Produced the centralized process requirements specifications documentation for the finance and provider remittance base on the reversed engineered distributed requirements.
- Created Application to extract and organize field requirements from COBOL applications.
- Analyzed requirements for a web based application that provides Plans with benefit scripts with tailored member specific information relative to their out - of-pocket expenses (e.g. deductibles, co-pays, and catastrophic maximums, etc.) and; indicators identifying the member’s disease state and participation or lack of participation with Federal Employee Plan care management, and wellness and disease management programs.
- Produced the Member Profile and Benefits Information Tool (MPBIT) Security Functional Specifications document.
- Created the MPBIT Reports Functional Specifications document
- Created the FEPDirect MPBIT roles and permissions for the security specifications.
- Produced the Reporting Use Case Document.
- Produce Use Cases for the Audit Log Functional Specifications.
Lead Requirements Analyst
- As the Business and Requirements Analyst Lead, responsible for directing an additional requirements analyst and a documentation specialist, ensuring completion of all the System Development Methodology (SDM) documents required for applications developed for HUD OIG.
- Primarily responsible for eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, verifying and managing needs of application systems project stakeholders, customers and users.
- Served as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team, through which application development requirements would flow.
- Worked with stakeholders and subject matter experts to produce the Use Case, class, package, sequence, collaboration, state, activity, and deployment diagrams that were used in the planning, analysis and design of these applications.
- Responsible for conducting the necessary JAD and Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, ensuring customer needs were captured, tracked and implemented correctly.
- Captured and monitored requirements issues, and involved at all levels throughout the entire system development life cycle.
- Initiated the requirements gathering for the HUD OIG department’s ‘Employee Information Subsystem’ (ETIS) to track employee overall history.
- Used the agile system development life cycle process, through Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions.
- Used VISIO to produce the Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams as well as all necessary flow charts.
- Incorporated the diagrams and flow charts where necessary in the MS Word SDM documents delivered for the CMIS and EMIS applications.
- Created and/or performed risk analysis, security analysis, business requirements document, technical requirements document, requirements traceability matrix document, database requirements document, data dictionary, data specifications document, system subsystem document, system specification document, configuration management document, user manual, installation manual and operations manual.
Senior Systems / Requirements Analyst
- Chaired the JAD sessions with the SMEs and stakeholders to produce the use cases and the business and technical requirements to transform the ‘Special Events Tracking System’ from a manual process to an automated one.
- Using ASP.NET Visual Web Developer and SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005, developed a multi-user, online ASP.NET application to track and manage special events and the employees who work them.
- Created an application Administrator process to draft personnel for event, provide reports on events descriptions and requirements, volunteer status and history, and event volunteer status.
Partner, Business Requirements Analyst
- Determined the company’s Management Information Systems business and technical requirements and performed as the project manager, analyst and developer, using ASP to develop multi-user internet applications using access databases.
- Applications included interactive calendar, contact directory, resource directory, employee/project activity time tracking, project management scheduling including Gantt charts and expense tracking.
Sr. Systems Analyst
- Established procedures to ensure that changes were accomplished in an organized manner, so that project CM requirements were properly implemented.
- Coordinated all CM activities with project team and customer.
- Responsible for identifying the Configuration documentation or product items for the project, ensured that the Change Control Process was conducted according to the defined procedures and Change Request Log was maintained during all phases of the system life cycle.
- Reported and recorded CM activities on regular basis.
- Audited configuration items when a configuration was complete or before a software or system was released.
- Provided Developers and System Administrators with in the use of the PVCS tools.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive and accurate HUD SDM documents. This included updating and delivering the appropriate HUD SDM documentation during operational and maintenance activities.
- As the Business/Requirements Analyst, primarily responsible for eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, verifying and managing needs of application systems project stakeholders, customers and users.
- Attended JAD/RAD sessions with the customer community and the software development team, through which use cases and application development requirements were developed.
- Responsible for ensuring customer business requirements were captured, tracked and implemented correctly.
- To capture and monitor requirements issues, involved at some level throughout the entire system development life cycle.
Sr. Technical / Systems Analyst
- Managed PVCS Tracker issues used for tracking system for technical support, QA, and development.
- Determined the nature of any issues entered into the system and assigned them to the appropriate person for resolution.
- Performed technical support for data verification of Oracle databases on Solaris OS Servers and served as the project manager for the installation and updating of the eCommerce servers and support software.
- On call for eCommerce online production hardware and software problems.
- Administered and maintained the WEBTrend online application system, which provided statistics on the use and health of eCommerce online applications.
- Led the Midrange, LAN and WEB server hardware and software installation, maintenance and support team, instrumental in the migration and upgrade of a DEC midrange system from Mankato, MN to Chantilly, VA.
- Led the LBS mainframe, midrange and WEB server Security access and control.
- Developed 27 LBS Finance reports using Crystal Reports, accessing Oracle databases on DEC and HP UNIX midrange systems.
- Using SyncSort and UNIX file transfer, created the Oracle databases from Mainframe data that we formatted for reporting.
- Administered the PVCS Tracker problem tracking system application, including the installation of the application on the Midrange Unix system and the WEB server.
- Supported installation of PVCS Tracker on user workstations, issued user access and group setups.
- Administered 4 LBS production web servers.
- Performed as the Web Master for LBS technical support web site as well as support for other LBS groups web sites on the various web servers. This included hardware and software upgrades and users access administration..
Sr. Systems Analyst Programmer, Application Task Leader
- Developed screen layouts, database structures / relationships and data dictionary for the comprehensive data.
- Developed use case and UML class diagrams data model for the 1997 consolidated Notice of Funds Availability (SNOFA97) competition, along with the data warehousing for the previous years NOFA competitions.
- Analyzed and developed the SNOFA97 standard and SQL report formats.
- Participated in and performed as a task leader in the analysis and creation of the ongoing development of the HUD programs Consolidated Plan System (CPS).
- Provided the determination of PC and Mainframe hardware, database and reporting requirements / methods.
- Produced use case, analyzed and developed the application systems for transferring CPS information between the PC, Local Area Network and mainframe, using HUDWARE, TCPIP, and Confidential 2.6. Developed application using the “CommTools” Confidential third-party communications software.
- Analyzed use case and developed a multi-user Confidential application for the empowerment zone / enterprises communities (EZ/EC) revitalization program. The application automated the review and reporting of submitted EZ/EC applications, based on the extensive regulations pertaining to the EZ/EC program.
- Analyzed and developed the 'Annual Performance Reports' (APR) and 'Grantee Annual Reports' (GAR) data entry and reporting system for the office of the Special Need Assistance Program (SNAP). Developed the fast entry screen for the Cisneros study of the seriously mentally ill and duly diagnosed aided by HUD's homeless assistance programs.
- Supported the SNAP System Administrators in producing various R&R and Confidential reports, including management and verification.
- Created, tested and maintained the Confidential / Clipper data entry and file transfer application for the HUD Home Cash Management Information System.
- Analyzed and developed the use case and UML diagrams and produced the requirements for a new Confidential application system developed to track grant applications, participants, and progress of the HUD Youthbuild Program. Produced the use case and diagrams, developed the requirements document, the users and technical guide, database dictionary, report formats, and the testing and implementation procedures.
- As Group Leader, responsible for upgrading the related report systems and the LAN based petroleum supply reporting system from Clipper '87 to Clipper 5.01