- Currently open to Sr. Director or VP level positions in any company which can leverage on my experience to come up with robust and reliable products for our customers.
- I am able to act as a good interface between Top Management and Staff who when motivated can deliver world class products.
- I achieve this by clear communication Top - Down (driving down the company Vision and Mission) and Bottom-Up (understanding the day to day challenges experienced by staff and converting them in to tangible actions for top management).
- Director, Engineering with Confidential .
- Experience in R&D, Reliability, Manufacturing & Service
- 25 years Global experience in Asia, Europe and USA.
- Design for Six Sigma - Black Belt
- Agile Implementation.
- Product Design (Telecom, Medical Electronics, Engineering)
- Reliability Engineering
- Design Robustness, Design for Six Sigma
- Risk management processes and analysis
- Team leadership
- Staff development
- Budgeting and Planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Agile SCRUM Master & Product Owner
Director of Engineering
- Project, Functional & People Management
- Manage a staff of 40+ with Sr. Managers and Directors reporting to me
- Act as interface between R&D, Manufacturing, Service & Marketing
- Create status reports and present to President & CEO
- Commercial product support post launch
- Manage Run like a customer testing in R&D to reproduce & mitigate field issues
- Lead the Reliability program of a Multi-year, multi-site project
- Cost Center and Project Budgets
- Perform intense negotiations, collaborate and create win-win situations
Center of Excellence Lead
- Create a Center of Excellence for Confidential within Confidential healthcare.
- Earned Confidential Black Belt (Taguchi Methods for Robust Design)
- Cross trained people across various functions.
Service Innovation Lead
- Manage a multi-department team to improve Serviceability features.
- Identify service Innovation features such as condition based maintenance, automatic alignments, error recovery, service diagnostics etc
- Conducted intense inter-department negotiations to balance
- Serviceability against SPC, performance, reliability etc.
- Filed for patent on Serviceability features.
- Created a Knowledge Transfer Package to transfer product knowledge from R&D to Service organization
- Lead the Reliability program of a Multi-year, single-site project
- Manage a staff of 10+ with Engineers/supervisors reporting to me.
- Create a Reliability plan and strategy for Reliability Analysis (Allocation, FMEA, Root Cause Analysis)
- Execute Reliability Testing (Reliability Growth Testing, Accelerated Life Testing etc)
- Create status reports and present to Management.
Sr. Reliability & Test Engineer
- The project involved reliability testing of Mechanical/Optical design
- Created reports and presented to Management
- Studied the intricacies of the Subsystems.
- Wrote labview programs and the protocol document for the testing.
- Solved the teething problems of the Mechanical design .
- Performed Root Cause Analysis for failure modes
- Performed FMEA and Risk Assessment of design.
- Establishment of a quality system in the Manufacturing department
- Studied the Bellcore/Telecordia requirements
- Made Qualification / Testing procedures for Optical Products.
- Statistical Sampling Plan using MIL standard for incoming inspection.
- Wrote a MS Excel program for calculation of Production Yield.
- Temperature/Humidity v/s Insertion Loss for Polarization Controller.
- The project was to acquire Temperature & Humidity from an Environment al Confidential
- Measure Insertion Loss at various intervals for a Polarization Controller
- The project involved design, supply, installation and handing over a complete communication system to AP TRANSCO, (Transmission of Electric Power, Southern India)
- Made engineering drawings for Manufacturing & Testing.
- Bill of Materials using SAP & project documentation for customer
- Supervision of the manufacture & testing of the terminals.
- Software configuration and factory acceptance tests.
- Give a detailed training of the fiber optic system to the customers.
- The project involved design of an Engineering Order Wire.
- This is an emergency calling system.
- Analog and Digital circuit design
- PCB artwork and Electro-mechanical design
- Documentation for Manufacturing & Service
- Training to customers
Sr. Development Engineer
- Telecom and Tele-protection equipment design
- Wrote labview programs for automated testing of Multiplexer
- Test relation between Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) and Bit Error Ratio (BER) on a channel.
- Created context sensitive help
- Wrote users guide for Telecom product
- Provided training to customers