- Infrastructure Architecture
- Enterprise Cloud Computing
- PMI Project Management
- ITIL Framework
- System Administration
- Cross Functional
- Service Management
Technical Lead, Infrastructure
- Oversight of vendor project teams and requirement deliverables.
- Led planning and design sessions, reporting the Senior Architect and Infrastructure Director.
- Project management duties including: Readiness assessments, Implementation plans, resource planning, and transition.
Infrastructure technologies included: VMWare, EMC storage, Cisco UCS, Windows 2012/2016, Citrix, SAP, Oracle, AIX, and ServiceNow.
Shared Services Technical Project Manager
- Expansion and enforcement of ITIL standards, process, and policy.
- Implementation and administration of the enterprise asset management program using ServiceNow ITAM.
- Responsible for the Implementation and administration for system configuration using ServiceNow CMDB.
- Oversaw $3.8 million Oracle license and maintenance support contracts; reviewed requirements and coordinated with stakeholders to ensure annual support renewals and true - up requirements were met, with savings realized.
- Managed audits of over 1,000 capital hardware assets; reduced software licensing costs; reconciled software licensing from retired and re-deployed computers and server.
- Performed true-ups for Microsoft Office 365, reviewed licensing requirements and worked with vendors for pricing.
- Led multiple infrastructure modernization projects, including:
- Planning and migration of Microsoft Exchange to Office365.
- Planning and oversight of the public/private enterprise wireless cloud expansion.
- Planning and oversight of credit card PCI security standards throughout the enterprise.
- Replacement of core virtual host server farm hardware, and virtual upgrade.
- Planning and implementation of secondary disaster recovery datacenter.
Infrastructure Program Manager
- Successfully led and developed 35 FTE professionals making up the infrastructure groups of:
- Database, Server, Network, Telecom, Desktop, Service Desk, and Asset Management.
- Management of highly available data centers, with an emphasis on virtualization.
- Budget management, reporting, and forecasting using Oracle EBS financials.
- Implementation and enforcement of ITIL standards, process, and policy.
- Management of all IT assets throughout the enterprise, emphasis on security, State of Good Repair, and DR.
- Hardware/software license compliance and maintenance support of all IT assets throughout the enterprise.
- Authored statements of work, request for proposals, business cases, cost estimates.
- Achieved strong vendor relations, managed oversight of services provided, contract selection, pricing, enforcement of established SLAs. Vendor areas included:
- SaaS: Various solutions particularly for developers and marketing department.
- IaaS: Solution for a hybrid data center and disaster recovery.
- PaaS: ServiceNow request/problem/incident/change/CMDB/AM/GRC service.
- Project consulting services including ERP implementations and cyber security assessments.
- Numerous vendor support contracts for the hardware/software assets utilized throughout the enterprise.
- Led multiple infrastructure upgrade or replacement projects, including:
- Planning and oversight of ITIL standards, process, and policy.
- Planning and migration for Service Delivery from HP Service Manager to ServiceNow.
- Planning and implementation of enterprise server and desktop virtualization using VMWare.
- Planning and oversight of enterprise wide desktop replacement and Windows O/S upgrade.
- Planning and replacement of enterprise data backup system and disaster recovery infrastructure.
- Planning and upgrade of the enterprise firewalls Checkpoint appliances.
Lead Network Systems Administrator
- Provided functional support, strategic direction, and supervision to server infrastructure group.
- Responsible for resource hiring, including job descriptions, assigning work, and performance management.
- Effectively managed multiple enterprise wide projects.
- Asset and Configuration management of hardware/software for all network servers and data storage units.
- Planned and evaluated future District-wide hardware and software technologies.
- Identified and coordinated the fix, root cause identification, and long term solutions to problems.
- Effectively reported overall incident, problem, risks, and major events to senior management
- Provided advanced technical problem resolution for all departments and satellite locations.
- Key participant of the design and setup of all server related monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
Enterprise Systems Technical Expert
- Initiated and evaluated current technology and prepared written recommendations.
- Responsible for the 24/7 monitoring and event response of all UNIX, data storage, backup/recovery events.
- Integrated and coordinated diverse technologies for increase end user productivity and satisfaction.
- Responsible for backup/recovery of all District wide systems for minor and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Authored numerous monitoring, alerting, and corrective action scripts using BASH, KSH shells.
- Root cause analysis, resource tuning, and enhancements for improve customer satisfaction.
- Designed solutions to system issues, updated hardware/software to current releases.
- Implementation and administration of SAN environment for increase storage agility.
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Provided prompt Tier III support to field engineers and subscribers
- Provide 24/7 support for enterprise production servers running Solaris 8 and Windows 2000
- Managed SAN environment, Veritas Cluster, Volume Manager, Netbackup, Tape Carousel
- Developed in-house websites using Apache Web server, Pearl 5.0, MySQL, Oracle
- Authored various monitoring scripts as a proactive means for increasing server uptime
- Supervised junior network administrators in prompt resolution of service outages