I have extensive experience working as a data base administrator, data modeler, data architect and BI/solution architect. I enjoy working in all of these roles and have no qualms ‘rolling up’ my sleeves to do data conversion, data integration or stored procedure and trigger development when required in Transactional and data warehouse environments.
- Responsible for building a data mart for the Sales organization so that it could use analytics in moving the company from a multi - million to multi-billion dollar business.
- Created the data mart using Erwin and SQL Server containing the Customer, Invoice, Order, Product,
- Invoice, Quote and Supplier subject areas and built the transformations to migrate all transactional data from Sage.
- Worked with the President and Sales Vice Presidents to develop the visualizations that were implemented with Power BI.
- Premier Health is currently using MedAssist, Business Objects Enterprise, ScottCare, MIDAS,
- Quadex, Care Discovery, Chronicles, Caboodle, Clarity, Lawson, StataJazz, Centricity, StatIt, and Cactus to manage the siloed data within the Continuum of Care.
- Primarily responsible for documenting Premier Health’s data architecture, and gathering requirements from management within Finance, Surgery, Supply Chain, Quality, PFS, Claims, Denials, and
- Pharmacy to access/determine future analytic needs.
- Cost per Case
- Revenue vs Expense
- Actual vs Budget
- Quality Optimization
- Developed the logical data model for the staging area and Caboodle extension and implemented a prototype of the proposed dash boards/reports using Power BI.
- Responsible for writing all reports in their ERP migration moving from JD Edwards to Confidential using Crystal Reports, SQL Server and SSRS.
- Primarily responsible for reverse engineering JD Edwards reports, writing SQL Server stored procedures, embedding the code in Crystal Reports or SSRS and then incorporating the report into Confidential .
- Developed reports for the following business areas:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Human Resources
- I designed and implemented a claims application using Erwin, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, and Power BI.
- GA has 32 separate companies whose data and systems are maintained using various technologies.
- In order to reduce mainframe costs, GA hired me to build a proto-type mobile claims application using cloud-based technologies.
- I selected Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, and Power BI as the development platform and moved a claims application for one of their businesses from the mainframe within three months by developing the data model, database, user interface, flows, stored procedures and Power BI reports.
- Indiana Medicaid Supplemental File
- John Hopkins Confidential System Scalable Solution
- Member Enterprise Repository
- Indiana Medicaid Supplemental File is a SSIS application using SQL Server that reports Cost Sharing, Notice of Pregnancy and Medically Frail information to the State of Indiana.
- Primarily responsible for developing the overall solution design, developed the data model and supported the development environment as the DBA.
- John Hopkins Confidential System Scalable Solution is a SSIS application using SQL Server that feeds Member, Physician and Institutional data to the Confidential platform to predict the health status of subgroups and populations.
- Primarily responsible for designing a scalable, automated solution to feed input data to the Confidential Platform for any State/Line of Business combination. This was enabled by creating a meta data repository that contained all variable parameters that could be dynamically passed to the application.
- Developed the solution design, technical specifications document, data model, meta data and supported the development environment as the DBA.
- The Member Enterprise Repository is an enterprise database that will contain Member information (i.e., Member, Dental/Institutional/Immunization/Pharmacy/Physician claims) for any state.
- This repository will be used for ad-hoc reporting, Confidential, HEDIS, Member Web Portal and any other process that needs to analyze or report Member data.
- Primarily responsible for the overall solution design, technical specifications document to convert Georgia historical claims, data model, data conversion logic, and converted the historical data using stored procedures and triggers.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- As a data architect for Confidential, primary responsibilities included designing, developing and extending 16 OLTP databases and a data warehouse that could be deployed to Azure, DB2 (all flavors), SQL Server, and Oracle using Erwin.
- Primarily responsible for the development of all analytics, compression, DDL, encryption, stored procedures, training of clients, partitioning, triggers, and XML.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Senior Technical Specialist
- As a senior technical specialist for Confidential, primary responsibilities include designing an enterprise level product repository, developing the standards and guidelines for designing canonical data models for Confidential ’s SOA architecture, and designing the services for Confidential ’s product, and inventory enterprise level repositories.
- All canonical and data modeling was done using Erwin and XMLSpy. Responsible for the development of the canonical, conceptual, logical and physical models. Also responsible for the development of all XML, WSDL, and stored procedures used in the canonical data models for DB2 3090.
- In addition, developed the Customer Enterprise data model for Fred Meyer Jewelers and developed the Product Enterprise data model for Confidential .
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- As a technical specialist for Confidential, primary responsibilities included designing the conceptual, logical and physical data models for a jewelry, advertising, key retailing, and inventory systems.
- All data modeling was done using Erwin for DB2 3090.
Oracle/SQL Server Data Modeler/DBA
- Responsible for converting product information from the Torrington acquisition (Oracle 7) into the Product database (SQL Server 2000).
- Responsible for designing and maintaining the SQL Server database using Erwin.
- Responsible for converting the Oracle data into SQL Server using Delphi.
- As a data modeler for the Confidential primary responsibilities included developing a normalized logical data model for the Lottery, Real Estate, Telco, Personal Property, Municipality, and Audit systems. All data modeling work was completed using Erwin/ERX.
- primary responsibilities included performing as the Data Modeler for the Branch Notification, WorldPerks Visa, and Product Selector databases.
- The front-end for the applications is Java and the backend is SQL Server 2000.
- Responsible for the development of the data models, documenting the systems, and writing all stored procedures and triggers.
- All data modeling work was completed using Erwin/ERX.
- primary responsibilities included performing the analysis of all embedded SQL, stored procedures, and database triggers in a SQL Server 2000 database that maintained data using smart card technology.
- After all analysis was complete, responsible for developing a new logical and physical data model that removed all performance bottlenecks and a new development database reflecting the new model.
SQL Server Data Modeler/DBA
- primary responsibilities include performing as the Technical and Data Architect for a Human Resources application.
- The front-end for the application is ASP and the backend is SQL Server 7 and SQL Server 2000.
- Responsible for the development of the Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, Data Model, and the writing of all stored procedures and database triggers.
- All data modeling work was accomplished using Erwin/ERX.
DB2/SQL Server Data Modeler/DBA
- primary responsibilities included performing as the data architect to develop a comprehensive data model.
- Responsible for developing the data models using Erwin 4.0 and Model Mart.
- The database environment was DB2 6.0.