- Offering a proven track record of supporting and influencing positive outcomes in business units and companies as well as intuitive Conceptual, Logical, relational and Physical Data models. Enthusiastic learner and excellent problem - solver.
- Six years of professional experience in Data Modeling and Data Analysis as a Proficient in gathering business requirements and handling requirements management.
- Experienced in designing the Conceptual, Logical and Physical data modeling using ER win and ER Studio Data modeling tools.
- Good in System analysis, ER Dimensional Modeling, Database design and implementing RDBMS specific features.
- Experience in Developing Data Models For both OLTP/OLAP systems
- Exposure to Both Kimball and Bill Inmon Data Warehousing Approaches
- Experience in modeling OLTP and OLAP using tools like Erwin r9.7/9.1/r8/r7.1/7.2, Sybase Power designer 12.1 and E-R Studio.
- Having Good Experience with Normalization (1NF, 2NF and 3NF) and De-normalization techniques for improved database performance in OLTP, OLAP, Data Warehouse and Data Mart environments.
- Experience in Working Dimensional Data modeling, Star Schema/Snowflake schema, Fact & Dimensions Tables.
- Experience in building reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal Reports
- Experience in performing Reverse Engineering of Physical Data Models from data, SQL scripts.
- Worked extensively on Forward Engineering processes. Created DDL scripts for implementing Data Modeling changes. Created ERWIN reports in HTML, RTF, PDF format depending upon the requirement
- Experience in Creating Partitions, Indexes, Indexed views to improve the performance, reduce contention and increase the availability of data.
- Expert in writing SQL queries and optimizing the queries in Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 .
- Extensive experience in development of Oracle PL/SQL Scripts, Stored Procedures and Triggers for business logic implementation.
- Experienced in designing the Data Mart and creation of Cubes.
- Experience in Data transformation, Data Mapping from source to target database schemas, Data Cleansing procedures
- Performed extensive data profiling and analysis for detecting and correcting inaccurate data from the databases and to track data quality.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and query optimization techniques in transactional and Data Warehouse Environments.
- Generated Data Models for Information Governance CatLog (IGC).
- Experience in using SSIS in solving complex business problems.
- Significant Exposure to Talend Etl Tool.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin r9.1/9.5, 9.7, Erwin r8.2, Erwin r7.1/7.2, ERwin r7, Embarcadero ER/Studio, Oracle Designer, Sybase Power Designer.
OLAP Tools: Microsoft Analysis Services, Business Objects and Crystal Reports 9.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Base SAS, HTML, CSS, XML, C, C++, UNIX and Python scripting(basic)
Database Tools: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012/2017 MySql, Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, DB2, MS Access 2000 and Teradata V2R6.1.
Packages: Microsoft office Suite, Microsoft Project 2010, SAP and Microsoft Visio.
ETL Tools: Informatica 7.1/6.2, Data Junction, Ab-Initio, Data Stage, SSIS.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Participated in JAD session with business users, sponsors and subject matter experts to understand the business requirement document.
- Translated business requirements into detailed, production-level technical specifications, new features, and created conceptual modelling.
- Done the data profiling and identified the gaps by doing gap analysis. created Logical and Physical Data Models for central model consolidation.
- Worked with DBAs to create a best fit physical data model from the logical data model.
- Redefined many attributes and relationships in the reverse engineered model and cleansed unwanted tables/columns as part of data analysis responsibilities.
- Involved in Logical and Physical Designs and transforms logical models into physical implementations.
- Created 3NF business area data modeling with de-normalized physical implementation data and information requirements analysis using Erwin tool.
- Used forward engineering to create a Physical Data Model with DDL that best suits the requirements from the Logical Data Model.
- Involved in extensive Data Analysis on Teradata, and Oracle Systems Querying and Writing in SQL and Toad.
- Involved using ETL tool Informatica to populate the database, data transformation from the old database to the new database using Oracle and SQL Server.
- Involved in the creation, maintenance of Data Warehouse and repositories containing Metadata.
- Developed Star and Snowflake schemas based dimensional model to develop the data warehouse.
- Involved in the critical design review of the finalized database model.
- Involved in the study of the business logic and understanding the physical system and the terms and condition for database.
- Used Reverse Engineering to connect to existing database and developed process methodology for the Reverse Engineering phase of the project.
- Generated Data Models for Information Governance CatLog (IGC).
- Created documentation and test cases, worked with users for new module enhancements and testing.
- Designed and Developed Oracle Database Tables, Views, Indexes with proper privileges and Maintained and updated the database by deleting and removing old data.
- Performed Unit Testing and tuned for better performance.
Environment: ERWIN r9.5/9.1, Oracle 11g, Toad, Crystal reports 9, SQL Server 2012/2014, Teradata, DB2.
Confidential, Bridge Water, New Jersey
- Working with business users to know the business requirements.
- Analyzing database requirements in detail with the project stakeholders by conducting Joint Requirements Development sessions
- Developing a Conceptual model using Erwin based on requirements analysis
- Developing normalized Logical and Physical database models to design OLTP system for insurance applications
- Creating Dimensional model for the reporting system by identifying required dimensions and facts using Erwin r9.7
- Involve in extensive data analysis on Teradata, and Oracle Systems Querying and Writing in SQL and Toad.
- Designing different type of STAR schemas like detailed data marts and Plan data marts, Monthly Summary data marts, Inventory data marts using Erwin
- Designing and implement data warehouse tables and data marts for consumption by report and ETL developers
- Using Forward engineering to create a Physical Data Model with DDL that best suits the requirements from the Logical Data Model
- Working with Database Administrators, Business Analysts and Content Developers to conduct design reviews and validate the developed models
- Identifying, formulating and documenting detailed business rules and Use Cases based on requirements analysis
- Facilitating development, testing and maintenance of quality guidelines and procedures along with necessary documentation
- Responsible for defining the naming standards for data warehouse
- Generating ad-hoc SQL queries using joins, database connections and transformation rules to fetch data from legacy DB2 and SQL Server database systems
- Exhaustively collected business and technical metadata and maintained naming standards
- Using Erwin for Reverse engineering to connect to existing database and ODS to create graphical representation in the form of Entity Relationships and elicit more information
- Using Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager and Repository Manager to create source and target definition, design mappings, create repositories and establish users, groups and their privileges
- Using Model Mart of Erwin for effective model management of sharing, dividing and reusing model information and design for productivity improvement
- Extracted data from the databases (Oracle and SQL Server, DB2, FLAT FILES ) using Informatica to load it into a single data warehouse repository.
- Facilitated in developing testing procedures, test cases and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2014, ORACLE 11g, Toad, Erwin 9.2, Informatica 7.1.3, Microsoft Visual Studio.
Data Modeler/ Data Analyst
- Conducted major stakeholder interviews involving SME’s, Business Analysts and other stakeholders to determine the requirements.
- Translated the Business requirements into workable functional and non-functional requirements at detailed production level using Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Modeling.
- Identified and compiled common business terms for the new health care system that become central part of communication among project stakeholders to avoid ambiguity
- Worked at Conceptual/Logical/Physica l data model level using Erwin according to requirements.
- Involved in exhaustive documentation for technical phase of the project and training materials for all data management functions
- Used Reverse Engineering approach to redefine entities, relationships and attributes in the data model as per new specifications in Erwin after analyzing the database systems currently in use
- Enforced referential integrity in the OLTP data model for consistent relationship between tables and efficient database design
- Developed the required data warehouse model using Star schema for the generalized model
- Used Forward engineering approach for designing and creating databases for OLAP Model
- Conducted Design walk through sessions with Business Intelligence team to ensure that reporting requirements are met for the business
- Developed Data Mapping, Data Governance, Transformation and Cleansing rules for the Master Data Management Architecture involving OLTPand OLAP
- Collaborated with ETL, BI and DBA teams to analyze and provide solutions to data issues and other challenges while implementing the OLAP model.
- Developed and maintained data dictionary to create metadata reports for technical and business purpose.
- Created action plans to track identified open issues and action items related to the project
- Prepared analytical and status reports and updated the project plan as required
Environment: SQL Server 2014, DB2, ORACLE, Toad for Oracle 9.1 Expert, Erwin Data Modeler 8.0, MS Visio