Information technology professional with a consistent record of performance in the design and implementation of innovative technical solutions that improve operational efficiency, reduce costs, provide strategic advantage and unlock business opportunities. Possesses outstanding analytical, organizational and problem - solving skills with a flexible approach that adapts quickly to specific needs of organizations in a variety of industries. Effective communicator and presenter, strong collaborative skills working with peers and building cross-functional relationships. In depth technical knowledge and experience in data analytics, applications and database development and operations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Business Analysis
- Business Decision Support
- Database Design
- Data Warehouse
- Computational Methods
- Transactional Systems
- Data Modeling
- Technology Management
- Real-Time Acquisition & Control
- System Integration
- System Security & Availability
- Project Management & Leadership
- Application Development
Databases: SQL-Server 2005-2016 (SSRS/SSAS/SSIS), Oracle 9-12g, Sybase11-12
Platforms: Microsoft Windows Server 2003-2012,IIS,Citrix XenApp, Linux
Tools: Subversion, TFS, Visual Studio, SSMS, TOAD, Erwin, Crystal Reports, Access, Excel
Business Intelligence, Data Analyst
- Perform analytics for product, price and delivery modeling.
- Support business units and project teams with ad-hoc reports and analysis.
- Develop models, analytics and reports for strategic planning and operational needs. Work with SQL Server components and tools.
- Automate processes in Windows PowerShell. Provide data to users and third parties in Excel Pivot Tables and other formats.
- Provide support to SAP migration team, providing data cleaning and restructuring. Perform delivery route cost analysis using geospatial data.
Senior Data Warehouse Developer
- Provided hands-on development for an insurance information system providing financial and actuarial earnings calculations and roll-ups for business units and corporate executives.
- Provided data processing using SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Excel. Wrote T-SQL Stored Procedures, MDX, DMX and Excel pivot extracts and automation through SQL Agent Jobs.
- Supported business analysis by taking in transactional data through the system with ETL to database and data warehouse. Designed implemented a system to calculate re-insurance cession participant earnings allocations.
- Provided technical support and debugging of issues in existing code base and for the development team.
- Provided problem determination and fixes for system performance issues.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to facilitate a conversion of database objects and SSIS packages to a new application.
Senior Database Administrator
- Provided leadership and hand-on development for a major infrastructure project to enhance security of internet facing databases and database applications. Responsible for successful migration and conversion of more than 200 databases.
- Provided team leadership and hands-on installation of 24 Windows clusters and 50 SQL Server instances.
- Provided hand-on SQL server 2014 installation and conversion of database from SQL 2005, 2008. Converted SSIS packages, agent jobs and linked servers. Created requirements and specifications for firewalls and database storage (SAN) configuration.
- Implemented Always-ON clusters. Implemented middle-tier (Scale Arc) technology between web servers and databases.
- Coordinated testing and activation cut-over with multiple development teams. Provided management status reports and technical documentation. Hands-on installation, clustering, storage configuration and management, backup and restore.
- Managed access permission, tuning, upgrades, monitoring. Implemented and supported databases in AWS.
Senior Database Developer
- Hands-on development: database design, stored procedures, SQL queries, and C# code.
- Cross platform integration, data extraction and reports with SQL Server, Oracle, SSIS and SSRS.
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse to support historical index reports and restatement.
- Designed and built database change deployment tools (Powershell).
Manager, Database Services and Application Development
- Provided hands-on code development, writing stored procedures and triggers in T-SQL, Active Server Pages in VBScript and application portals in .NET and C#.
- Worked with system designers and developers to optimize application architecture in multi-tier systems. Provided team leadership for application development and review processes to insure programs and systems included required functionality and achieved performance, availability and security objectives.
- Designed and implemented database structures, indexes, database stored procedures, triggers and functions. Assisted developers in the integration of database capabilities and code.
- Provided database and server design, installation, configuration and deployment. Configured and managed SQL Server replication, log shipping and mirroring capabilities.
- Designed and implemented data access and data integration solutions including data models, data warehouses, and analysis and reporting systems.
- Implemented and optimized more than 100 operational reports in SSRS 2008R2 by reverse engineering and redesigning data analysis cubes from a legacy query tool.
- Designed and implemented dynamic extract transform and load applications (ETL) for SQL Server based data warehouses permitting replacement of a SCADA system and off-loading of historical data from legacy and production servers using BCP, SSIS and DTS.
- Converted Sybase 12 database to SQL server by migrating database objects and data and making changes to T SQL code. Worked with business analysts and application Q/A test team to troubleshoot conversion issues.
- Reverse engineered data models for Sybase and SQL server databases. Designed and implemented database abstraction layers for ad-hoc user queries and operational reporting.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of integration of commercial applications with internal systems. Provided access infrastructure and data feeds, creating linked servers, SQL Server agent jobs, SQL code and procedures to transfer data across applications.
- Assisted in implementation of commercial applications including SSAS data cubes for Prophix application, permitting consolidation of JDE Oneworld data for financial reporting.
- Managed 20 database servers with 24 hour - 7 days availability requirements. Provided database administration and application support, performance tuning, capacity planning, system implementation, upgrades, change management and disaster recovery services. Provided monitoring, support and recovery for data feeds working with EDI, XML, flat file sources and intra-database transactions.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2000, 2005 & 2008R2 to support business application requirements and I.T. standards & practices. Installed SQL Server upgrades, services packs, updates and hot fixes. Installed & configured SQL instances and components, tools and support services including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and Windows Server IIS.
- Specified hardware and software for database servers, including processor, memory disk and RAID configuration. Configured, managed and monitored on-line database backups for SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, Sybase 12 and Oracle 11g.
- Coordinated business support teams for installations, upgrades, migrations and maintenance. Managed system availability and performed data recovery.
- Identified performance bottlenecks using Resource Manager/Perfmon and SQL query analyzer. Mitigated performance issues by redesigning tables, data structures, indexes and partitions, changing statistics configuration and database code.
Project Leader - Telecommunications Software
- Designed applications for inter-bank transfers, while meeting regulatory and banking requirements.
- Developed strategies for process re-engineering and applications migration.
- Designed and implemented a market research modeling and analysis system for decision support, providing data modeling, statistics and reporting.
- Developed a business information system for accounts receivable/payable, purchase order, project cost tracking and charge-back, time sheets and project auditing.