Accomplished, results - driven globally-engaged, and efficiency-minded Technology Management Professional with a proven history of leveraging technical expertise, lifecycle project management, and communication skills to drive successful implementation of products serving the fast-paced financial and automotive industry on time and within budget. Respected manager and change agent capable of building, mentoring, and enhancing the productivity of distributed business and project teams with a proven track record for delivering business value and meeting objectives through teamwork, leadership, and people development.. Refined communicator with a knack for forging partnerships with senior executives, project stakeholders, end users, and third-party vendors.
- Team/Project Management
- Hiring and Team Building
- Mentoring / Training
- Relationship Management /SOW
- Innovation/Problem Solving
- Process Improvement
- Vendor Management
- Business Analysis
- Implementation / Execution
- Acceptance/ Training
- Change Control
- Release Management
- Strategy / Plan / Design
- Automation / Efficiency
- Integrity / Load / UAT / Regression
- Process Development / Improvement
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Agile Methodology
TECHNICAL SKILL SUMMARY:
Database: Oracle, SQL, Access, Sybase
Applications/Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, QTP, Winrunner, Load Test tools, Automation, KTEK, Equilend, ECI, TIBCO, Informatica
Defect Tracking and Lifecycle Management: HP ALM/Quality Center, Jira
Microsoft Office: Access, Word, Excel, Power Point, Project
Confidential, Plano, TX
Technical Delivery Manager
- Manage the delivery of the Retail Transformation/SmartPath applications portfolio.
- Manage multiple full life-cycle projects and scrum teams concurrently using internal resources and outside vendors.
- Work with Product owners, Business, and stakeholders to develop and execute product vision.
- Work with Architects and Dev teams to come up and deliver technical solution (API eco System).
- Lead a team in the development of proprietary services & applications including integrating to 3rd party software.
- Successfully delivered technology solutions in support TFS Retail Transformation business initiatives.
- Communicated to executive board in accordance with prioritization criteria set by TFS business and stakeholders.
- Translate corporate/functional business and information objectives into IT strategic/tactical business plans.
- Responsible for all escalations / solutions / root cause analysis back to the business and upper management.
- Closely collaborated with the finance and various functional managers to ensure IT operational budgets are properly estimated and controlled.
- Manage development and roll-out of process supporting technology in alignment with business process improvement initiatives.
- Manage, time, expenses, and budgets (internally and vendor based).
- Implemented the Vendor Management and engagement and retention policy to meet the needs of the program.
- Implemented multiple process improvements and templates including Agile Specific vendor engagement and Work Order, Release Management process, Jira adaption.
- Manage relationships with service providers and vendors, including in-house developers, business, and COE.
- Prioritized pending issues of day to day activities for staff and determined agenda to be executed
- Oversaw personnel, communicating job expectations and enforcing policies to create a high performing teams; delegate daily assignments and oversee the fulfillment of projects.
- Create work estimates and expense budgets for each project while identifying cost effective opportunities.
- Ensure successful delivery of technology projects on time and within budget.
Confidential, New York, NY/ Dallas, TX
VP CIB Investor Services
- Provided management and direction, strategy, budgeting, and lifecycle oversight for global Investment Services technology organization and projects supporting multiple lines of business.
- Supporting Principal and Agency Lending, Reporting and Data Warehouse, Repo, Swaps, Grips, Equity Finance.
- Drive the quality initiative and improvement program.
- Process creation, improvement, and implementation of architecture, as well as horizontal functions.
- Utilize latest tools and automation to drive process improvement, efficiencies (HP ALM, QTP, Test Complete, back end automation, performance testing, JIRA).
- Developed and deliver various organizational metrics that highlight statistics such as efficiency, product quality, and trends over time with in the overall program.
- Enhanced Quality workflows and processes by incorporating automation, new tools, and best practices.
- Implemented Non-Production environment build out, release management and controls.
- Developed, oversaw, and managed; strategic plans, project plans, test plans, testing scope, testing timelines, and lifecycle management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Identified the root cause of inefficiencies and deficient processes, designing workflows and procedures for optimal improvement
- Directed, managed, and mentored a 33 -person global team composed of employees, consultants, and third-party vendor personnel across multiple teams within the organization.
- Prioritizing of pending issues and or tasks and of day to day and long term activities for staff and determined agenda to be executed.
- Budgeting and planning including; SOW, Vendor selection, on-boarding, and management.
- Integrated the organization in the full SDLC including Test driven development and continuous integration process.
- Partnered with other project stakeholders to review Business and functional requirements, establish resource requirements, communication, and formal schedules for enterprise-level projects.
- Coordinated test execution between numerous teams with in Investor services and Prime Brokerage.
- Managed, coordinated, and oversaw User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Confidential, New York, NY
Global Quality Assurance Manager
- Directed globally-distributed Quality Assurance teams serving multiple regions including United States, Canada, and offshore (India) global securities trading services; included lifecycle project ownership for strategic testing of in-house and third party tools.
- Built, assessed, and enhanced a high-performing and globally-distributed QA team with the business talent, technical skill, and oversight necessary to ensure success.
- Optimized the Quality Assurance organization by introducing structure, environment-specific standards, procedures, and industry-accepted best practices.
- Facilitated knowledge transfer by hosting cross-functional meetings to share strategies and approach.
- Interview and interface with business users to understand requirements sufficiently to design robust plan.
- Led weekly QA status meetings involving project managers, business users, and developers reporting on status of current project and discussing future projects and timelines.
- Enhanced future product quality by holding postmortem meetings after each release.
- Participated in manual testing of Stock Loan trading applications and systems written on JAVA and C# including data integrity testing on SQL and SYBASE databases by writing complex queries.
- Managed multiple full project lifecycles from inception to fulfillment.
- Ensured successful delivery of projects on time and within Budget.
- Performed extensive quality control, ensuring work went according to plan while developing solutions and modifying operations.
Confidential, New York, NY
Lead Automation Engineer/ Quality Assurance Analyst - Consultant
- Oversaw the development of robust quality assurance testing programs to support the lifecycle development and implementation of Production systems; included responsibility for The Confidential Institutional Portal (web-based access to research, market data, and offerings) as well as CONDOR, a web-based contract storage system.
- Manage test plan development, defect tracking, test implementation, communication and status reporting for all assigned projects.
- Partnered with project management team and business stakeholders to understand business and system requirements, resolve open issues, and communicate enhancements.
- Author and lead the implementation of comprehensive and strategic test plan and test cases spanning regression, data integrity, browser, GUI, load testing, and User Acceptance testing.
- Introduced an automated QA test methodology; included a formal test suite library, naming convention, and full integration with existing defect tracking system.
- Assisted in knowledge-transfer to developers and production support personnel; included run books and work flow process.
Confidential, New York, NY
Quality Assurance Automation Tester
- Collaborated with software developers, end users, and business management to implement and test an extensive platform migration (UNIX to Windows) of the Fixed Income Software.
- Planned and executed a wide variety of manual and automated testing of individual financial applications such as Blotter, EStack, and Ebucketer).
- Crafted test cases and executed baseline regression tests, cross platform data integrity tests, as well as automated test scripts using Test Director/WinRunner.
- Wrote and implemented Pearl scripts as well as Visual C++ and Visual Basic code to facilitate migration.