- Senior executive and IT leader. Tested leadership and a proven record of delivering mission enhancing and cost cutting processes and solutions through the innovation application of technology.
- Experienced and successful in dynamic, global, enterprise scale environments.
- Aligned priorities, led change, and delivered world - class solutions with an entrepreneurial spirit in consensus based organizations.
- Transformed information security.Modernized security operations Cybersecurity risk management
- Agile and DevSec Ops Program management
- Structured cost reduction Managed vendors and contractors
- Restructuring change agent Data center modernization
- Implemented intelligent automation Enabled disaster recovery
Confidential, Washington, DC
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Cybersecurity and Risk Management. Fully accountable for information security, cybersecurity, IT risk and compliance, identity and access management, business continuity, and disaster recovery. Optimizing and integrated tools, procedures and contracts for Security Operations Centers (SOC) across the department increasing cross functionality and collaboration among all Component SOCs.
- Operational Culture. Led reset. Identified critical services with impact to operations and cost. Saved $12.5 million. Modernized, re-architected, and implemented geographic and vendor diversity to ensure highest level of network reliability. Improved customer service across the board. Recognized force behind transformation.
- Operational ITIL. Initiated and led process improvements aligning and integrating IT into the overall Confidential business culture. Refocused hiring approach and training to improve staff technical acumen and to reduce critical incidents by over 90%.
- Performance Optimization. Provided unified, interoperable, operational, and technical support platforms and services for financial services and HR functionality. Delivered collaboration and situational awareness capabilities to other departments, state, local and territorial governments to support national events and unplanned incidents.
- Change Agent. Driving multi, hybrid cloud strategy with 171 of 628 total systems using or adopting the cloud. Streamlined authority to operate procedures. Instantiating CDO and RPA/ML/AI intelligent automation strategy for Confidential to improve business processes.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Acting Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Principal Deputy
- Cybersecurity and Risk Management. Led effort to secure navigation and timing programs supported by GPS. Implemented and mandated use of secret and top secret mobile devices for top leadership. Drove cyber hygiene transitioning networks to modern operating systems and 100 percent two-factor authentication.
- Program Delivery. Successfully oversaw award of $1+ billion contract for continuity of government communications ensuring cost, schedule, and scope expectations. Negotiated licensing deals for office productivity and database software.
- Mission Results. Resolved data sharing and associated encryption issues to facilitate a $2.4 billion foreign military sale to an Asian nation. Provided excutive leadership ensuring secure and reliable nuclear command, control and communications.
- International Leadership. Represented U.S. interests on IT and communications at NATO’s Consultation, Command and Control Board (C3B) and with Five Eye and international partners in Europe, Middle East, and Asia. Keynote speaker at numerous international events and forums.
Deputy Assistant Secretary
- Program Management. Developed acqusition strategy and implementation of a contract award for an 800 thousand user global network saving 16 percent or $250 million annually and an afloat network saving 17 percent or $80 million annually.
- Operations and Cybersecurity. Spearheaded data center consolidation and modernization effort saving $650 million over 5 years. Resolved software and hardware issues for next generation narrowband tactical satellite system. Settled international siting issues for a satellite ground station. Developed approach to secure afloat mission systems and globally dispersed network. Deployed 24,000 modern smart devices.
- Process Improvement. Led business system change management and lifecycle modernization. Implemented a hybrid approach for an enterprise financial system resulting in 20 percent cost savings and improved financial system auditablity.
- Talent Management. Led development of IT acquisition curriculum.
Chief Information Officer
- Assumed additional duties of CIO for the Department of Confidential .
- Advised the Secretary of Confidential and other department executives on matters relating to information technology, cybersecurity, and talent management of IT professionals across the Department of Confidential .