- Highly accomplished hands - on Enterprise cloud Architect, data architect, data warehouse & application architect with over eighteen years of pivotal technical consulting with prospective clients to determine needs, conduct on-site technical assessments, designing effective solutions and resolving business-critical issues on Cloud and on-prem solutions that extract the maximum business benefit from Intelligence & Insight investments.
- Architecting different types of cloud services & vendors (AWS, Azure, IBM, VMware & Google), Private, Public, Hybrid, Multi-Provider, Multi-Cloud Brokering services.
- Native cloud solutions.
- Built scalable cost efficient Multi-Tenant Multi-Zone Big Data Analytics packages for several large & smaller companies.
- Cloud migration roadmap, strategy, assessment, demos, technology stack selections, design, DevOps, RFP, pilots to provide cost efficient optimal architectures & avoid costly mistakes.
- Design, implementation & testing of cloud security services in AWS.
- Experience moving all or part of a physical data center to the cloud and dealing with the culture shift and retooling of staff. Help companies move to modern enterprise architecture by incorporating Hadoop, cloud technology, NoSQL, Serverless into their architecture.
- Containers (Docker) vs. virtualization (VMs).
- Data Center Server Consolidation infrastructure project to migrate 60k servers from existing legacy data centers of multiple customers over 100 remote locations to two Virtual data centers with an extremely challenged application dependency route map. This contributed licensing cost saving over 100M$ while reconsolidation of mission critical platforms
- Over 27 Transitions and transformation projects across the globe AUSTRALIA/CANADA/INDIA/JAPAN/UK and USA over 100 thousand servers experience.
- Headed the Exadata, NETZZA implementation hands on for few of the customers.
- Working as Cloud Solution Architect to assist client in onboarding various app/servers on AWS and Azure.
- Expertise on Testing / Automation / Quality Control / PCI & Sox Compliance, Network Zoning/ Segmentation and Security / Design & Enterprise Architecting, Datacenters.
- EA Framework using TOGAF SOA 9 phased Approach to meet the NEW MARKETS / COST SAVINGS / RE USE
- Expert in Baseline AS IS Creation / GAP Analysis / Strategic Migration Plan Road MAP / Move Group Creation Dependency and Integration / any other dependencies for moving highly critical/sensible data
- Intermediate Baseline creation in case of Massive Transformations.
- Governing the Implementations after necessary approvals, ARB Architect Review Board / TRB Technical Review Board / CAB Change Advisory Board
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Technical Consultant / EA
- Working from centralized location, handling customer crisis and priorities
- Design and develop centralized solutions based on the customer requirements with proper validation and support.
- Responsible for leading enterprise, application architecture with replatform and refactor capabilities, information management and cloud computing product architectures, implementation and delivery across hosted centers.
- Providing individual and team leadership expertise across all products and platforms.
- Developing enterprise reference architecture, SOA & Cloud strategy in a SaaS driven enterprise business model by providing Digital Transformation Services leveraging and system integration of disruptive technologies and automation solutions in Cloud, Cybersecurity, IoT and Work Place Transformation.
- Being a technology advisor and transformation leader responsible for executing technology roadmap to meet the company's long term business strategy, roadmap and goals includes app/IS/DC - Retain, Refactor, Replace, Retire recommendations.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with senior business leaders to ensure alignment.
- Responsible for technical design using requirement specifications and use cases by collaborating with the product management and business on product requirements.
- Transition and Training the off-shore team to understand the business sensitivity and benefits of the projects and lead the team towards self and organization goal and success.
- Providing enterprise architecture & design expertise across multiple product lines using TOGAF / SABSA
- Expert in assess and recommend on how AWS solutions fit in the company architecture / requirements
- Experienced in the Design/Architecture of AWS and hybrid cloud solutions
- Develop cloud reference architectures, governance policies, security models, and best practices.
- Involved in building security model and produced a comprehensive strategy using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Role for community platform systems and successfully implemented the same setting precedence for other teams to follow suit.
- Analysis of current TCO and ROI, application/DC/Infrastructure and best approaches to avoid extra cost.
- Helped to develop backup, recovery strategy for applications and database on virtualization platform.
- Simplified design/recommending backup and DR solutions for AWS instances
- Recommendations for reserving nodes/instances for best cost effectiveness.
- Application and data migration; transformation to containerization assessment / solution.
- Cost analysis including movement / hosting computes / forecasting the computes for couple of years with yearly / monthly subscriptions.
- Worked with SunGard on DR executions
- Lead datacenter transformations projects to migrate client/server app/platforms to cloud environment.
- Design & deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant & reliable applications on AWS
- Migrate IaaS, PaaS and SaaS instances between public and private clouds - Java, J2EE, .NET, Apache, RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, MySQL, Unix/Linux, NAS/SAN, LAN/WAN VPN, Security, IDS, Firewalls and Encryption.
- Database Services including DynamoDB/Elastic Cache/Aurora MySQL /
- RDS Creation of RDS from Micro to High-Memory Quadruple Extra Large / Redshift for DWH / Building Clusters HS1.XL - HS1.8XL, Auto Scale up/Down / RESIZE of clusters/ AWS Direct Connect
- Export, Import, migrate, transfer data to Amazon S3 from other RDBMS technologies
- Hands on application Load test using tools like Jmeter/ HP Load runner/ NEOLOAD Mobile Testing Loader to meet the business of DWH / OLTP designs
Technical Consultant / EA / Solution Architect
- As Enterprise Architect, understand customer requirements and clearly articulate technical / business options to internal teams.
- Build Solution strategy, position service offerings based on customer’s long term and short term IT needs.
- Engage with key customer global managers to understand their IT strategy and vision, share Confidential ’s learning and capabilities in respective fields and create mind sharing.
- Work actively with the account Sales team across all GEOs to identify potential opportunities proactively.
- Promote new automation and productivity benefit ideas in collaboration with the Practice and delivery team
- Work closely with shared member off-shore/on-site model with different technology experts. Cloud/ Storage /Wintel /Unix /DBA /VMware / Backup/ Monitoring / Exchange/ middleware/ Security/ Automation/ Engineering / Reporting / SDM team etc.,
- Proficiency in Enterprise Application integration and n-tier client-server architectures.
- Expert in designing/constructing integrated transactional & collaborative enterprise-level systems that are scalable and portable.
- Create future vision architecture to expedite delivery of new products and services to market while meeting company’s cost and risk reduction objectives.
- Outline current and future vision enterprise architecture, including traceability from business and IT strategies to suggested technologies.
- Coordinate with architects and business experts across IS to translate key strategic objectives into actionable and governable roadmaps and designs.
- Translated business requirements into systems qualities and repeatable design strategies and patterns, such as adaptability, scalability, availability, and reusability.
- Analyze business and technology challenges, assess costs, and suggest solutions.
- Design and execute proofs-of-concept for critical enterprise capabilities, including building business case with costs, benefits, and efficiency measures.
- Collaborated with key stakeholders and internal teams to define enterprise architecture principles, standards and guidelines, and blueprints.
- Developed, enhanced, and maintained reference architectures for various capabilities.
- Assured enterprise application integration by selecting tools, specifying shared data and code resources, defining interfaces and data-flows, and monitoring progress.
- Performed design reviews across company and collected enterprise architecture performance metrics to assure continuous improvement.
- Preparing Project Charter and Project Plan and Scope Creep documents for the execution of Projects.
- Tracking the Project for Closure and provide Project handover documents to the requestor and service operation team.
- Provide leadership and direction to solution development and delivery teams to model solutions to architectural best practices and guidelines and when necessary Define/modify the architecture to accommodate solution needs.
- Excellent understanding of monitoring tools like AssureNow / Nimsoft / NetIQ / SevOne recent addition, Site Scope, Splunk, HP operations manager/ HP NV / Riverbed etc.,
- Backup the environment data using Data domain DD, validation of backups on periodic basis
- Lead the security Program, Security Policies and Standards, Risk Management, IT governance, IT Compliance, Incident Management, Vendor Evaluation, Data Discovery & Classification.
- Implemented Enterprise Risk Management Framework; Conducted Enterprise-wide security risk assessments and third party vendor security risk assessments; managed the implementation of large secured networks and systems Including IAM/SOX/PCI-DSS / HiPAA
- Hands on scripting knowledge with automation on technologies mitigate the compliance issues of SOX/PCI/IAM/HIPPA.
- Managed the implementation of secure configurations in SAP, UNIX and Databases based on SOX PCI-DSS, HIPPA standards.
- Architecture of SaaS Multi-Tenant Health Care analytics application, PHI, HCI3, ECRs & analysis on AWS & Azure, RedShift, Hadoop, RDS & MySQL . Document HIPAA best practices for Cloud. Building, optimization & automation of AWS solution.
- Participating in Daily / weekly scheduled calls with Directors, Project sponsors and various stake holders to provide project status make sure service delivery is met as per customer expectations.
- Govern the Weekly CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings.
- Encouraging the optimum methods of DevOps Technologies like Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform.
- SOC Security Operations Center / NOC Network Operations Center setup
- Network Segmentation and Security Zoning; Configuration of Firewall Policies for allowing genuine and restrict unwanted connections.
- Working on DevOps Technologies like Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform.
- PERFORCE for source control
- Jenkin / Maven /Ant for build management
- Puppet / Chef for Configuration Management
- Nagios for monitoring / Splunk 6.0 for log management
Tools: FireScope DDM for Discovery Dependency Mapping / BMC ADDM Version 9.0 Atrium Discovery & Dependency Mapping / Configuration Management CMDB - ServiceNow / Paloalto, Checkpoint Firewall Policies Configuration / Brute Force / Splunk / CloudScape
SOLUTION ARCHITECT / SPOC / BISO
- Handled over 5000+ ORACLE, SYBASE and MS-SQL databases/servers for different mission critical applications. Single Point of Contact SPOC and Primary DBA PDBA for mission critical applications.
- Understanding of Business Architecture including identifying and decomposing business capabilities.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Responsible for environment standardization and Atomization activities. DC moves and upgrades
- Develop frameworks, standards and templates to strengthen architectural practices and ensure their proper and effective use with guidance and governance.
- Conduct due diligence on new technologies by defining and delivering limited scope “Proof of Concept” implementations.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security IAM/PCI, back-up, and recovery specifications using oracle / Ms-Sql / Sybase / PeopleSoft / MySQL / Oracle Apps / Cache/ Hana
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Ensure implementation is adhering to the specified design/established standards by participating in detailed reviews and providing feedback and approval.
- Provide guidance to product teams in determining and promoting re-use.
- Participate in and contribute to the development and maintenance of current and target state system architectures including identifying and recommending new or different technologies that will enhance current systems.
- Ensuring that all changes and other customer service requests are fulfilled timely and correctly.
- Leading problem resolution efforts and post-incident reviews.
- Setting up SOC / NOC based on the business requirements.
- Transformed new techniques in setting up control automation for HIPPA / PCI-DSS / SOX.
- Actively driven in DLP program.
- Member of BISO for all Citi Technology Infrastructure units on Information Security.
- Provide guidance to Database and Middleware engineering/operations staff to help meet information security requirements.
- Proactively engage the businesses to identify, document and drive remediation of excessive risks and non-compliant activities.
- Escalate significant risks to the Regional/Sector IS Leadership for information or action.
- Support implementation of Information Security Training Plan
- Demonstrate continuous improvement on all IS program by assessing and promptly reporting Corrective Action plan.
- Attend and participate in internal/external forums and risk committees where appropriate.
- Ensure that appropriate stakeholders are held accountable as to the state of their controls and that they understand their responsibilities as to risk mitigation and remediation.
- Ensure timely engagement and delivery on information security, business and/or technology initiatives and projects.
- Reduce security risks leveraging controls and minimizing weaknesses in our applications portfolio.
- Engage with Business Managers and business staff to ensure non-compliant items are addressed.
- Demonstrated experience of working with ITIL, ISO 27001 and processes and procedures, including document controls
Lead application development, Architect & Senior Oracle DBA
- Along with database architecting and design to meet the applications performance and customer load which includes Performance Tuning DB/Application code, Recovery and Administration, Setup SIT, UAT, PAT, COB and Production database for the Client ( Confidential ) in Montreal, Canada.
- Scoping, planning and managing small or routine projects within the IT environment.
- Provide training, mentoring and technical coaching to team members.
- Overall quality of Service Delivery for customer and for ensuring that superior levels of performance and customer service are achieved.
- Defined and managed the implementation of PCI DSS Security compliance.
- Supporting the DR activities. SunGard Availability Services
- Vulnerability management Includes security patching / new recommendations from Unix/Microsoft/Oracle/HW code upgrades etc.,
- Weekly / monthly Governance calls with customer
- Identifying, documenting and implementing process improvement metrics.
- Reporting and tracking of key operational performance metrics.