- Able to influence the strategic direction of the company by identifying opportunities in large, rich data sets and creating and implementing data driven strategies that fuel growth including revenue and profits.
- Design and implement statistical / predictive models and cutting edge algorithms utilizing diverse sources of data to predict demand, risk and price elasticity. Experience with creating ETL processes to source and link data.
- Utilize analytical skill to identify trends and relationships between different pieces of data, draw appropriate conclusions and translate analytical findings into risk management and marketing strategies that drive value.
- Develop tools and reports that help users access and analyze data resulting in higher revenues and margins and a better customer experience.
- Capable of turning dry analysis into an exciting story that influences the direction of the business and communicating with diverse teams to take a project from start to finish. Collaborate with product teams to develop our internal data platform and to support ongoing analyses.
- Leadership skill like Motivation, Time management, Responsibility, Feedback, Mentoring and Delegation.
Languages/Technologies: SPARK, Hadoop, YARN, SCALA, Python, SQL, ETL, Java, Spring, JDBC, C#, PySpark, Jupyter, MVC, ASP.Net, HDFS, Kafka, Azure Cloud, SQL server, RESTful Services, Web API, Microservices, Data Mart, TFS, Agile.
Databases/Data Storage: MS SQL Server, Oracle, No SQL Database (MongoDB), HDFS, Hive, HBase.
Tools: Machine Learning, MAP Reduce, NLP, R, Deep learning, Visualization, Statistics and Probability, SAS, Data lake, Datastage, Informatica, R on Hadoop, Sqoop, Oozie.
Big Data Engineer/Lead
- Led and implemented successfully a Big Data project using Spark and Scala that deals with up to 1 TB of daily data and provides real insights to the higher management on the customer’s behavior at the ATM’s.
- Implemented Customer Behavior Database - A Big Data solution providing real insights to management about the interactions as the ATM which led to 80% in improvement of the Customer satisfaction index.
- The implementation of this solution has led to improvement in report availability time by around 5000%.
- As a key member of Data architect team - was instrumental in exploration, architecting and engineering of multiple Big Data solutions for the current ATM needs at Confidential .
- As part of Confidential team and as the technology lead, accomplished the organizing of converting raw interaction data into an organized, structured format by creating custom Confidential specific schema.
Technology Stack: SPARK 2.2.1, SCALA, HDFS, Spark SQL, YARN, Hortonworks Data Platform, Oracle.
Big Data Engineer
- Architected and Engineered an ETL solution ATM Hardware Analytics which provides a health monitoring mechanism of all the ATM's at Confidential .
- The implementation of this solution has led to improvement in uptime of the ATM's by around 70%.
- Evaluates and conducts proofs of concept for data integration and Big Data technologies which helped the higher management to take decision.
- Built Spark scripts to perform transformations and actions on the large files to develop insights as per the business.
Technology Stack: SPARK 2.0.2/1.6.3, SCALA, HDFS, Spark SQL, YARN, Hortonworks Data Platform, Oracle.
ETL Data Modeler
- Led and architected the effort of creating a central data repository for all Business Intelligence needs for ATM and Community banking department.
- The effort led to increase in business efficiency by providing a single window to different BI groups and to provide cross functional view of data to the ATM customers.
- Some of the data abstractions provided are: Jam and Campaign data, Impression Data, ATM response data, Project Management Data.
Technology Stack: Python, SQL, SQL Server, IBM Data stage, Oracle.
DB Architect/App Lead
- Engineered and Launched, Confidential - A Confidential wide configurable Workflow system to cater to all the Project Management needs.
- Led the team to interact with the business and architected Confidential in such a way so that this application was sold to multiple departments within the bank.
- Overcome the concurrent refresh of the application by implementing the Duplex service which was a asynchronous real time refresh.
- Led the self initiated migration of the Confidential into the Azure cloud.
Technology Stack: Java, C#, Spring, ASP.Net, SQL, SQL Server, MVC.
- Designed and executed this application to give management a real time feel of the ATM machine.
- Learned and implement successfully an entirely new technology WPF, XAML, LINQ.
- Implemented a real time refresh in standalone application with the help of SQL notifier.
- Analyzed the requirement and business process with close interaction with the client.
- Engineered the prototype beforehand delivering the full function system.