- SaaS / Technology Strategy / Global Process Engineering / SDLC / Application Development / Agile / ITIL R&D / Testing / Implementations / Client & Vendor Relations / Enterprise Solutions / Staff Development Embedded Systems / Business Management / Enterprise Storage / Security & Continuity A business - minded developer of software products, systems and winning teams that proactively met the needs of customers in extremely diverse industries.
- Consistently delivered clear, innovative technical strategies and detailed roadmaps that led to a competitive edge in domestic and global markets for employers such as Confidential, Oracle, Confidential Networks and Confidential . Regularly optimized development, release and implementation processes, staying in tune with intricate customer requirements.
- Showcased effective cross-functional leadership that drove innovative technology products to market ahead of the competition.
- Incorporating broad engineering/management skills to solve complex technical and business challenges
- Overseeing development of core and enhanced products to increase market appeal
- Reducing product development cycle time and expediting market entry
- Communicating highly technical subjects to diverse stakeholders and aligning teams with business goals
- Creating software and product improvements to meet ever-changing customer needs
- Identified opportunity for Confidential to integrate Real Time Compression code into the flagship product. Conducted due diligence, producing white papers and a business cases that supported this premise. Presented to Executive Leadership, gaining approval for major product update. Adapted, tested and launched improved product that led to a 50% sales hike.
- Coordination and collaboration among QA and software groups at Confidential was minimal. Created an internal cross-training system. Developed and delivered courses. Guided teams to begin sharing strategy. Improved communication and idea sharing across diverse product development and quality teams. Delivered higher-quality, more timely releases, migrating software development to the “Agile way” within two months.
- The Confidential software group was using a traditional methodology. Pioneered the adoption of Agile. Became thought leader, creating instructional courses and support exercises to rapidly migrate development methodology. Led to team to develop better quality more timely releases. Won “The Confidential Outstanding Award” multiple times for exceptional performance.
- Identified opportunity to update development system at Confidential, providing greater functionality and improved timeliness of releases. Worked diligently with cross functional managers and engineers to move from CVS to Clearcase. Completed project slated to take a year within a few weeks.
Director Software Development
- Senior leader managing multiple teams including senior managers and Software Development engineers.
Senior Software Development Manager
- Serve as cross-functional leader of vital programs.
- Moved organization to Agile base of involvement.
- Led the development of major releases and updates.
- Engaged across QA, development and product management.
- Co-authored many Confidential technical Redbooks.
Senior Software Development Lead (Teams Lead)
- Proven cross-functional leader who pioneered the company’s migration from Waterfall to Agile.
- Delivered defect free releases and patches, on or ahead of schedule.
- Specialized in program management, embedded systems, cloud (SaaS), business continuity, security and globalization of programs and processes.
- Managed 15 staff and very large project budgets.
Senior Manager - Software Development Engineering
- Guided team of six to develop and/or enhance communication network switching and routing products.
- Managed projects end-to-end from feasibility and vision to strategy, testing, change and release management.
- Completed each vital initiative on time.