- Senior Business Analyst/ Business System Analyst with experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, testing deployment, release and maintenance on Agile - SCRUM and Waterfall Development Environment. Strong skills in defining concise documentation including product business requirements, system requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, use cases, test plan, test cases and requirement traceability matrix.
- Experience in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) techniques like Use Case diagrams & Process Flow diagrams.
- Experience in working with financial, commercial banking, healthcare and government solutions industries.
- Experience in Business Intelligence Solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart, ETL, OLAP and OLTP
- Expertise in facilitating and coordinating Joint Application Development (JAD), Joint Application Requirement sessions (JAR) with exceptional inter-personal and conflict resolving skills.
- Strong experience in product backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint demo.
- Exhibit strong analytical ability during Functional Testing, Regression Testing and UAT Testing.
- Experience in Risk Assessment, Business Rule Analysis/Gap Analysis.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with team, initiate action.
- Excellent team player to work in conjunction with testers (QA), developers and other team members in validation and testing of complex project scenarios and in the maintenance of quality standards of projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
CM/Requirement Tools: MS Visio, YED, HP ALM, Quality Center, SharePoint
Documentation: BRS, FRS, SRS, Use Case, Product Backlog, User StoryGAP Analysis, Test Plan, Test Scripts, RTM and Test Reports
Programming Language: JAVA, SQL
Database Development Tools: SQL Plus, SQL Developer
508 Compliance Testing Tools: JAWS, WAVE
Operating System: Windows and Unix Applications SharePoint, MS Office
SR. Consultant/ Business System Analyst
- Work proactively with a variety of stakeholders and cross-functional teams to ensure all requirements are understood, documented and met.
- Conduct Kickoff meetings with business owners, and technology stakeholders as part of the requirements gathering process.
- Conduct JAD sessions throughout the SDLC process to document product’s vision and resolve open issues.
- Interface with end-users, and technology stakeholders to obtain sign off on all requirement documents and change requests.
- Interact with Business Owners, SMEs, and management team to identify the scope of the project and to prepare a Business Requirement Document, Use Case, User Story, and Activity Diagrams to further develop Technical requirements and/or Functional Specifications.
- Transform business requirements into effective use cases for development team and QA.
- Use JIRA to maintain user story, identify task and sub-task for user story.
- Elicit, identify, and captured functional and non-functional requirements through systems and use case analysis.
- Ensure that all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Provide guidance to project managers, business owners, development team and subject matter experts to resolve the outstanding issue and action items are taken in the review meeting.
- Involved in Regression testing, System testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitate defect review meetings involving all stakeholders to review defects, identify severity, and set priorities as per client requirements, ensuring accuracy and conforming to deadlines.
- Participate in the development of training materials for new technology and organizing User Training.
- Coordinate the development, design and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: ALM, JAWS, WAVE, JIRA, Oracle, SQL server, J2EE, JAVA, SVN, MS Windows, SharePoint, Visio, 508 Compliance
Confidential, Tyson Corner, VA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Broke down business problems into actionable user stories for the development team
- Conducted analysis on existing legacy system to gather business, functional and non-functional requirements and constraints
- Prepared Business Requirement documents and communicated with client for a sign-off or changes to the document.
- Prepared Statement of Work (SOW) for the client to sign-off, followed up with clients and PM's if changes were required.
- Performed Gap Analysis of existing system to identify drawbacks, bottlenecks, and improvements.
- Created and verified user stories and use case specifications with activity and state diagrams.
- Supported software upgrades and installation of projects including: facilitation of meetings, task scheduling, status, issues, escalations and Change Management.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data from the database for Backend Testing.
- Involved proactively to communicate with development team regarding the status and potential impacts on the delivery date and/or expected quality of the tasks and/or the projects.
- Facilitated resolution and communication of cross-functional team on issues and decisions.
- Coordinated with end-users to schedule and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting. Also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Extensively performed Functional Testing and End-to-End Testing.
- Prepared Daily and Weekly status reports by summarizing activities on the project.
- Helped Clients in UAT to log any issues or help/guide in any testing efforts.
- Assisted QA to perform Maintenance testing for clients that needed changes in Production
Environment: Windows, MS Visio, Quality Center, JIRA, SQL PLUS, Oracle, SQL, .Net
Confidential, Washington, DC
Business Analyst Analyst/ UAT Tester
- Developed detailed functional and technical requirements from the high-level business requirements
- Involved in understanding of functionality and design of different applications based on the Requirement Specification Document.
- Investigated system bugs and Interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues and reporting the bugs to all concerned.
- Investigated requirements and interfaced with developers to resolve issues and reporting the issues to all concerned. Outstanding issues are documented and managed through Quality Center.
- Maintained Requirement Traceably Matrix (RTM) after developing and updating Test Cases
- Created, Maintained and Executed Manual Test Scripts in Quality Center.
- Worked extensively with SQL queries for database integrity and data validation.
- Used Quality Center as the test repository and used it for executing the test cases and scripts and logging & generated various reports and graphs for further analysis.
- Actively participated in Review meetings and walkthroughs and prepared the defect progress reports during defect meetings.
Environment: Quality Center, SQL Server, UNIX, Windows XP, MS Visio
Confidential, Richfield, MN
- Provided financial analyses to give leaders the information needed to make sound decisions.
- Analyzed Company’s financing needs and worked with management to raise capital.
- Compile data for accurate forecasting/budgeting while identifying cost savings opportunities.
- Performs financial review of all technology investment requests including total cost of ownership.
- Prepared presentation on Power Point and various contract documents on word and Excel.
- Grew bottom-line profitability in international markets and revenue cost analysis.
- Analyzed the impact of debt and equity financing on capital and ownership structures.
- Analyzed budgets compared budgeted costs to actual cost.
- Write and execute SQL query for data analysis.
Environment: Windows, SharePoint, MS Project, Oracle, SQL Plus