- Designed and implemented a scaled agile program encompassing 30 scrum teams and approximately 350 individuals across the organization (business and technology) implementing a replacement of Ally’s core dealer financial services platform including a highly - configured COTS application, over 300 interfaces, an extensive internally developed application, upgraded data warehouse, and content management system.
- Provided program management to all teams ensuring transparency and collaboration across all team and business stakeholders to enable the delivery of complete business processes
- Developed and delivered team, process, and executive level program reporting
- Coached and mentored teams on agile practices
- Developed and managed both IT and Business Audit programs
- Lead the organization's transformation to an agile approach to technology project delivery. Established processes, methodology, and best practices for the organization as they adopted and scaled a Scrum-based agile project delivery framework. Trained mentored, and guided individuals and teams from all levels and competencies in the organization.
- Provided an agile delivery methodology that meets all of the organization’s policies, standards, and regulatory requirements while still staying true to agile principles and values
- Developed a full training curriculum for Scrum Masters, Product Owners, developers, QA Analysts, and all other roles participating on the Scrum team, and their partners within the organization. Provided training for over 1000 individuals, mostly in-depth, hands-on workshops. Developed and delivered executive-level training.
- Fostered organizational change and worked closely with the domain teams representing development, architecture, quality assurance, infrastructure, and sustain to ensure proper support of agile projects
- Coached all new agile teams. Supporting more than 25 projects across the enterprise
- Regularly work with all areas of the organization to implement new processes and methodology improvements that provide a holistic view of technology delivery processes for all members of the project delivery community
Financial Services, Agile Transformation, Agile Coach, Scaled Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Organizational Change, IT Management, PMO, Software Development Methodologies, Training
Software/Tools: JIRA, VersionOne, Confluence, MS Project, MS Office, Visio, Salesforce, Unified Communications, BoldChat, five9, TEAMS, TeamSite, Confidential, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
Methodology/Process: Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, Waterfall, Hudson, V-Model, SDP
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Directed a program of Agile projects that lead to the launch of an interactive Health Insurance Member Portal serving more than one million members. Work included integration to more than a dozen back end systems and data sources as well as extensive integrations to external systems via SSO.
- Provide Agile Transformation Leadership to the client as this was one of their first Agile projects
- Lead a team of nearly 20 architects, developers, project managers, and analysts through the completion, launch, and post launch support of the portal
- Managed interactions with the client both at the senior management level as well as day to day collaboration and leadership of the client project team
- Provided business development and organizational development support in an effort to transform a single client in the Detroit metropolitan area into a viable, locally based office.
Director of Enterprise Technology
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Directed a department consisting of four teams: Systems and Network Engineering, Application Development and Application Management, Data Analysis and Warehousing, and IT Help Desk. Responsibilities included meeting the technology needs of all internal departments/employees as well providing support for all production systems.
- Recruited all team members from job posting through resume review, interviews, offer negotiation and onboarding. Built the department from two resources to more than 15 in one year.
- Coached team managers on process improvements, methodologies and management skills
- Established a format for setting SMART goals for team members and reporting on accomplishments of both position related and professional development goals.
- Conducted annual reviews for all employees.
- Introduced data analysis function to the organization that has now grown to a full data warehousing team.
- The organization now uses data from this team to aid in all decisions.
- Developed an Audit Program to meet all audit requirements.
- Executed required system changes.
- Defined and implemented key controls to meet IT Audit requirements.
- Conducted audit tests resulting in positive reviews.
Program and Vendor Manager
- Completed mission critical programs including internal cross-departmental teams, third party software and vendor resources to meet the technology needs of the organization leveraging Scrum, Lean and Kanban methodologies.
- Implemented a new Unified Communications system for our 24x7 call center including a cloud based phone system, chat, email, workforce management and integrations to a CRM/ticketing system and Salesforce.com
- Reviewed and negotiated technical requirements and SLA's on all contracts
- Prepared Request for Proposal/Request for Quote and select valid vendors to participate. Developed vendor acceptance criteria, evaluated vendor responses and assisted the business stakeholders in the selection of appropriate vendors
IT and Operations Manager
- Developed issue escalation and communications procedures for the company and led issue resolution for all production incidents
- Revised IT ordering processes and standardized workstation builds and retirement schedule to reduce the time it takes to procure and image workstations and reduce support and procurement costs
- Introduced techniques and tools to allow the remote management of workstations reducing staffing needs
- Optimized productivity of the Help Desk achieving a 98% satisfaction level with only one engineer per 100 users
- Planned, coordinated and executed several infrastructure projects using an agile methodology including the technology infrastructure build out and move of 300 employees to the new corporate headquarters
- Complete wired and wireless network acquisition, build out, and testing using Cisco hardware
- Building access control system implementation and configuration
- Set-up and testing of workstations and post-move support. Achieved zero downtime for all users
Director of Technology
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Provided program, client, and administrative management for a 35 member application development team consisting of scrum masters, business analysts, Java developers/architects, and QA analysts both on-shore and off-shore.
- Implemented the first-to-market, leading cross-selling engine for health insurance and ancillary products
- Managed a department responsible for developing custom functionality and providing application support for Confidential products that are provided to users as Software as a Service
- Product Owner for an integrated suite of product lines including a Multi-Carrier Quote Engine, Electronic Applications and a custom designed Client Relationship Management system.
- Recruited and hired 20 project managers, business analysts, developers and quality assurance analysts in one year reducing on-boarding time from four weeks to five days.
- Developed goals for employees and provided quarterly reviews, and developed mentoring and recognition programs for outstanding individuals across the department.
Process Engineering and Agile Project Manager
- Analyzed the organizational structure and needs of a 50 member Technology department and implemented a methodology and processes to allow for maximum productivity and appropriate levels of project documentation across all business units.
- Selected and implemented Scrum and Kanban methodologies while incorporating many Extreme Programming techniques and led the agile transformation for the organization.
- Created an agile Project Management Office and educated the organization (technical and business users) on new processes, tools, standards and procedures related to application development and support
- Evaluated online agile project management tools and implemented JIRA with Confidential
- Worked with cross-departmental teams to determine product strategy and acted as the product owner for enhancements over several years.
- Developed and managed the first successful professional services project at Norvax involving all product lines.
- Worked closely with the client to determine needs and prepare the SOW for an 11,000 hour program
- Actively participated in consulting contract and service level agreement (SLA) creation and negotiations.
- Provided overall program management from inception through on-time, on-budget delivery despite an extremely compressed timeline
- Responsible for a 100% increase in professional services revenue year-over year for three years
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Senior Software Implementation Project Manager responsible for implementation of the Confidential suite of Digital Asset Management, Online Proofing and Workflow Management tools. Projects included customized implementations.
- Managed a vertical market team consisting of business analysts, customer relationship managers and technical support staff focusing on our retail pre-press and packaging clients. Provided subject matter expertise in all areas of digital asset management, project management methodologies and developing global teams.
- Actively participated in the restructuring of project management processes and methodologies to meet the standards of our pharmaceutical clients and to improve project management processes overall.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
- Developed the supplier response for the migration to secure FTP for 11 Global Purchasing applications at Confidential .
- Executed initiation through close project activities and worked with the Confidential client to negotiate scope, timeline and estimates using GAD QMS and SDP-21 methodologies.
- Schedule Management subject matter expert providing oversight and support for project schedule development for several large Credit Services projects.
- Evaluated the viability of existing project schedules, provided guidance for improvements and developed recommendations for the unification of several complex application development project schedules
- Established schedule metrics, change control processes and status reporting standards
Vice-President, Project Management
Confidential, Warren, MI
- Managed all digital advertising media development for Confidential including online media and web site development that included up to 20 concurrent projects of various levels of complexity.
- Provided technical direction to Alltel for their web content management and portal unification projects.
- Supervised and mentored a team of ten internal resources. Procured and managed multiple teams of freelance resources
- Prepared and presented Statements of Work and Project Proposals
- Implemented risk management strategies and mitigated risks and oversaw quality assurance planning and execution