Seeking a full time career management position in all areas of records and document management, data processing, FOIA processing and support services, electronic records management, office services, document conversion and digitization, data preservation and archiving, IT service desk, litigation support, information management, database management, microfilm operations, mailroom operations, e - discovery, litigation support, and general project management.
- Over eighteen years of progressive experience in information management, database management, records and document management.
- Over twelve years of experience managing and maintaining Federal records in various formats and databases including HRIS.
- Skilled in document conversion processes, data preservation, manual and electronic records retention and disposition scheduling utilizing NARA General Records Schedule.
- Knowledgeable in Records Management Life Cycle, including scanning, back-file conversion; document conversion to electronic images, OCR processing, microfilm and microfiche digitization.
- Skilled in the review and redaction of documents and information, and the skill and ability to properly identify proprietary business information (PBI) or Commercial Business Information (CBI)
- Skilled in FOIAonline, and knowledgeable in FOIAXpress, Relativity, Adobe Pro DC, and eDiscovery/
- Knowledgeable in the Federal privacy Act of 1974 governing the use and protection of Personally Identifiable Information - PII
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: written, verbal and oral presentation, with passion for teaching, training, and new hire processing.
- Ability to execute assignments with minimum oversight, and provide leadership to large, multi-discipline team of diverse employees.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with, concepts, best practices, and standards for Federal Records Act and regulations, FOIA, and FOIA Exemptions, DoD 5015.2, ISO 15489 Enterprise Records Management.
SOFTWARE, RECORDS AND DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT APPLICATIONS:
Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows NT, MS Word 2016, Excel 2016, Powerpoint 2016, SharePoint 2007, Doculex, Legal Doc, Trial Manager, concordance, summation, Kofax Ascent Capture 6.2, Adobe Pro DC, Relativity, People Soft, HRIS, Laserfiche 7.0 Convera RW 7.0, Sharepoint, PeopleSoft, MS Access, iConect 4, Filenet,, TRIM, PC Doc, Hummingbird DM 6.0, Alfresco One, Documentum 6.0, Documentum RM, Open Text Content Server 10.5..
RECORDS & INFORMATION MANAGER
- Provide supervision to business office personnel in the areas of general office activities
- Maintain all records that include clients files that contain personally identifiable information. Establish and maintain taxonomy for filing records such as: vendor invoices, receipts, and supplies orders.
- Analyze, enter, manipulate and update databases. Responsible for ordering all office supplies including computer accessories
- Provide guidance, direction, training and assistance to office staff in all matters pertaining to records management, including the establishment of file systems, records disposition programs, records storage methods. Provide other support services as assigned by the Partners
TASK ORDER MANAGER
- Provided general support services in processing FOIA and Privacy requests in FOIAonline application at EPA Headquarters
- Correctly and accurately reviewed FOIA requests, correspondences, email, responsive records, and accurately applying applicable FOIA
- Exemptions. Scanned responsive documents and records into cases in FOIAonline.
- Perform the necessary redactions to information and records in response to FOIA requests using Relativity or Adobe Pro DC based on the expert knowledge of the nine (9) FOIA exemptions. Managed information and records on FOIA online application.
- Prepare and publish EPA FOIA quarterly reports on EPA website detailing number of requests received, number of request processednumber of request backlog etc
- Prepare a monthly FOIA Support Services Task Report detailing the work being performed to the Deputy Program Manager and the Program Manager
- Perform quality assurance second review for accuracy on the work activities performed by subordinates.
SR RECORDS MANAGEMENT ANALYST
- General records management: records scheduling, document production, document scanning and quality assurance
- Management and maintenance of DOE Environmental Management records: Ensuring that paper records, electronic records, digital files, photographs, video tapes, engineering drawings, are maintained in an orderly fashion according to NARA requirements and DOE directives.
- Perform inventory, scheduling, quality assurance and quality control of all records on various media using Open Text Content Server 10.5
- Perform imaging services, scanning, indexing, and quality assurance using Kofax Capture, to facilitate the migration of legacy paper records to electronic files that can be stored and managed in the Electronic Records Management System.
SR. RECORDS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Collaborated with the HQ Records manager to develop policies and procedures on records review, assessment and retention.
- Collaborated with Center records managers in the training and development of agency-wide records management system
- Assisted organizational records liaison officers (RLOs) in the conversion of paper records to electronic records.
- Assisted and trained Records liaison officers in preparing their organizations’ file plans and records archival process.
- Assisted users and records custodians in organizing and categorizing of their departments’ records and to determine their retention and disposition using the NARA General Records Schedule or the Confidential Records Retention Schedule NRRS 1441.1D
- Planned and executed records audit, assessment and review program; developed and sent new retention proposals to NARA for approval.
- Scheduled records transfer and retirement to Federal Records Centers using NARA ERA system and the ARCIS system; disposed and retired records based on Confidential records retention schedule and NARA General Retention Schedule.
- Managed program communications with COTR, Legal and Information Technology departments using various communication methods that included: in-person, e-mail, phone, presentations, etc. Assisted 29 Records Liaison Officers performing various records management functions.
RECORDS AND DOCUMENT MANAGER
- Managed the records and document section of the Student Exchange and visitors Program - SEVP at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency. Developed file plan template for all SEVP records.
- Oversaw the development of the Electronic Records and Information Management System known as the Student Exchange and Visitors Integrated Information System - SEVIIS 2.
- Coordinated the digitization of paper documents, preservation of digitized records, and supervised records staff and the file room personnel.
- Maintained electronic records and data base of U.S. colleges and universities that have enrolled international students
- Maintained electronic records and data base of all international students enrolled in all U.S. colleges, universities, and vocational schools
- Developed records retention and disposition schedule using NARA General Retention Schedule (GRS). Developed and submitted to NARA, proposed retention schedule for SEVP records not covered in the Confidential General Retention Schedule.
- SharePoint Administration: enabled user access, setup records and document repositories on SharePoint sites.
- Managed two separate file rooms that housed student admission records and colleges/universities records respectively.
WORK CONTROL MANAGER
- Coordinated all activities of the IT Operation Support Services contract (OSS) at the Confidential Headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Managed the help desk operations that include processing IT service requests, PC and audio visual set-ups, and conference scheduling.
- Provided oversight to the areas of desktop, service desk, network services, application support, IT support and Telecommunications.
- Managed records and document operations, digital image processing, document conversion, and audio visual operations.
- Participated in the development and periodic revision of policies and procedures with the Confidential COTR and senior managers.
- Performed On-Boarding processing and HSPD processing for New contractor employees. Maintained and updated employees database
- Managed records and document database in support of FOIA in the Public Information and Business Center - PIBC at Confidential Headquarters.
- Examined, evaluated and reviewed requests for information under FOIA. Drafted responses to standard/complex requests from the public.
- Oversaw all records management support services including electronic file records, evaluation of records for retention or disposition.
- Developed, maintained and managed the inquiry response database in support of the Freedom of Information Act - FOIA and other public inquiries and information about astronauts, launch schedules, researches, functions and activities of Confidential .
- Managed and supervised file rooms that housed confidential medical records of Department of Energy employees exposed to nuclear radiation and hazards. Maintained a large database of electronic medical records, case dockets, case files and processed medical billings.
- Managed a records and IT operation unit of six supervisors and fifty-nine information technology professionals involved in records management, data and grants processing, mailroom operations, helpdesk operations, document scanning and IT support services..
- Managed an information help desk that responded to public disclosure and taxpayers requests for information in accordance with FOIA
- Responsible for technical oversight of all task orders, employee management, customer liaison, control, and total quality management
- Managed the Confidential document management operations that involved conversion of hard copy Army records to electronic format.
- Exported digitized records into the Confidential RMDA records management system - RetrievalWare.
- Reviewed, declassified, and indexed historical records of military veterans of various wars.
- Created electronic records of historical medical case files of combat records and health records of veterans of various wars.
- Managed the process of accessing and retrieving all records in the custody of the Army Records and Information Management System.
- Provided leadership and management for Information Technology operations, document prep, index, scan, QA, validation, and OCR.
- Supervised eight technical support employees and quality assurance specialists. Hired and trained IT and document management staff.
- Provided user and systems requirements and analysis used for the implementation of the RMDA records management system.
- Managed all aspects of information technology support for the Office of Litigation Support, from moderate to difficult in scope.
- Managed and supervised the efficient distribution of case materials, mails, faxes, case files, dockets, and scheduled witness depositions.
- Managed various databases in the Justice Case Management System that included Case database, transcript database, discovery database.
- Provided e-discovery documents, transcripts and various trial documents support for DoJ trial attorneys, case managers and other users.
- Managed, coordinated and directed information technology activities that included scanning, e-discovery, document production, and hardware and software installation.
- Digitized historical case files and uploaded the records into the historical database in the Justice Consolidated Network - JCON.
- Directed and managed the workflow process of Large-scale Document Imaging and Back file conversion project that involved OCR, Help Desk operations, data entry, technical support and data center operations, microfiche conversion to digital format.
- Performed Windows NT 4 Server system administration, identified and resolved problems with workflow process.
- Developed and managed the electronic records management system at the technical data center in Confidential, Confidential
- Monitored and performed quality assurance on scanned images, and provided guidance on physical and electronic records storage.
SR. TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
- Installed, configured and tested Hardware, Software and peripheral devices, performed scanning, indexing, quality assurance, and help desk support activities.
- Converted microfilm images and microfiche images to electronic digital images.
- Trained employees on different imaging software applications and digitization process, including word processors, spreadsheet and OS.
- Worked in the Information technology library performing such duties as inventory, check-in and check-out of software and hardware.