- Over 7 years of IT experience in Business Intelligence (BI) project development using MicroStrategy product suite including developer, web, mobile, administrator, object manager, enterprise manager, integrity manager, command manager and operations manager, Building reports and dashboards in MicroStrategy.
- Expertise in building projects and creating reports using MicroStrategy product suites including MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Web, and MicroStrategy Intelligence Server.
- Full life cycle implementation encompassing Business requirements definition, Data analysis, Data Warehousing, Logical and Physical Data Modeling, Reporting, validations.
- Adequate knowledge of fundamental Data warehousing concepts such as dimensional modeling, star and snow flake schemas, modeling data marts.
- Proficient in creating Schema Objects such as Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies and Transformations.
- Extensive experience in creation of public Objects Namely Metrics, Filters, Prompts, Custom Groups, Consolidations, Drill Maps, Search Objects, Reports and Documents .
- Very strong in MicroStrategy connectivity with various databases such as Oracle, Teradata, MS Access, SQL Server.
- Worked on different Performance Tuning methods like Caching , Aggregate Tables, Partition Mapping, VLDB settings and creating Indexes on tables.
- Experience in MicroStrategy schema & application layer, report analysis & report services (dynamic dashboards) design, development, implementation, migration and testing.
- Hands on Experience in Creating Documents from multiple Datasets like Map Application Diagram, Grid and Graph.
- Expertise in creating Subscriptions, Triggering Schedules & Events to ensure secure distribution of reports and documents to business users using Distribution Services .
- Expertise in MicroStrategy Reporting techniques such as Interactive Dashboards and Visualization techniques.
- Worked extensively on VLDB Properties for performance tuning.
- Worked on all phases of the data warehouse development Lifecycle, from gathering requirements to design, development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Experience in using tools such as Oracle reports 8i, Oracle BI publisher according to the client applications
- Experienced on Intelligent Cube Development , Custom widget, visualization development and implementation
- Proven ability to work independently and as a part of a team with an ability to deliver within short deadlines.
- Have strong Technical and Non - Technical communication skills, including verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C Language
BI Reporting Tools: MicroStrategy 10.3, v9.4.1, v9.3.1, v9.2.1, v9.1.0, v9.0.2, v8.1.1 (MicroStrategy Administrator, Desktop, Intelligence Server, Web, Narrowcast Server, OLAP Services, Architect, Distribution Services, Office), Narrowcast Server, Tableau,Business Objects
Relational Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS Access, SQL Server 2000/2003/2005/2008/2012
Operations Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows 7/8.1/XP/2000/2003 Server
Office tools: Web Sphere, MS Office(Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) Microsoft outlook
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Involved in creation of schema objects Attributes, facts, hierarchies and transformations for development of application objects on of it.
- Created hierarchies’ metrics, advanced metrics (level metrics, non-aggregate metrics, transformation metrics and conditional metrics).
- Created filters, prompts (Object prompt, Value prompt, Level prompt, filter definition prompt) for creation of MicroStrategy reports.
- Optimized query performance by updating VLDB (very large database) properties and by modifying cache behavior.
- Used Explain plans to analyze the Queries generated by MicroStrategy to identify the areas for Performance improvement and worked with the DBA teams in finding solution and used freeform SQL for writing queries.
- Involved in trouble shooting report results
- Involved in monitor the statistics about objects, reports and user sessions by using Enterprise Manager.
- Used MicroStrategy Web to offer interactive reporting to the end users through a web browser
- Involved in upgrading Micro strategy v 8.0.2 to Micro strategy v 9.0.1.
- Created Services using Subscription sets, Schedules, Information objects.
- Unit tested the reports developed by the other developers
- Worked on Dynamic Dashboard documents for Field marketing people with multiple panel stacks, selectors and customized widgets.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.0.1/8.1.2, Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy SDK, Administration, Enterprise Manager, MS SQL Server 2000,T-SQL, Access 2000, Teradata, Linux
- Generated and implemented MicroStrategy reports by creating projects, Custom Groups, Cubes, attributes, hierarchies, metrics, filters, and templates.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy prompt, filter, template,consolidationand custom group objects in an enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Designed Prompts and Filters to generate reports in grid and graph mode.
- Auto prompt filter feature gave end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Assisted in developing logical models, building hierarchies, attributes and facts, extracting tables from warehouse.
- Managed projects through entire systems development life cycle, including creating timely and thorough status reports and leading status meetings. knowledge of MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Web and MicroStrategy Administrator reporting basicsusing MicroStrategy Desktop and MicroStrategy Web.
- Assisted Business System Analysts in user training and creation of accurate documentation.
- Upgraded MicroStrategy Metadata 9.0.0 to 9.0.2 and 9.2.1 of all the environments.
- Designed Templates and Filters to generate reports in grid and graph mode. Auto prompt filter feature gave end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Used Transformations for comparative reports like claims this year to last year (year to date and month to date).
- Proactively created report formats and delivered personalized messages from the BI platform through distribution services.
Environment: MicroStrategy Desktop 9.4/9.2.1/9.0.2/9.0.0, MicroStrategy Object Manager, Tableau, MicroStrategy Command Manager, MicroStrategy SDK, MicroStrategy Mobile, SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 10g, Netezza. Windows XP
Confidential, St.Louis, MO
- Performed customer requirements gathering, requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, end User Acceptance, Presentations of BI Project.
- As a team of two people , myself played a dual role for the project as a Business Analyst and a BI Developer
- Created specifications and use cases as required to satisfy the needs of the client
- Worked in collaboration with my project team member to analyze and evaluate current business processes, suggest improvements and participate in design of new systems or modifications of existing systems.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy Prompts, Filters, Templates, Consolidations, and Custom groups in an enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Created Interactive and Dynamic Dashboards in Flash modes for Business Users using Widgets, Panels, Panel Stacks, Selector Controls , etc., and trained Business User to best utilize the advanced features in MicroStrategy for Dashboards.
- Created Documents in Grid and Graph mode by using MicroStrategy Report services .
- Involved in design of dashboard work-flow and look-n-feel based on the requirements for invoicing needs and Business Analysis with many features like drill down capabilities
- Work with the Backend team to create a view necessary for Reports.
- Participate in meeting with business users to understand the requirements.
- Applied My Preferences to make changes at Project Level and Desktop Preferences to make changes for all Projects of Desktop.
- Designed Dashboards in summarizing key business indicators by presenting them in visually intuitive, easy-to-read, interactive documents using the new selectors like radio buttons, check boxes, panels, slider, button bar etc.
- Designed and developed Dynamic Dashboards using various selectors and widgets
- Involved in duplicating the projects and configuring with new database instance. Created many small projects by setting up metadata layer and configuring the MicroStrategy Intelligence server
- Extensively worked with MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Web and MicroStrategy Administrator
- Designed Freeform SQL reports by directly querying against the data warehouse
- Created Complex filters, prompts, and metrics with advanced qualifications involving Apply Simple & Apply Comparison functions. Created smart metrics with custom subtotals
- Created MicroStrategy logical views wherever required as per reporting needs. Created user Hierarchies for Drill Maps
- Created Database tables and logical views required for MicroStrategy reporting needs .
- Responsible for Unit Testing of the reports
- Involved in migrating the objects from DEV to UAT/Prod using the Object Manager .
- Involved in Software upgrade of MicroStrategy platform.
- Created interactive dashboards.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10. 3(Administrator, Desktop, Web, Distribution Services, Object Manager, Narrowcast Server), Teradata SQL Assistant, Windows7, Visual Insight, MS Office, MS Visio JIRA software.
- Involved in collecting the business requirements and documenting the specifications.
- Played an important role in coordination with the entire team and managing the time estimates for the entire project.
- Created Schema objects using the Business Objects designer.
- Developed MicroStrategy Schema objects and Application objects like Metrics, Filters, Prompts, Consolidations, Custom Groups and Project objects like Subtotals
- Developed Reports enabling Data Drilling across multiple Dimensions using MicroStrategy Desktop and MicroStrategy Web.
- Worked on delivering reports and business intelligence solutions on the web using MicroStrategy Server.
- Extensively used report services for creating Different Dashboards summary level documents with grids & graph combinations.
- Created facts, dimensions, and attributes using MicroStrategy Architect.
- Created metrics, filters, and templates for the reports.
- Designed Dashboards using radio buttons, check boxes, panels, slider and button bar etc. summarizing key business indicators by presenting them in visually intuitive, easy-to-read, interactive documents.
- Designed MicroStrategy Schema objects and Application objects using MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Created advanced grid reports, consisting of data analysis by combining a template with filters. The end-users were able to generate ad-hoc report by drilling up, down, within and across dimension or anywhere.
- Created complex filters with advanced qualification involving 'ApplySimple' and 'ApplyComparison' functions.
- Created several base formulas (mathematical expressions) using existing facts in MicroStrategy that can be re-used to build any number of metrics. \
- Involved in data validation, analysis, testing and debugging.
- Developed Attribute filter prompts to give end users a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Worked extensively on creating and making use Application Objects like Metrics and Compound metrics, Custom Groups and Consolidations for complex reports.
- Performance Optimization was done to existing reports and report response time was brought down remarkably.
- Involved in migration of projects from Dev to UAT and UAT to PROD
Environment : BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0, Oracle 12.6, MicroStrategy 10.3, Windows7, Visual Insight, Rally.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Responsible for Interacting with the users to collect the business requirements and analyzed the needs of the end users.
- Architected the Project Schema from scratch and designed the entire schema layer such as Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies and Transformations etc.
- Developed simple metrics, compound metrics, used transformations and dimensionality in metrics using MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Generated ad-hoc grid reports by enabling the user to drill up, down, within, and across hierarchies.
- Used MicroStrategy OLAP Services such as View Filter, Dynamic Aggregation, Derived Metrics, Derived Elements and Intelligent Cubes to generate ad-hoc reports and complex reports.
- Created Complex Filters such as Relationship Filters, Dynamic Filters, Embedded Filters, Custom Expression Filters and Joint Element List Filters.
- Experience in creating and using Filter prompts, Hierarchy prompts, Object prompts, Value prompts and usage of prompts in filters.
- Created multilayered dashboards using various controls such as panels, panel selectors, widgets and grids using multiple datasets in MicroStrategy web.
- Worked on Intelligent cubes and sourced the datasets to dashboards.
- Used panels, panel stacks, sections, grids, graphs and widgets for dashboards.
- Configured Mobile Server for reports and Visual Insights Analysis delivery for iPad.
- Improved and Optimized user reporting experience by providing pre built reports and dashboards that monitor MicroStrategy related activity using Enterprise Manager.
- Created a Baseline and compared reports from one project to baseline using Integrity Manager to uncover discrepancies in the result sets.
- Experience in invalidating, deleting and purging Report Caches.
- Transferred User privileges, Security filters and Schedules among different user groups with the help of User Merge Wizard.
- Experience in creating time triggered and event triggered schedules, administrative tasks and events.
- Worked with Business users in user acceptance testing.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.2.1/9.0.2 (Desktop, Command Manager, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, Distribution Services, OLAP Services, Configuration Wizard, Integrity Manager, User Merge Wizard), Oracle 11g.