- Seasoned Business/Systems/Data Analyst Consultant with over 13+ years in the IT industry with a well - rounded resume in Business Analysis, Object oriented programming & Infrastructural domain knowledge and is a unique package of Outstanding Communication skills and core technical expertise besides paying attention to detail to each of the Client’s very needs.
- Experienced in all phases of the SDLC including analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment as well as software engineering methods like Waterfall Method, and Agile.
- In Depth understanding of the Banking, Finance, Mortgage & Health Industries.
- Have worked in critical Application Support Environments.
- Analyzed and communicated stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into software requirements.
- Created various documents to aid the management decision process like ITPP (Information Technology Procurement Plan), FSR (Feasibility Study report), RFP (Requirement for Proposal).
- Expertise in Business Modeling using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect/Rational Rose and proficient in creating Wireframes/Mock-up Screens.
- Expertise in Requirements Gathering through direct user interviews and workshops.
- Facilitating JAD sessions with business users and development team to drive out detailed business requirements.
- Exceptional Documentation Skills for writing Use Cases and Functional Requirement Documents as well as for creating Use Case diagrams and Activity diagrams based on UML Methodology and business process flow diagrams using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect/IBM DOORS.
- Defining Test Cases, creating Test Scripts, interacting with QA / Dev teams.
- Helped in formulating the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- Well versed with executing LINUX and UNIX environments.
- Played the role of a mentor for a team of 5 Jr. BA’s.
- Well versed with RDBMS like MS Access, MS-SQL Server, Oracle and Teradata and good knowledge on ETL.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns & OOAD.
- Implemented Web Services with ASP.NET and ADO.NET and User Interface design with Visual Studio.
SOA Integration Systems Analyst
Confidential, Hanover, MD
- Been a part of the SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) team enforcing best practices for services (REST and SOAP).
- Been a part of the TID team involved in data mapping of old SQL DB and moving it to the new ODM DB.
- Worked on the enterprise data extensively and analyzed complex data.
- Have been a part of the Integration team gathering requirements in order to provide Enterprise level Services across the company.
- Understanding the business of the client and gaining as much knowledge as possible from non-documented sources such as people interaction/interviews/group discussions and documenting it.
- Worked in a 100% agile environment and very closely with Product Owners and Scrum masters and users on a daily basis.
- Have been a part of the design sessions prior to development and worked closely with the Enterprise/Solution Architects.
- Been a part of the Sprint Planning Sessions, Backlog Grooming Sessions and Retrospective and Scrum of scrums.
- Handled responsibilities on behalf of the Scrum master/Product Owner as and when needed.
- Have initiated analysis during the ingestion of large data sources like ‘geonames’ data in order to build foundation of geo related services.
- Have worked in a SALESFORCE/Java Environment and gathered requirements for REST Services.
- Have extensive knowledge on SOAP, REST (GET, POST, PUT and DELETE) methods.
- Worked largely using XML and JSON.
- Analyzed and written requirements not just to address a specific problem but keep the services as generic as possible so they can handle future foreseeable requests from the users already.
- Involved in converting existing applications over to Salesforce and older version of services to newer versions while supporting older versions.
- Extensively used JIRA and CONFLUENCE to gather and document Integration requirements in order to develop and maintain services.
- Used sequence Diagrams to describe flows and several other UML diagrams as and when needed.
- Working with the TIBCO developers to get them very specific requirements and provided complex queries involving multiple joins, CIS Views for their specific operations.
- Have extensive knowledge in APIGEE and used it to wrap services to provide better level of authentication/Authorization and monitoring capabilities there by increasing security.
- Fine-tuned SQL statements and delivered the SQL statements as part of my deliverables to the developers.
- Tested the services using tools like Ready API/Postman.
- Assisting developers/testers throughout the sprint and clearing road blocks ensuring successful sprint completions and ensuring the sprint velocity and burn down charts look ideal as much as possible.
- Had to wear multiple hats and learn new skills as part of being cross functional.
Environment: JIRA,CONFLUENCE,ReadyAPI,Postman,Tibco,APIGEE,XML,JSON,VMware,SourceTree,TFS,Oracle,Toad,SharePoint,Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Java, SOA etc.
Sr Requirements Analyst
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Have worked in the Confidential team within Confidential in the Mortgage Loan Servicing division and helped in requirements gathering for the Confidential side of the mortgage loan servicing side of the application.
- Understood the existing process and all the impacts of the upstream and downstream systems.
- Gathered the business requirements from the end users and converted high-level business requirements into technical requirements for the Dev teams.
- Have analyzed the Re-performing Loans Attributes and have worked together with the business and the developers closely to come up with discussion on how the current process works and do the impact analysis.
- Have done the context diagrams and worked with several UML Diagrams.
- Have interacted in several JAD Sessions providing feedback and have gathered requirements.
- Have used DOORS extensively to document several documents for the team.
- Have created several Interface Documents, Scope documents etc. and have conducted several internal Review Sessions before final stakeholder review sessions.
- Have analyzed how the Screens, Exports and Reports are impacted by new attributes that are coming in as a part of the new Release.
- Have understood the existing process by going through existing documents and talking to the business and the development teams and conducting Interviews, questionnaires, user observation, brainstorming, user stories etc.
- Have involved several technology teams in-group sessions as and when necessary.
- Doing GAP Analysis and working on tight deadlines to deliver quality requirements for all the scope items and worked in challenging environments.
Environment: BMC Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM DOORS, Clearcase, ClearQuest, SharePoint, Business Process Management (BPM), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel etc.
Sr Business/ Operations Support Analyst
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Worked in one of the most crucial, high visibility environments and working to resolve issues in a high stress work environment.
- Performing risk/gap analysis and providing both short- and long-term mitigation strategies.
- Worked as a SME in resolving some issues related to certain CR deployments.
- Gathered business requirements and translated them to team specific technical requirements from various teams about migration from one environment to the others.
- Providing incident management, including troubleshooting active incidents, delegating tasks, gathering and analyzing data to make informed action plans and worked on Root Cause Analysis.
- Was responsible for leading activities in the project. Duties include maintaining overall command and control, incident management, initial triage of events, categorization and prioritization, directing troubleshooting activities, technical and executive escalations, problem management, supporting change control, and mentoring of the operations team members.
- Served as one of the Project Lead and of the Marketplace Systems along with gathering new requirements for new entities. Was responsible for monitoring systems supporting (FFE) / (FFM) / (EIDM) / (DSH) and several other supporting systems.
- Knowledgeable to identify and classify incidents based on the frequency of occurrence and impact.
- Worked on integrating several environments and doing Data mappings across different platforms.
- Was responsible for providing key leadership with status updates and maintaining them as appropriate.
- Help feed and generate reporting (Trend analysis etc.) by populating key metrics and submitting the Reports to the white house for WHITE HOUSE CTO.
- Have checked and performed overnight tests during downtime with maintainers and have ensured DNS failover happens successfully by monitoring the network traffic.
- Used New Relic extensively to look at all the marketplace activity and drill down into transaction level and ensure the behavior and latency is not affecting the market place.
- Used Tivoli systems to monitor server health.
- Used Splunk extensively to query and drill down into prod systems.
- Worked with SSA, IRS, Experian and coordinated working with the states and many government services across the United States.
- Involved in the Change Coordinate meetings to ensure successfully delivery of scheduled tasks.
Environment: BMC Remedy, HP BSM, Tivoli, New Relic, Gomez, MixPanel, OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager), Data Service Hub, CALT, MFT, Netcool, CyberArk, Akamai Luna Control center, DNS, GovDelivery, Chartbeat, PUTTY, Splunk, JIRA, DOORS, WinSCP, SharePoint, Linux, Java, Oracle, VMware, Apache, ITIL, Microsoft Office etc.
Sr Business System Analyst/ Incident Manager
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Worked in a team to build and maintain the processes for an enterprise CMDB for Confidential .
- This includes working with various infrastructure teams to maintain their configuration items and working with the development teams to maintain the relationships between their applications and their infrastructure.
- Helped in building automation which helps provide the various areas of the Service Management team with knowledge more efficiently, which in turn will allow Service Management to provide better services to the other organizations.
- Helped in quarterly s of all the 650+ applications, which involved creating work orders, change requests, incident tickets as needed and monitor them and close them accordingly.
- Converted Business Requirements to Technical requirements from JAD sessions.
- Handled JIL Review Requests and process the WO’s submitted and updated them in Clear case and Clear quest by automatically checking out and checking in stuff using Perl Scripts.
- Using WINSCP to move changes from impl environment to production.
- Use PUTTY to run various reports on a daily basis on demand to check the system health and performance and fix errors accordingly to have a smooth workflow of all the systems.
- Create scheduled jobs that run issue free and report the results to the appropriate groups and answer and educate them and answer all their queries.
- Singled handedly managed a separate mail box and ensured the Problem Reports in Production were run several times a day and resolve the issues to keep the production data as latest as possible.
- Have worked in UNIX environment at Confidential .
- Work in a fast paced environment dealing with different personalities and groups and educate few of them to get all the necessary answers to a process flow for root cause analysis.
- Started working on the team where the documentation was not structured and the process flow diagrams were not in place so worked on detailed Visio diagrams to have a clear work flow of the whole process flow and have it approved so the team had the exact picture of the actual flow and demonstrate how and where change needs to be brought in.
Environment: BMC Remedy, Clear case, Clear Quest, PUTTY, ITIL, WinSCP, SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel etc.
Sr Business Analyst
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Involved with the STC team in analyzing the Confidential CRs and maintainer CRs from Infoman and echimp.
- Good working knowledge on how to analyze and write test cases for each change request and identify the risks and issues associated with it in the Fiscal Intermediary Standard System (FISS).
- Worked with Common working File (CWF) team and submitted claims with CWF Benes and have knowledge of reading the CWF trailers.
- Daily routine includes being actively on call with the Confidential and the maintainers to discuss active issues about the CR’s and the showstoppers and working affectively to get answers in time to be on schedule to avoid last minute chaos.
- Good knowledge on how to write test cases for each change request in detail and identify the risks and nail the problem behind the origin of each CR.
- Work with the maintainer and report all the possible defects and open QCNs and work with them to track and resolve them.
- Worked with EDI claims and 834/ /277 CA/276 requests and responses.
- Worked with the provider 835’s and checking to ensure there are no Out of balances and the valid out of balances be reported.
- Can easily and comfortably browse through the whole FISS mainframe screens and look for all the jobs run and the reports and read all the EDI and understand them.
- Very good knowledge about PRO 32 and build claims with situational loops and required loops for both FISS (Part A) and MCS (Part B).
- Expertise in EDIFECS SpecBuilder to modify claims and add situational loops to do negative and positive testing.
- Well versed with transferring raw data files across TSOG and submitting them to respective modules.
- Very knowledgeable on looking at requests/responses for 999 and 277CA and TA1 responses.
- Doing daily status calls and discussing on pending items on list and to do tasks for the day and notifying completed tasks.
Environment: Quality Center, HIPAA, EDI, 837 I, 837 P, Pro 32,e chimp, Infoman, EDIFECS SpecBuilder, 3270, Mainframes, Microsoft Excel etc.
Web Operations Analyst
Confidential, Park Ridge, NJ
- Worked with different business users at Confidential to help the team from the Requirements standpoint for Rent2buy and eventually was involved in gathering Business and Functional Requirements.
- Used Google Ad words and several other tools to help the SEO Team in Confidential improvise their functionality.
- Maintained and monitored project progress and status through MS Project.
- Created Use-Cases and Business Use-Case Model after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Created requirements analysis and design phase Artifacts.
- Undergone various phases like analysis, design, functional and technical specification, coding,testing and document preparation.
- Extensively used IBM DOORS to document all the business documents and have conducted several rounds of reviews within the project and then in the program level.
- Cost/Benefit Analysis of the impact of the overall project
- Acted as a liaison between the business and the Dev Team.
- Have used several monitoring tools like Gomez etc. to know the impact of the site in all locales.
Environment: Microsoft Office, IBM DOORS, MS Project, SharePoint, Google Analytics, Customized Web Monitoring Tools like New Relic etc.
Healthcare Business Analyst
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Worked with different business users to develop Vision Document and Business Requirement Specifications and gathered Business and Functional Requirements.
- Modules assigned consisted of HR based Operational Reporting and Analytical Reporting, Driver's License, Driver's Improvement and Dealers module.
- Extensive interaction with offshore team to get work done.
- Documented the AS-IS Business Workflow adhering to UML standards.
- Facilitated JAD Sessions for gathering requirements from SME’s.
- Extensively used Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, ClearQuest and ClearCase.
- Played the role of a mentor for a team of 3 Jr. BA’s.
- Used Rational ClearCase and Rational ClearQuest for Source code management & bug tracking respectively. Created highly integrated modules using the SOA architecture.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential Business Processes, Business Rules, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Identified Use cases from the Functional Requirements and wrote Use Case Specifications and created “TO-BE Business Process Workflow” diagrams (Activity diagrams) in MS VISIO.
- Maintained a Traceability Matrix to ensure that all Functional Requirements are addressed at the Use Case Level as well as the Test Case Level.
- Performed Functional & GUI testing to ensure that the user acceptance criteria are met.
- Co-coordinated the UAT with the SME’s to make sure that all the Business Requirements are addressed in the application.
Environment: VS.NET 2005 (TFS), VB.NET, EDI, ADO.NET, XML, DevExpress, SQL Server.
Sr Programmer Analyst
Confidential, Simi Valley, CA
- Design & Develop UI, Business and Data Access Layers for the Loan Modification Type System.
- Using AJAX technology across the pages, thus reducing the number of round trips to the server per page and improved user experience.
- Creating Web Services on top of Data Access Layer, Deploying & Calling them from Business Layer of the Application.
- Creating Stored Procedures, writing queries for SQL Server.
- Involved in Database design, creating tables and defining relationship between tables.
- Integrated multiple web applications in to a Portal structured website. Portal provides various functionalities like Authentication, Authorization, Navigation and Themes etc.
- Worked closely with the Client and gathered requirements from the Business Analyst and Business Users.
- Interacted with all levels of Teams including Business Managers, Technology Delivery Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Change Manager, Project Managers and Team Members.
- Created Use-Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Involved in all phases of Testing including Unit/Component, System Integration and User Acceptance Testing, Analyzing and fixing the bugs.
- Involved in Production Support and helped resolve issues.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Interacted with business analysts to resolve functional issues and technical implementation considerations.
- Interacted with offshore team to discuss the application flow and technical discussion.
- Written stored Procedures and User defined functions using SQL Server 2005.
- Designed and developed advertising engine using C#. NET.
- Extensively worked on SQL Cache dependency to improve the performance of the application.
- Extensively worked on Master Pages and created Web User Controls for Code reusability.
- Created XML documents consisting of Advertising data using C#. NET to feed Advertising Engine.
- Written JQuery Scripting, JSON, and executed from C# server side code.
- Supported maintenance of application and interacted with team members.
- Extensively used Enterprise Libraries for exception handling.
- Used Visual TFS version control to maintain versions and safe code.
Environment: .Net Frame work 3.5, ASP.Net 3.5, C#, ADO.NET, Java Script, JSON, JQuery, XML, XSL, XSLT, CSS, Web Services, SQL Server 2005, TFS.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Involved in understanding the “As-Is” business process and the rules Event Management System. Created models of "As-Is" and "To-Be" business processes and associated narratives.
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to release multiple iterations of the deliverable over the span of the project lifecycle.
- Gathered business requirements in order to describe the business needs in terms of the main deliverables or products that are created.
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts, Program Managers, Developers, and participated in JAD sessions.
- Involved in discussions with Business Users and Subject Matter Experts to come up with the Requirements Prioritization. Eliminated false and redundant requirements by screening out multiple versions of user input.
- Breakup and analysis of the financial impact of module addition.
- Conducted Use Case Walkthroughs with the development team to make them familiarized with the Use Cases.
- Managed requirements and use cases with the help of Enterprise Architect.
- Created requirements analysis and design phase artifacts using Rational RequisitePro, Rational Rose and to create Use cases.
- Involved in creating Test Cases and conducting Test Case Walk Troughs’ with the QA Team. Used SQL queries to analyze the database.
- Prepare time and cost estimates for completing the required enhancements.