- Expert in defining and executing enterprise - wide and large scale Backup policies, data replication and Disaster Recovery with NetBackup and Extensions with Solid understanding of Storage and Appliances - EMC, NetApp, Replication, Deduplication.
- Expertise of mission critical datacenter support (database and applications): 24x7x365 environment, High Availability, Web server, data backup/restore & connectivity services.
- Infrastructure Management: Clustering, High-Availability, Files management, SAN Management ( Confidential Storage Foundation, SAN Point Control), Hardware problems resolution
- UNIX Systems Administration: Support/Maintenance, shell scripting, troubleshooting hardware and software installation, upgrade and troubleshooting in production environment, change control management, vendors’ service delivery management, System Monitoring
- Strong programming skills and life cycle development tools: Analysis, programming: C, Pascal, Django, Python, debugging tools, compiling and code sanitization.
- Strong experience in designing security policies and implementation plans.
- Network Security with Kerberos and Network Integration with Samba, NFS and secured shell.
- Experience with TCP/IP application programming: Socket, RPC. Secured network application using Kerberos: TELNET, FTP, NFS, DNS and NIS
Principal Data protection Manager
- Daily Mitigation of existing NetBackup environments with recommended enhancements, ticketing and conference call with various stakeholders and vendors for corrective actions.
- Supervision and implementation of the upgrade and migration of Servers: NetBackup 5.1 and 6.5 to 188.8.131.52 to new datacenter. Replicating the data using BCV (Timefinder) & Remote replication techniques (SRDF)
- Upgrade certification, testing and guideline documentation - NBU 7.7.2 with accelerator and security features.
- Supervision and training of a technical team of backup engineers
- HP Data Protector Support and operation on a few sites.
- Zoning standards and procedures (Cisco Fabric Manager)
- Data migration using Storage V-motion. Understanding of the dependencies of various platforms and their storage needs
Data Protection Compliance Architect
- Quality control of data protection practices.
- Establishment of compliance standards that included best practices, local regulations and disaster recovery
- Budgeting justification
- Application Architecture around Cloud Computing platform for reduced CAPEX.
- Infrastructure validation with focus on virtualization, application continuity and data availability.
- RFP to vendors and follow up.
Data Protection Engineering
- Upgrade certification, testing and guideline documentation - NBU 7.5, 7.6 with SRDF replication, VMWARE, NAS backup configuration, OpsCenter, Sybase and Oracle options on the following platforms: LINUX, AIX, Solaris and Windows 2008/2012.
- Testing and validation of new backup features and appliances: DataDomaine, Accelerator, VMware.
Data Protection Lead
- Operational Guidelines and health check alerts to comply with SLA and regulatory policies such as SOX and HIPPA.
- Mitigation of existing NetBackup environments with formal M&P, Storage Life Cycle policy implementation that translated into a drastic reduction of tape usage and tape rotation manpower, enhancing audit requirements and data protection reliability. Data Loss Prevention evaluation and recommendations.
- Upgrade and migration of Servers: NetBackup 6.5 and 7.5 Puredisk, Advanced Appliances. Consolidation of multiple backup solutions and worldwide environment (TSM, Arc Serve, Networker and Data Protector) in a NetBackup based solution. Evaluation of cloud backup and features of new releases NetBackup Appliances, EMC Power Path, Time finder, Storage Life Cycle, NDMP for NAS backups, Exchange 2008 and 2010, OpsCenter.
- EMC (VNX, VMAX, Celera) storage configuration and troubleshooting for NDMP backup purpose.
- Capacity planning and preparedness for Disaster Recovery of the main sites of the company.
- Supervision and Technical training of remote and overseas consultants.
- Solution architecture and prototype development for the largest Senegalese pension fund. Duties include:
- Architecture of overall solution in terms of application, system architecture and governance of the project.
- Hands-on implementation of the prototype: Data migration plan and validation from AS400 legacy system to an open system environment (Linux, PostgreSQL, Django, Python) Database design, application design and hardware architecture, Conducted the development of prototypes that consisted of establishing a data transfer protocol between contributors, banks and beneficiaries with emphasis on security and ease of use: web base interface, socket programming and multilayered control system.
- This was instrumental winning constituency’s adhesion and eliminating pervasive resistance to change.
- Resources alignment for integrating and generalizing the prototype with emphasis on best business and technology practices: data security and protection, formal change control, formal project management, testing and solution delivery.
- Capacity analysis and sizing for Hardware, Software and application.
- The end result has been an enhancement of customer service through drastic reduction of pension processing, better tracking to reduce the possibilities of fraud, control of expenditures and contributions for the government and the legislative bodies.
- Assigned at Confidential for backup engineering and operations. Upgrade, Data Analysis, Capacity planning and ad-hoc data duplication for long term storage.
- Resource Consultant for local companies in architecture and implementation planning of security and data protection solutions.
- Duties included RFP, offer analysis, security plans and implementation (virus cleanup plan, alternate and secure network implementation, host migration, firewall and routing policies, implementation and configuration plan for Confidential Endpoint deployment)
- Tape drive and disk zoning for various types of switches.
- Capacity sizing to meet backup windows requirement and disaster recovery readiness
- SAN point Control configuration, provisioning, and configuration of storage and tape libraries.
- Data Protection Assessment and best practices suitable to customers’ business requirement and mission critical.
- High Availability with VCS, Foundation Suite, Volume configuration, mirroring, RAID and Raw devices configuration for specific backup purpose.
- System tuning: kernel parameters change, driver configuration for peripherals such as tape drive, tape libraries, VTL for de-duplication and compression of data for long term storage. Shell scripting to produce ad-hoc reporting on data availability, disk usage, system performance, network issues etc.
Project Manager and UNIX System Lead
- Solaris Installation and configuration of SUN SPARC and Solaris servers; System setup M&P standards, day-to-day administration (system installations, upgrades, patching, monitoring, alert mails and escalation scripts, user account management, mail server (Send mail
- Storage configuration: RAID box configurations, EMC disk drives configuration with Power Path. Sun and Confidential Volume Manager Install, upgrade and troubleshooting, Oracle Backup Procedure and Disaster Recovery Process, Legato backup and EMC Timefinder for Continuous Business Backup using dedicated backup hosts. Database setup: Oracle 8 install to support various web data and document management.
Senior System Analyst
- Support of the Frame Relay, X25 and ATM back bone-monitoring on Solaris and HP-UX systems.
- Solaris and HP-UX system administration, system monitoring and review of system configuration; Oracle Upgrade and Backups, additional software installation and configurations, patch installation, system upgrades and troubles shooting(X-terms, printer configurations, XNTP, imaging, and Exceed).
- Establishment of a UNIX system administrations guidelines and procedures
UNIX System administrator
- Responsible for the MORNETPLUS Engineering group systems and the evaluation of a Warehouse server configuration.
- Test plan definitions, test environment setup, automated application testing scripts in order to conduct various stress and scalability/reliability testing. Developed test scripts and programs (shell and socket based programs) to simulate web transactions, system’s loads and capture results.