- A strong and consistent history of aligning information strategy to business strategy, capabilities and capacity and leading and motivating people and projects to successful, high value/high impact outcomes.
- Combining business acumen with technical savvy as a thought leader, innovating and implementing highly integrated, scalable global information strategy and architecture, business intelligence, e - Commerce, cloud platforms using proven and emerging technologies driving top line and bottom line impacts in banking, financial, real estate, health, insurance, utilities, energy and safety.
- Create technology stack that maximizes value and reduces investment/cost.
- Engage with client senior executives to identify opportunities for strategic and tactical improvements.
- Build practice, develop strong client relationships, sell, manage and deliver professional services in an engagement, portfolio or individual initiatives for enterprise, cross-functional and global business units.
- Assembled highly motivated professionals in skilled teams.
- Responsible for establishing, driving and socializing strategic vision.
- Manage teams quickly delivering high impact solutions that have improve business opportunities and drive out costs.
- Develop and mentor individuals, matching skill sets and personality traits with assignments to achieve the best possible results.
- Identify and resolve goal conflicts within the project team and organization.
- Develop investment justification for engagements and deliverables.
- Monitor the work with appropriate indicators in ways that identify and correct problems early and consistently deliver excellent results.
- Clear communication with clients on engagement success.
- Skilled negotiator with a track record of driving agreements to win-win.
- Assess current organizational capabilities, those required for of goals and strategy and identify gaps in each of the enterprise architecture disciplines: business architecture, application architecture, security architecture, information architecture and technology architecture.
- Alignment and transformation of people, process and technology solutions to remediate or establish identified foundational and operating capabilities.
- Drive out and map requirements to capabilities and create roadmap to achieve a fully functioning future state organization and supporting technology stack.
- In steady-state scenarios, perform technology portfolio analysis to identify redundancy and gaps and rationalize assets.
- Maximize flexibility, stability, consistency, operational effectiveness and governance.
- Develop appropriates models to support and verify understanding.
- Identify business strategy, develop requirements and align the data, technology, process and people capabilities to allow business to achieve the strategic goals.
- Provide thought leadership around emerging technologies, including machine learning, optimization, data mining, analytics, quantitative analysis, etc., for all levels of audiences.
- Design Master Data Management, Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence/Analytics, Data Virtualization and Big Data architecture.
- Perform tooling profiling and selection.
- Achieve business transformations included business performance management, complex risk and financial analytics and quality review systems, sales reporting, health care quality, inventory management, and other disciplines.
- Create management around metadata and lineage to verify end-to-end consistency.
- Optimize existing architecture to harmonize current assets, improve operational effectiveness, availability and maximize consumability.
- Introduced Agile Scrum to data management teams on several projects.
- Create data governance and sustainability capabilities.
- Manage portfolio of Information Technology projects of varying sizes in strategic solutions with enterprise, data, security and enterprise architecture; data warehouse, business intelligence, analytics and process management.
- Use PMI standards and Agile Scrum and hybrid methodologies to deliver business value quickly, manage resources, track and mitigate risks and issues and drive schedules to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Use human skills in resolving issues, facilitating reaching consensus, defining “done” and obtaining acceptance of deliverables.
- Effective at explaining complex technical concepts in terms appropriate to the audience.
- Develop the business case, cost/benefit valuation, hard and soft value proposition, proof of concept and presentations at all levels of organization through the C-Suite.
- Define a technology strategy roadmap that enable clients with information-based decision making to identify and prioritize to achieve board level business strategy.
Confidential, Rolling Meadows, IL
VP, Head of Information Architecture and Management
- Create new Information Architecture practice
- Develop sustainable enterprise information strategy and roadmap to align data capabilities to business strategy as defined by board and officers.
- Focus on identifying or supporting business opportunities to increase top-line results through improved client satisfaction and revenue-enhanced services, and bottom-line results by putting information architecture that both improves our time-to-market and decreases our costs.
- Network with business and technology senior leadership to plan for future data needs and develop roadmaps.
- Create information management capabilities for data governance, standards, modeling, model management.
- Establish architectural principles to communicate expectations regarding designs and decisions.
- Maintain continuous assessment of technology and industry innovations to identify opportunities for GB’s information architecture direction and development.
- Optimize the time-to-market, risks, costs, strategic/tactical (and associated technology debt) solutions.
- Roll out program using an agile approach.
- Build out information architecture team, oversee development teams.
- Create data-driven culture, promoting the importance of data, security, and privacy as well as the business value of data; usage of HIPAA principles and practices.
- Design modern data architecture strategy for implementing enterprise data hub in consort with API architecture; use AWS EMR with Hadoop/Spark and S3 to implement Big Data capabilities for advanced analytics, information integration.
- Establish Advanced Analytics Council with GB and AJG (parent company) to share best practices, architecture, and promote and support data science as a competitive weapon and internal improvement.
- Create an Enterprise Architecture modeling capability and implement tools for infrastructure, data (conceptual, logical, and physical), data movement, business requirements, and objects, with end-user portal.
- Define metadata management solution for end-to-end view of sources, transformations, target stores, and uses, with lineage diagrams, glossary, end-user portal, business rules, et al; develop procedures and governance.
- Build enterprise data model for business alignment.
- Create a Master Data Management strategy and roadmap for policy and party domains; modeled schema and interfaces.
- Data asset catalog of applications and data in/outbound transfers.
- Provide architectural oversight for Business Intelligence/Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Create a Carrier Technology Partner Program to engage clients’ senior IT leadership with our own in order to better service our carrier practice clients and, where possible, enable architecture which supports long-term goal for our clients and ourselves.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Technology Strategy lead
- Developed new Technology Strategy Office creating sustainable technology strategy and operational processes to align IT capabilities and capacities to 10-year business strategy defined by bank board and officers.
- Created virtuous cycle where business drives technology to improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies of bank resources while innovation and new technologies adoption enables business mission and develops new business opportunities.
- Model based on various industry and OCC and FFIEC regulatory, COBIT, ITIL and other resources
- Developed Current State Model, lead sessions with line-of-business executives to identify misalignment of business goals with technology capabilities and capacities.
- Developed Integrated Capability Model based on BIAN Service Landscape and IBM Universal Banking Model
- Created Readiness Assessment framework.
- Created roadmap of actionable initiatives to achieve short, medium and long term plans with classification of investment, effort, business impact, alignment to strategic programs, contribution to value stream, etc., in order to maximize investment choices; operationalize roadmap for ongoing change management, impact assessment, etc. Optimize portfolio management.
- Aligned line-of-business and horizontal enterprise technology strategies.
- Oversaw tactical planning and execution to achieve stop gap requirements while planning and executing strategic initiatives.
- Developed statements of work for large initiatives.
- Presented to Executive Technology Committee (includes CEO, COO, CFO and CIO) on bank technology strategy development plan, build and execution.
- Designed technology strategy governance to provide transparency, measures (KPIs), strategic oversight and prioritization to assure fact-based decision making, change management, relationship management, regulatory compliance, and maximize return on investment. Developed Balanced Scorecards to manage TSO.
- Designed Information Platform strategy to integrate all operational and master data on multiple vendor and enterprise platforms to create an analytics platform using integration hub, virtualization, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), private cloud Big Data technologies. Platform enables operational analytics, cross marketing, fraud detection, etc.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
Enterprise Information Architect
- Safety engineers to mine and leverage historical customer product test results stored in various means of unstructured documents in Infosys Big Data Hub to unlock and maximize reuse in customer product and component library and analytics.
- Customers to realize new value streams from predictive analytics for product failure, supply chain disruption, early indicator test predictors.
- Discover relationships, business logic and rules, data quality and cleansing rules.
- Collaborated with business transformation team to design architecture platform for engineers to evaluate and certify customer products, manufacturing facilities and process, and supply chains:
- Read in industry standards documents from IEC, ISO and proprietary UL standards, stage in Hadoop cluster, then load into an ontology in Neo4j graph database and Jena TDB database for customer product data.
- Designed a method to capture engineers’ evaluation processes and work with subject matter experts to develop process maps and standards interpretation maps.
- Designed a tiered architecture to use Jena TDB and Fuseki product data and Neo4j standards interpretation to generate and drive user interface navigation to use engineers’ answers to questions from the standards interpretation to traverse to test results and compare to standards thresholds. Each answer drives the process along the logic path to reach an outcome.
- In accomplishing this goal, the company succeeds in improving turnaround, customer collaboration and satisfaction while increasing employee.
- Defined data API requirements and JSON structures.
- Profiled source data, define cleansing rules and metadata information.
- Lead off-shore development team for construction of service oriented architecture solution.
- Developed strategy for Big Data Hub and Oracle Master Data Management using architectures, models, patterns and industry best practices.
- Develop conceptual and logical models, ontology and taxonomy for product management in Big Data Hub and MDM. Created a data dictionary/business glossary to standardize terminology.
- Defined architectural principles to define differentiation of usage for Big Data, Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
- Identified information capability gaps, define and align Information Architecture with other Enterprise Architecture disciplines, i.e. Integration Architecture, Application Architecture and Technical Architecture, and the management and governance.
- Developed Roadmap to achieve architecture goals.
- Prepared and presented communications briefings for executives and stakeholders.
Confidential, Lombard, IL
Enterprise Information Architect
- Developed information strategy and vision for aligning corporate business strategy for global enterprise with strategic and line-of-business applications, master data management (MDM), data integration, data virtualization, metadata management, data quality and profiling, data modeling and data governance. Working closely with CIO, define IT strategy, gap analysis, roadmap, business case development and investment decisions and support frequent mergers and acquisition.
- For business-side Data Governance Organization
- Create taxonomy around property, organize and develop processes to collect business metadata from business units, industry and public sources and to create business glossary;
- Create Informatica Metadata Manager/Business Glossary, standardize and map business terms, metrics, related terms, synonyms, data quality rules, constituencies and data stewards/owners in metadata repository with end-to-end lineage diagrams.
- Profile source systems for validity of data and write cleansing and transformation rules for MDM system and various data warehouses and marts.
- Created enterprise conceptual data model and line-of-business logical models. Vet business and technical requirements with business and technical stakeholders. Reverse engineer application databases. Manage tool implementation of ERwin and Mart Server and rolled out to all regions. Develop modeling expertise and mentor modelers.
- Designed model and implement Master Data Management hub for property, client, service domains. Perform data profiling to expose relationships, data quality, misused/repurposed/mistyped columns, etc. Create source to target mappings and specifications for ETL development, web services to synchronize participating partner applications as well as data marts and data warehouse.
- Designed architecture for MDM and Data Integration hub synchronizing major line-of-business and enterprise applications enabling and optimizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Property and Markets with multiple global mission critical applications.
- Defined business and technical requirements, design Proof of Concept for evaluating vendor products, evaluation criteria and scoring and select data integration and information management tool-set.
- Designed and built Kimball style, fact/dimensional star-schema near-real-time data warehouse model based on specifications from operational source system owners, master data (CRM/client, property, market) and Cognos developers. Create source to target mappings and specifications for ETL development. Use Change-Data-Capture and Data Integration Hub to keep up operational data stores and marts. Support Cognos Business Intelligence development for global, regional and client-level reporting.
- Use Informatica Velocity methodology to identify and implement best practices for data integration architecture. Create naming and usage standards for data practices.
- Used TOGAF process to guide data architecture deliverables.
- Formed business-side Data Governance Organization, organize and develop processes to collect business metadata from business units, industry and public sources to create business glossary on Informatica Metadata Manager/Business Glossary. Led teams to map business terms, metrics, related terms, synonyms, data quality rules, constituencies and data stewards/owners in metadata repository with end-to-end lineage diagrams. Develop workflow for business term definitions. Developed organization design for Data Governance team.
Confidential, Naperville, IL
- Created transformational Enterprise Data Management program, staffed with a council of senior executives and operational team members.
- Used IBM Data Governance Maturity Model to establish baseline and measure against goals, create a culture of data management and good stewardship; use DAMA DMBOK as for best practices.
- Developed an Enterprise Data Strategy working with company leadership.
- Created metadata management program with business and technical definitions, data lineage, life cycle, identify authoritative (golden) source, owner, etc., using Scrum Agile techniques. Design taxonomy for pipeline domain.
- Implemented Informatica Business Glossary for metadata using ontology based on business requirements.
- Established data quality program, profiling metrics, trend monitoring and defect tracking/management; create data security program granting user access and role-based model to provide proper access with respect to privacy and regulatory requirements. Use Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Data Explorer tool to automate data profiling and validation.
- Defined and prioritize business needs and requirements for Enterprise Data Warehouse for pipeline and terminal assets, safety and operations and maintenance.
- Established sustainable data architecture current state, future state and roadmap to define and prioritize key projects for solution realization and results.
- Created data warehouse governance for financial, operational and derived data elements.
- Used industry standard PODS (Pipeline Open Data Standards) and application enabling use of geospatial data.
- Created single source, conformed semantic data model based on business intelligence and analytics needs using Embarcadero ER/Studio.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Worked with line of business executives to define business strategies and objectives to enable development of a data strategy to enable regulatory and operational management and analytics requirements.
- Created and implemented an Enterprise Data Governance program, staff it with a council of senior executives and operational team.
- Used the IBM Data Governance Maturity Model to establish baseline and measure against goals, create a culture of data management and good stewardship.
- Defined Enterprise Data Strategy.
- Created gap analysis for Basel II compliance for required data and data management functions.
- Created metadata management capabilities business and technical definition, data lineage, identify authoritative (golden) source, owner, etc., using Scrum Agile techniques.
- Implemented Informatica Business Glossary for metadata.
- Established data quality program, profiling metrics, trend monitoring and defect tracking/management. Create data security program granting user access and role-based model to provide proper access with respect to privacy and Graham Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) regulations. Created process, procedure and staff program including management metrics.
- Profiled source system data for consumability in Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Defined and prioritized business needs and requirements for EDW for credit risk and Basel II RWA.
- Used COBIT compliance framework for auditability, security, risk management and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC).
- Developed Master Data Management approach using a federated model, create proof-of-concept.
- Lead business and EDW team to put data governance around financial, operational and derived data elements.
- Created conformed semantic data model based on risk architecture and business intelligence and analytics needs based on Teradata Financial Services Logical Data Model (FSLDM) using ERwin.
- Consulted with Operational Risk Management on Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool and data warehouse integration.
- Consulted on dual grading (LGD and PD) and RAROC tool as foundations for IRB-A.
- Environment consists of Teradata platform with Informatica tools for data integration.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Developed Business Architecture strategy, service offerings and product management for:
- Enterprise business architecture development
- Portfolio management and roadmap development
- Business process modeling and management
- Requirements definition and assessment
- Business rules definition
- Developed consulting strategy including:
- Business and IT road mapping
- Integration capability assessments and architecture
- Data Warehouse design and development capabilities
- Business Intelligence and analytics platform assessments and development
- Agile method implementation, coaching and leadership
- Enterprise Architecture
- Assess and/or design current state and future state architectural assessments
- Develop roadmaps to move from current state to desired future state
- Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse architecture and enablement
- Enterprise architect mentoring
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Data architecture
- Create agile techniques for data architecture
- STA Group recruiting screening and evaluation
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Enterprise Information Architect
- Created blueprints for Quote and Rating, Claims and auto-adjudication/auto-pay domains application refreshes.
- Used MEGA enterprise architecture modeling tool to capture data architecture and relate to systems.
- Used IBM InfoSphere Data Architect (IDA), ClearCase and ERwin to create conceptual and logical models.
- Performed semantic, conceptual, logical modeling.
- Used architectures such as Universal Data Model (UDM, Silverston), insurance industry model.
- Designed new enterprise data architecture using mastered domains and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) access, replacing individual applications databases with reducing/eliminating redundant, non-synchronized data.
- Developed data model for informatics program.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Data Architecture Team Lead
- Enabled enterprise Data Model management for entity-relational diagrams for transactional systems as well and star schema models for data warehouses using Embarcadero ER/Studio
- Define logical model standards
- Define physical model standards
- Define data warehouse model standards using Kimball and hybrid star schema approach
- Delivered course to select Data Warehouse team members, Agile for Data Professionals to improve, evangelize Agile to data teams.
- Member of Data Sector Technical Architecture Governance working committee determining policy and process of data architecture and governance.
- Partnered with Information Quality, create data quality maturity model, self-assessment diagnostic and road map to improve maturity level area-by-area.
- Enablement and governance of Business Intelligence Architecture (BIRA).
- Developed data governance policy using DAMA’s Data Management Book of Knowledge (DAMA-DMBOK).
- Assessed data migration project for company’s largest IT initiative:
- Data migration platform architecture
- Data integrity assurance plan
- Data movement approach
- Data quality and cleansing approach
- Verification and validation
- Developed continuous migration plan that significantly reduces risk and assures timely, accurate conversion
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Identified business and technical direction and requirements from strategic and operational management and knowledge workers.
- Developed proof-of-concept business and technical solutions and present findings using Informatica tools.
- Analyzed needs for Change-Data Capture in Real Time or batch application integration.
- Provided “best practice” business process management advisement for data integration
- Identified Integration Competency Centers (Center of Excellence) with the appropriate business model.