- Proficient experience in Management and all phases of Project Management which include researching and data collection, creating project plans and managing the critical timeline of the project’s progress. Skilled in the creation of prototypes and developing products to completion and final release, utilizing usability testing and testing scenarios.
- Ability to excel in software and systems development based on comprehensive work experience in the education, manufacturing and telecommunications arenas.
- Possess excellent communication skills with all levels of management and the interface with other departments.
- Proven business acumen with leadership in ensuring profitability, meeting all deadlines and maintaining positive client and vendor relationships.
- Project Management
- Software Development
- Instructional Technology Systems Development
- Software Management
- Higher Education Administration
- Product Development
- Quality Assurance
- Testing Methodologies
- Client Relationships
- Business Planning
- Quality Assurance
Operating Systems / Software: Oracle eBusiness Suite, SAP, Infor Distribution SX.e (ERP), Voice over IP (VoIP) system, Demand Planning(DP) system, Banner Student Information system, Blackboard, Moodle, Sierra Library Management Systems, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system, Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system, Document Management Systems, Correspondence Management System, Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) system, Enterprise Management System Methodology and Content Management system
- Oversaw and developed key informational, management and learning systems to meet the needs and demands of the community college in regards to hardware infrastructure and applications. Created, designed and implemented an enhanced informational and instructional technology services department featuring up - dated facilities and systems for optimum learning.
- Ensured the community college was utilizing state-of-the-art technological programs and structures while managing all IT accounts, contracts, sites, staff knowledge and operations.
- Provided organizational leadership by serving as committee chairman for multiple committees and creating a work environment that promoted effective inter-departmental communication, operations efficiency and consistent business success and profitability.
- Oversaw quality control of the department’s learning programs and the effectiveness of the Helpdesk’s service. Interfaced with college executives to devise and develop academic goals, plans and policies in alignment with the community college’s strategic plans and objectives. Set standards for all computer, communications and data processing systems to achieve the community college’s standards and goals.Selected, retained and developed qualified IT staff to maintain community college’s high academic standards. Develop and strengthen department’s staff through best-practice policies, regular communications, advisements and performance reviews in accordance with the community college’s instructor criteria.
Director, College Educational Technology Services
- Develop and administer an instructional technology department and curriculum to teach faculty practical IT skills, methods and techniques with a staff committed to the students’ educational development in accordance to the standards of the Confidential and Confidential .
- Honored to be a founding member of the Confidential .
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Analyzed company’s business needs and recommended technical solutions to make the operation efficient, multi-functional, and profitable with platforms for planning, forecasting, purchasing and distribution.
- Communicated sales and performance data on a daily, monthly and annual basis.
- Created a disaster recovery and business continuity plan with online and offsite backup.
- Implemented, procured and upgraded critical and valuable operational systems to improve the IT infrastructure.
Confidential, Houston, TX
IT Project Manager-PMO
- Oversaw all facets and components of technology projects from creation and planning through completion of thorough development and testing for a successful implementation.
- Accountable on all matters of each project concerning planning, analysis, status reporting, timelines and potential challenges with the ability to answer questions, to provide definitions and to resolve any issues.
- Devised testing strategies and composed all cases and test scripts to ensure that each software application and system was fit for the purposes of the company.
- Analyzed and evaluated IT infrastructure and processes on an on-going basis in order to make sound recommendations for control and improvements.
- Delivered a full time curriculum for the College of Business at the Confidential
- Delivered courses included MIS, Systems Analysis and Design, Data Communications, Data Base Design, C++ along with lower level information technology courses
- Worked with faculty and staff on integrating appropriate technology in the teaching and learning process, and promoted student centered learning