Lead role as Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Data/Information/Content Architect and /or Enterprise IT Advisory/Consultant role.
- Certified Enterprise Architect (TOGAF) with over 20 years of enterprise architecture strategy, tactics, hands - on, planning, advisory and consulting experience in leading efforts to managing, designing, architecting, building, tuning and implementing mission critical systems for different line of businesses (Healthcare, Tel-communication, Medical, Banking/Financial, Insurance,, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Government).
- Chief Architect (Business, Data/Information, Applications and Infrastructure/Technology) with extensive experience in building high-available, high-performance, resilient, scalable/elastic, secured and complex suite of systems (on-premises and/or cloud based).
- Enterprise Data Architect and SME for building Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Hub, Data Modeling, Enterprise Information Modeling, Data Flow, Data Sharing, Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW), Data Analytics, Data Mining/Curation, Data Delivery, Data Integration/Capture/Transformation/Ingestion, Data Governance, Compliancy/Standards, MDM and overall Enterprise Data Management and DLC.
- Experienced in providing EA and Data strategies, roadmaps and gap analysis on current and target architecture states related to trends in technologies, business capabilities, process re-engineering and people enablement.
- Enterprise data architecture, system analysis, mobile, microservices, cloud computing technology leadership on both Azure and AWS. Strong business and technical management skills focused on increasing organizational efficiency as well as bringing products to market on time and on budget.
- Mentoring and coaching capabilities, Stakeholder and vendor management, excellent communicator with colleagues, customers and upper C-level management, propose architectural solutions and offer alternative of realistic design/deployment options.
- Proactively managing and leading efforts to enhance customer service by defining necessary tools and methodologies to continuously re-evaluate and improve end-user experience.
- Problem solving skills, proactive planner and analytical thinker.
- In-depth knowledge and application of engineering and scientific concepts.
- Understanding of business environment and confidently work/manage under stress.
- Client Satisfaction excellence, integrity, motivator (self and others) and leader.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written in both Arabic and English).
- Mentoring/Coaching skills and ability to lead motivate and direct a workgroup.
- Actively seeks customer input/feedback and take responsibility and ownership for customer situations, (internal and external customers).
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
Freelance Enterprise Architect/ Enterprise Data Architect Consultant
- Build Enterprise Data Architecture for various clients by evaluating, inventorying and reverse engineering current architecture state, identifying and scoping target architecture state and then provide a comprehensive roadmap between the two states with an agile delivery mechanism
- Direct efforts and architects related to Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Analytics, Enterprise Data Warehouses EDW and Data Science initiatives employing best-of-breed technological solutions on-premise, cloud, hybrid
- Design and establish Enterprise Information Data Models, Data Flow, Data Life Cycle and overall Data Managements best practices
- Drive all design and architecture roadmaps/strategies for data and application integration/migration to the cloud AWS and Azure
- Deploy Data Governance frameworks, MDM solutions and creating awareness/adherence to industry standards & regulations HIPAA, GDPR, PII, PCI, SOX…
- Provide leadership on engagements, ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, build teams and consensus, identify priorities and risk managements and working ethically, transparently and with high integrity
- Enabling the people change critical to sustained business performance: skills, capabilities, and organizational design to support data strategy on cloud-based or hybrid data platforms
- Continuously maintain deep and trusted C-Level relationship with all customers at all levels, coordinate collaborations/communication, define/develop organization-wide data management functions, standards and best practices, unlock business values and attain the optimal data assets manipulations and utilizations structured, semi-structured, unstructured
Confidential, Billerica, Massachusetts
Enterprise Data Architect Consultant
- Perform Enterprise Data Assessment across all business units and provide Enterprise Data Strategy Current state, target state and roadmap
- Evaluate and provide advisory on the architecture of the existing EDW, Data Analytics and the ongoing Data Lake implementation project Azure
- Direct all efforts related to building a descriptive Metadata Management, Catalogs, Semantic Consistency, Data Quality, Access Control RBAC, Data privacy, CDC, Ingestion, Self-Service Analytics/reporting, Data Curation and lineage
Confidential, Newton, Massachusetts
Enterprise Data Architect Consultant
- Conduct overall architectural assessments of current state, target state and provide roadmaps for clinical and operational data integration initiative.
- Design, build and implement Enterprise Data Warehouses, BI and Data Analytic platform including Requirements Analysis, Dimensional Modeling, Staging, Data Capture Epic System, Insurance Files, Financial, HR, Call Records …., Data Cleansing/Loading, Data Population, Data Delivery, Role Based Data Access RBAC, Data Privacy/Masking, Data Visualization/Dashboarding/Reporting and Data Compliancy HIPAA,.. Informatica, Kaufman Hall, Tableau, Spotfire, Business Objects that are crucial to overall business advancement.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies associated with business growth and challenges.
- Research, architect and provide recommendations regarding industry best practices, technologies and architecture cloud computing style (AWS), Big Data and Data Lakes.
- Architect and develop Data Governance, MDM, Data Integration, Data Conversion, Data Validation/Quality and Data management best practices and tools/vendor selection.
Confidential, Wilmington, MA
Enterprise Data Architect Consultant
- Establishing enterprise data architecture and information strategies including assessment/evaluation, gap analysis and roadmap.
- Enterprise data governance, data quality, data sharing, data management, reporting/analytics, security, standards/regulation/compliancy (such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), PII and PCI) and best practices enablement.
- Data and application integration (MuleSoft, Oracle, mobile), data conversion, design, implementation and tools selection and vendor management.
- Enterprise data modeling Conceptual, Canonical, Logical, Physical and enterprise data flow.
- Enterprise Data Hub, Big Data and Data Lakes strategy and architecture.
- Design, build and implement enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and BI analytics (Pentaho canned reports and Tableau analytics/dashboards).
- Work with the CTO, C-Level and internal audit personnel in capital planning and risk assessments/mitigations related to enterprise data acquisition, sharing, manipulation, movement, aggregation, archiving and overall data lifecycle (internal and external).
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations on business processes tuning, re-engineering and/or optimizations.
- Provide technical support, best practices, and hands-on (if needed) while implementing/integrating solution packages e.g. Snowflake, designing analytics and complex SQL queries.
- Requirements and NFR gathering, validation, analysis and translation to executable solution architecture components.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Enterprise Data Analytics, Data Warehouse and BI Architect Consultant
- Building AWS HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and PII compliant healthcare cloud enterprise data warehouse with massive data manipulation/ingestion.
- Architecting and implementing Business Intelligence delivery platform for internal and external cloud (VPC) partners with intensive and complex analytics (Tableau) and machine learning processes with very large volume of data utilizing AWS web services.
- Participating in the design and integration of a Rule-Based chatbot automated engine.
- Enterprise data/information strategy and roadmap, data lifecycle, standards, governance and quality control/compliancy.
- Functional and non-functional requirements management and traceability.
- Coach and mentor team of senior and junior developers/DevOps/architects and provide technical leadership and best practices.
Confidential, Boston, MA
IT Architect /Chief Architect Consultant
- Leading technical and functional efforts to design private cloud architecture solutions with multi-tenancy isolation, secure collaboration and resources agile provisioning with IaaS/PaaS/SaaS service delivery models utilizing VMware technologies (vSphere, vCloud Suite, VMware Collaboration Bundle).
- Recommend on development strategy, framework, operations and best practices related to cyber security, governance, knowledge management within a secure/trusted collaboration cloud computing environment.
- Ensure compliance with all architecture directions and standards through cross organization consulting and direct involvement in development/integration/testing/deployment and productionizing efforts.
- Provide input to RFI and RFP responses including the effort estimate, project team, timeline, architecture and implementation methodology
- Continuously manage requirements, anticipate stakeholder needs and identify appropriate solution alternatives.
Confidential, Hingham, Massachusetts
Enterprise Architect Consultant
- Assemble Enterprise Capabilities Architecture and Process Traceability Map.
- Current architecture and capabilities maturity assessments/evaluations.
- Business requirements managements and strategic business plans development.
- Establish relationship with business and IT stakeholders and maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization technologies.
- Develop and maintain current and future state architecture landscape, identify gaps/risks and provide direction and roadmap to achieve target architecture(s) in-line with corporate strategy.
- Define requirements, evaluate alternative options, design reporting and analytic strategy and build platform for business stakeholders.
- Establish and promote architecture development discipline utilizing TOGAF and Gartner Frameworks.
- Initiate Common terms/definitions and taxonomies enablement and assemble Enterprise Information Model across all subject areas and business functional units.
- Research and deliver technology evaluations aligned with strategy and offer recommendations.
- Manage/lead a team of senior architects and analysts (data, business, network, etc.).
- Perform daily meetings (functional/technical), communicate issues/risks and deliver requisite documentations and artifacts.
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
Enterprise Architect/ Enterprise Data Architect Consultant
- Architect high available, scalable and superior performance backend systems on the cloud with replication Microservices, load balancing, failover, monitor/alert, low maintenance…etc. Utilizing Amazon AWS services for cloud computing and automations including EC2, SQS, MySQL, Java, Redshift, RDS, S3 and Amazon Linux. Geofencing Mobile App
- Working with all parties including stakeholder and management to gather requirements, plan product road map, enforce data governance policies/standards, adherence to regulations/compliancy and support patent activities.
- Lead enterprise data architecture discipline for big data design and implementation of Sapient new social mobile and Geo publishing desktop applications with various content types (audio, video, text, image).
- Designing scalable Data Models and schema to support transactional and non-transactional applications including BI, EDW and analytics. Design and implement data life cycle strategies necessary to handle mass volume of data throughout all stages.
- Evaluate and recommend third party technologies and products (e.g. Scalebase, Vertica, Tableau…).
Confidential, Waltham, Massachusetts
Enterprise Data Architect/EA
- Define, plan and implement strategies for enterprise data governance including policies, standards, data identification/definition/classification, data consistency, data acquisition/extraction, cleansing/scrubbing, integration, data hosting/location, data manipulation/reporting/intelligence, data sharing/replication/federation and consolidation, data security and data aggregation /archiving cross all information management systems within the enterprise.
- Build high level conceptual, logical and physical data models as well as detailed ones for various business needs. Perform extensive data analysis (data sensitivity, manipulation frequency for ACID, data authority, data regulation compliance...etc.) including capacity planning (processor, storage, network) and governance.
- Perform GAP analysis between baseline and target data/information architecture and setup necessary migration plans.
- Design architectural database solutions for high scalability, high availability/ (business continuity) and performance at the enterprise level to meet the current and future needs of the accelerated business and customer base growth.
- Research, define, design and develop tools and technologies for adaptability within the enterprise throughout data life cycle.
- Perform continuous analysis of stakeholders' concerns/views from different viewpoints, identify business scenarios, resolve any/all conflicts at the architectural level and help Confidential architectural solutions into actual project plans.
- Closely work with the rest of the project/product managers, business community, CxO, stakeholders and architecture team members to communicate ideas, share artifacts/deliverables, identify and mitigate risks, review status and contribute to the overall enterprise architecture landscape.
- Design and build business intelligence platform, reporting (Pentaho) and dashboards with mass level wealth of heterogeneous legacy data (>15 TB) to be used by executives and marketing analysts for their day to day analysis and predictive considerations.
- Design and deploy efficient schema models and entities (> 500) with massive and real-time data manipulation with an instantaneous ETL processes.
- Utilize Amazon web services for testing/developing and proof of concept pilot projects (hadoop/map reduce/hive). Design the architecture including data life cycle stream for all web activities/clicks to be analyzed on top of a scalable Hadoop platform and Vertica database.
Confidential, Bedford, Massachusetts
- Design, manage, plan and implement enterprise information system architectural solutions, methodologies and standards for high performance, scalability and high availability/clustering solutions and information sharing (replication).
- Acts as prime SME data architect for all schema products embedded, virtualized and standalone database systems.
- Preparation and definition of business cases reviews and validate technical and functional requirements.
- Define the ongoing backup/archiving policies, authentication/authorization, patching/upgrade and all maintenance strategies.
- Design data level architecture capacity planning, security/auditing and operations (including VMware products).
- Evaluate current standards and policies to those provided by industry and recognize potential adoption within the enterprise to improve overall practices.
- Identify and communicate risks, provide early stage alternatives and proactively correspond to upper managements.
- Interactively and promptly communicate progress, risks/issues and is seen as a visionary, providing input to direction and strategy. Ensure clients satisfaction, exceed expectation and maintain trusted bond with clients at all levels.
- Work on unusually complex problems and provides technical solutions, which are highly innovative. Visible to stakeholders as the subject matter expert.
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
Enterprise Data Architect Lead
- Responsible for the overall Enterprise data architect and design of Digital Archive systems and databases (>20 TB).
- Design mass data ingestion, purging, authentication, replication, archiving strategies and regulatory compliance/standards.
- Establish and publish guidelines for data architecture standards, MDM and best practice enforcement at enterprise level.
- Work with customers to efficiently advice and deploy/integrate product components on all environments (dev, test, production) and provide and guidance on best practices. Mentor/manage group of developers/DBA/System Admin and architects.
- Design, produce and maintain ERD diagrams of over 1000 entities cross all business practices utilizing Erwin tools.
- Lead efforts to deploy the optimal system layout, performance, scalability and 24/7 service availability clusters (business continuity and disaster recovery policies and guidelines). Define and execute benchmarking strategies for all environments).
- Setup the roadmap for the enterprise data architect including requirements for data manipulation, data security, risks analysis, data retention policies and data archiving.
- BI strategy definition, design and implementation for Event Tracking System and Billing. Provide design for next level data summarization and abstraction as Data Marts, Cubes, Multidimensional databases, etc.
- Performing conceptual, logical and physical data modeling work utilizing Erwin and Power Designer tools and database design in complex, large-scale data environments.
- Setup strategic and tactical plans for benchmarking the architecture; define test cases, performance metrics and acceptance criteria against massive database systems. Review validate results and communicate to team and stakeholders all artifacts and deliverables.
- Provide mentoring/coaching leadership, offer brownbag sessions and knowledge transfer exercises.
Confidential, Middleton, Massachusetts
Senior Architect Consultant
- Lead projects to Re-architect the OLTP and data warehouse dimensional star schema and data marts for new releases of Confidential application for various RDBMS systems.
- Optimal database system design/configuration/customization for high performance and scalability for a variety of clients.
- Generate logical and physical data models associated with data architecture requirements, build metadata for existing and newly acquired entities and classify each according to usage, ACID, Data type .etc.
- Define, gather, analyze and document all technical and functional requirements and deliverables. Plan for optimal deployment infrastructure requirements including (storage, network, servers, tools, etc).
- Evaluate and present the existing/new technical architect, timeline and required resources to management and clients.
- Working on standardizing and integrating Confidential with the rest of Confidential products (data and application compliant).
- Guarantee on-time of deliverables and play Quality Assurance role for technical team deliverables.
- Generate and maintain enterprise level data definitions (DDL) and customize/tune for various database technologies.
- Design and participate in the governance activities, ensuring adherence to regulatory compliance and enterprise standards.
Confidential, Quincy, Massachusetts
Technical Architect Manager
- Analyze all business requirements and functional specifications for customer tracking and retention OLTP and enterprise data warehouse project.
- Evaluate and recommend different technologies and platforms in response to business growth and technology evolvement.
- Capacity planning, defining, analyzing, designing/modeling and implementing customer product to support marketing intelligence.
- Coordinate and manage the deployment strategy, identify and resolve all/any issues, apply knowledge and experience considered necessary to profitably, manage client relation, exceed expectations and deliver a successful project.
Confidential, Lexington, Massachusetts
Lead Data Architect
- Lead efforts in defining, analyzing, designing/modeling and implementing transaction databases, analytical data warehouse and data mining to help scientists predict future experiments' results and accelerate drug discovery process.
- Setup standard interfaces between laboratory station/robot controllers and transaction databases (development, test/QA and Production).
- Develop and implement strategies for data architect, data acquisitions, archive/recovery and reporting. Also design and implement custom ETL processes for data movement and data transformation cross all internal and external databases.
- Data modeling (logical and physical), implementation and tuning database engine, schemas and DML/Queries for OLTP and data warehouse/data mine structures.
- Develop an in-house corporate Chemical Inventory and Chemical Library DBMS systems with interaction to MDLI products.
- Resolve issues and implement solutions for scalability, availability (failover), reliability, security and performance for the whole enterprise.
- Mentor/manage group of developers/DBA/System Admin and architects.
- Setup project development methods, standards, templates. Research and resolve any/all design and development issues.
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
Technical Manager - Data Architect
- Efficiently manage resources, budget and time to deliver various strategic projects.
- Set the technical directions for the organization as well as providing directions for the improvement of operational processes.
- Evaluate technologies and software products (e.g. Content Management, ERP) and recommend use for developing web-based applications.
- Designed and implemented a three tired Internet architecture for the corporate E-Business model and Pay Per View initiative.
- Architect and Implement an OLTP and Data Warehouse solution to achieve intelligent marketing and provide help to executives in decision making.
Confidential, Beverly, Massachusetts
Technical Architect Leader
- Practicing BI methodology and setup project plans.
- Designing and implementing architect for Insurance Data Warehouse (Premium and Claim subject areas)
- Technical systems architect for N-Tier Web applications. Manage projects, resources and time.
- Define necessary tools for testing, validating and diagnosing integrated packages and modules. Provide scientific approach for acceptance testing.
- Provide technical support to clients at critical situations. Monitor system load, growth and document outcomes.
Confidential, Redwood Shore, California
Principal Consultant/ Team leader Data Architect
- Working at Oracle prospect and client sites to synthesize people, processes, software and hardware into optimal application systems in various operating system environments.
- Applying knowledge of operational procedures appropriate to creating and running high-volume, high-performance, high-availability, complex application suites for various types of industry (e.g. Insurance, Communication, Retail, Financial…etc.).
- Designing and implementing logical and physical data models and data architect for several mission critical OLTP and Data Warehouses (> 1 TB) projects as well as integration with other systems.
- Implementing, testing and automating data capture, cleansing, load/populate and reporting procedures.
- Planning for database backup/recovery, availability and establishing security policies.
- Improving overall system performance by building, monitoring and documenting successful new methods and tools.
- Identifying, scoping and selling billable consulting work.
- Technically and functionally leading team of consultants (4~8).
- Develop module, system, and acceptance test plans. Ensure timely completion of deliverables; keep development team on track (timeline and functionality). Fill Quality Assurance role for technical team deliverables. Communicate technical issues to customers at a business level.
- Some of the projects led while at Oracle:
- Internal Revenue Services (IRS) (> 2 TB Data Warehouse)
Senior Decision Support System Architect
- Data Architect and Data modeling adopting Star and Snowflake schemas for Nielsen's retailer clients.
- Benchmarking database engines to achieve the optimal configuration.
- Supporting and implementing an OLAP tool (Workstation Plus) on different platforms and different RDBMS engines.
- Performance tuning.
- Design and implement data capture, Confidential and load/populate methodologies and rules (build Metadata repository).
- Providing database and UNIX system standards for developers involved in various projects.
- Implementing a three-tiered Client/Server system deploying Informix On-Line engine, Tuxedo TP monitor and Visual Basic.
- Administrating multiple residency servers for development, testing and production environments.
- Database modeling and logical/physical database layout implementation.
- Benchmarking database background load, concurrent users and Backup/recovery using ESQL, C and UNIX shell scripts.
- Performance tuning (Applications, Platform, Server and Network).
- Building, tuning and implementing Sybase database for message processing (Call Data Records CDRs).
- Prototyping and benchmarking Tuxedo middleware for database hits, load balancing, message queuing and guaranteed message delivery features.
- Designing and presenting the technical architecture solutions to clients as a member of the technical architecture group.
- Help client rolling to production by conducting various knowledge transfer sessions and providing full documentation.