- Engaged by organizations and senior leaders to provide operations and management consultation and support in healthcare, technology, operations, and software development environments. Trusted to lead organization’s high priority initiatives, at - risk/ RED projects, and concerns that require transparency, timely escalation management, and solution oriented reporting.
- The need for professional candor, early identification of risks w/ mitigation planning in mind, as well as the ability to lead in the most challenging and contentious environments is why I’m valued as a team member, operator, and leader.
- Successful merger & acquisition, divestiture, and integration/ change management program, rollout, and execution leader.
- Accomplished leader of management teams, financial turnarounds, multi-million dollar operations improvement initiatives and multi-million dollar IT projects
- Successfully helped companies with their strategic planning, PMO development, and the implementation of technology to meet business objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle (SDLC), system integration, component- and system-level software testing, network design, information and network security, and strategic planning.
- Highly experienced in collaborating among executives while leading, planning, and monitoring complex multidisciplinary, divisional and/ or cross divisional projects with high levels of accountability, financial risk and extensive change management requirements
- Innovator and proven operator with strong experience in all aspects of business, technology, finance, and operations.
Confidential, Kansas City, KS/ Atlanta, Ga
Senior Director of Professional Services and Customer Support
- Responsible for the PMO, IT Field Services, Customer Support, and Data Engineering verticals which involves directing a team of 22 Project Managers, Implementation Consultants, Client Support Agents, and other operational resources.
- Responsible for all customer facing billable activity as well as internal non-billable project work streams.
- Manages all special project/ program initiatives initiated by the CEO and President.
- Successful operations stabilization and turnaround through process development & governance.
- Implemented a project intake/ demand management system to improve project throughput, visibility, and to ensure projects are fully vetted and scoped prior to hand-off to delivery team.
- Developed the organization’s Project Change Control Board and other steering committee structures to improve visibility and management of complex decisions and organizational initiatives.
- Implemented a system to improve capacity management resulting in appropriate/ just in time project resourcing resulting in on time project starts and no benched resources.
- Improved tracking of both billable and non-billable work efforts and of set goal of 75% billable utilization rate of all team members (excludes managers).
- Improved SOW accuracy and collaboration among Professional Services, Account Management, and Sales.
Confidential, Marietta, GA
Enterprise Consultant/ Senior Project Manager
- Responsible for managing the system’s operations improvement initiative focused on the rollout and adoption of Lean process methodology, improving operating margins, and capturing $150M of operational improvements over a 24-month period. Primary duties consist of reporting to the health system EVP, Operations while liaising among the system’s functional area VPs and SVPs to drive outcomes.
- Responsible for implementation of the system’s vendor neutral archive (VNA) and Enterprise imaging solution supporting 11 hospitals and 20 imaging centers.
- Responsible for operationalizing the system’s Vascular, Neuro Vascular, and QOD quality initiatives and registry programs.
- Retained to manage the IT Program component of WellStar’s $661M acquisition of Atlanta area Tenet hospitals and West Georgia Hospital.
- Led in the development of key EPMO templates, processes, and .
- Program management oversight of multiple project work streams and integration activities under the Technology Operations umbrella which consists of IT Applications involving the consolidation and/or decommissioning of 900+ applications; IT Infrastructure & IT Infrastructure BioMed involving assessment, remediation and consolidation of enterprise wide infrastructure; and Confidential Tech Enablement and divestiture strategy involving contract consolidation and operational changes to absorb newly acquired IT infrastructure.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
- Emergency Department Information System optimization project.
- Conducted chart audits to identify charting deficiencies resulting in collaborative efforts with hospital and ER leadership to create action plans for immediate remediation.
- Identified workflow deficiencies and areas of opportunity for additional revenue.
- Improved quality, patient safety, and compliance through accurate and complete charting.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of Epic’s Tapestry system and the retirement of Kaiser’s legacy claim system, this deployment and related activities impacts all Kaiser Northern California claims processing end users and external customers nationwide.
- Manages a team of 11 application engineers while partnering with Home Health/ Hospice, Outside Medical Services (OMS), Community Based Adult Services (CBAS), Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) lines of business, managing a $1.2 million budget.
- Creates and manages integrated project plans, risks (RAID), resource forecasts, project reporting, financials, project scope, process change and adoption as well as escalations.
Confidential, Wichita, KS
Senior Consultant - Product Manager
- Offered the Director of Product Management position which I declined due to the required moved to the Wichita or Kansas City areas; remained as a contactor for 6 months to transition the new Director of Product Management
- Agile coach of 3 teams each with 4 developers, 2 QA engineers, and product owner developing and releasing Confidential ’s Patient Portal, Complete EHR and Practice Management software ICD-10 versions, and Confidential ’s Code Check software
- Provided recommendations to the Senior Team (CTO, CEO SVP of Ops) regarding software schedules, prioritization and resource allocation.
- Retained by new CTO to join his team for specific change and crisis management needs.
- Responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of rolling system upgrades for 91 provider practices in two months due to an aggressive compliance deadline, managed a team of 50 +.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Director of Delivery Services
- Led implementation teams in the successful deployment of HealthEdge’s Care Manager product
- Successfully managed all aspects of the project life cycle from discovery, project scope creation, sprint planning, project planning and full implementation
- Managed key customer relationships with C-Suite and Senior level executives and served as the “go to” person for all project escalations and change requests
- Led in the development of key project artifacts for fellow Scrum Masters
- Successful in building key relationships with customers to ensure an on-time delivery of purchased services
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Sr. Clinical Program Manager
- Responsible for the strategic management of multiple high-profile enterprise wide projects simultaneously through leading cross-functional teams in a cross-matrix environment.
- Manages technical project budgets, resources, and deliverables and responsible for project initiation, planning, execution, controlling, and closing.