- Certified Senior BI professional with 11 years of experience involving complete development life cycle of Business understanding, requirement gathering, analyzing, designing, developing and delivering business intelligence solutions using a wide range of BI offerings, tools, methodologies, to convert large datasets into actionable insights.
- Partnered with stakeholders to understand and identify business problems and develop state - of-the-art solutions aligned with business objectives. Provided roadmaps, blue prints and plans to deliver solutions.
- Designed, developed, delivered BI solutions for various organizations. Effectively managed personnel, hired and mentored multiple individuals, created and lead teams to deliver high quality products for organizations.
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to understand business drivers and make sound recommendations, experience gained by working closely with business users in various countries and domains.
- Proficient with Tableau, IBM Cognos Analytics and other BI tools in creating informative analytics, data visualizations. Developed dashboards, stories, reports, stories using KPIs, scorecards, outliers, trend analysis, and the like, to help business understand the data easily.
- As BI SME, primary activities included designing insightful dashboards, coordinating with cross functional teams, delivering solutions adhering to BI industry best practices to provide Data driven Analytics.
- Proven track record of mastering new concepts, tools and technologies very quickly, as needed.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing and BI concepts.
- Very good communication skills gained by working with clients in various countries and domains.
- Capable of working in team as well as independently, result oriented.
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau 10.x/2018.1 (Desktop, Server, Prep, Reader), IBM Cognos Analytics 11x (Framework Manager, Report Studio, WSA, Event Studio, Cognos Connection), Noetix Views 6.x, Power BI, OBIEE, BSP Meta Manager, Motio PI v3, Alteryx
ETL: Informatica Power Center, SSIS, Oracle Data Integrator 11g, Oracle Warehouse Builder
Databases: IBM Netezza 7.2, T-SQL, MS Sql Server2005/2008, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, IBM DB2
Data Science: Python Programming
Big Data Tools: HUE, Impala, Hive
QA Tools: HP ALM (QC), IBM Rational Quality Manager
Methodologies: Oracle Application Implementation Methodology (AIM), 404 SOX compliance, Agile PM
Misc: Service-Now, Oracle Apps, Confluence, SharePoint, MS Visual Source Safe, Visio, ERwin
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- Interacted with users to understand business processes. Architected solutions, led BI Team, and was involved in entire project life cycle from requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment, to help business to maximize the value of available data through BI solutions.
- Experience in doing user interviews to understand existing business process and gather specifications.
- Proficient in engineering data analytics to identify patterns, analyze trends, identify campaign program effectiveness, enable out-reach programs, Geospatial analysis, Scorecards, KPIs, regular format reports etc.
- Designed, implemented end-to-end PCP Panel solution to reach out to Providers electronically, saving $2M/year.
- Created Analytics using options like quick filters, calculated fields, LODs, dynamic interaction, security, joins. Created Operational Dashboards to track information like understanding the status of Claims, Digital traffic etc
- Created various visualizations using Member, Claim data and hosted them on server for easy, secure user accessing.
- Experience in DLAP (Data Lake Analytics Platform) Reporting and BE to ME migration activities.
- Experience in Upgrading and deploying Cognos Content from 10.x to Analytics 11.
- Mentored business power users on Tableau, Cognos to enable self-service reporting capabilities.
- Owned, designed, delivered BI solutions. Involved in the entire project life cycle from requirement gathering, analysis, development, testing, production migration and end user support.
- Architected roadmap and strategy for BI Solutions from inception to deployment and leading team towards delivering solutions.
- Partnered with stakeholders to identify business problems and develop state-of-the-art solutions aligned with business objectives. Handled project related activities, leading BI team and managing vendors.
- Created technical specs, data flows, best practices, solution guideline strategies.
- Hands on experience with multiple BI tools on data engineering, developing dashboards/reports/extracts for various functional areas such as Finance, Sales, Operations, Inventory, Procurement.
- Worked on several interactive dashboards with Filtering, highlighting, ability to combine multiple data sources, fast creation by a business user, easy sharing with support for existing security using several visualization techniques.
- Worked on ad hoc reporting, user and assistance, troubleshooting, model upkeep activities.
- Created various Tableau sites on server for multiple analytical solutions, created workbooks, views, Dashboards, Datasources, Stories using LODs, Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics and table calculation, and more to provide understandable visualizations to business.
- Experience in creating, modifying and administering OBIEE Intelligence Dashboards, creating and managing reports using Answers. Experience in creating visualizations using Power BI Desktop.
- Proficient in performance tuning at various stages of BI solutions.
- Worked as Cognos administrator; handled user access, security and upgrading Cognos Content from Cognos 8.x to Cognos 10.x and 11.x, managing content schedules.
- Developed Dashboards, complex report layouts, Burst, KPIs, multi-page List, Chart, Crosstab reports using features like cascading, Master Detail, Conditional blocks, Drill Throughs, Filters, maps using IBM Cognos Analytics to meet business requirements.
- Defined best practices for BI solution delivery and documented practices.
- Well versed with Oracle Project management (AIM),ITIL process and Agile methodologies, SOX Compliance.
- Experience in creating SQL queries on Oracle, MS SQLServer, DB2, Teradata, IBM Netezza databases.
- Exposure to ETL process using ODI, Informatica, Oracle Warehouse Builder tools.
- Knowledge on Data Lake and Analytical Platform; worked on HUE, to query data from Impala for DLAP reporting.
- Knowledge on Data science programming with Python.
- Used MS VSS to maintain versions of Cognos code for modifications and documentation.
- Designed test cases and Involved in Functional/Unit Testing providing support to users in User Acceptance Testing phase. Provided production support adhering to stringent SLA’s.