Confidentialis a seasoned governance, compliance, risk and data management consultant with more than 20 years of experiences and have completed multiple projects in CCAR reporting, Basel II/III analyses, credit rating, operational risk, model validations, dual time dynamic stress testing for current expected credit loss(CECL) analysis and accounting. His data management projects included operational risk dimensional data model design, defined and created data quality rules to ensure data integrity and consistency for regulatory reporting, imported and exported risk data for quantitative analyses and modeling.
Risk and Data Management Advisory Consultant
Confidential, New York
- Managed projects and provided advisory inputs to Confidential in identifying the implementation of DFAST and CCAR required by the regulators.
- Resolved clients' management, regulatory and compliance issues from the FRB by implementing appropriate advice, strategies and recommendations. Compared and analyzed clients’ internal risk management, compliance and control policies against FRB’s.
- Identified and classified domains, critical data elements and attributes, mapping data sources and documenting, developed KPIs for monitoring data quality issues, validated data quality issues through business rules to improve assessments for CCAR FR Y - 14A report scoping.
- Assisted authoring data governance and quality policies. Developed and monitored controls according to the CCAR compliance. Maintained, implemented and delivered data governance standard through corporate training. Assessed and reported data quality risk issues through corporate enterprise risk management processes. Assisted establishing the appropriate governance entities to oversee the policy of data stewartship practice across the organization,
- Managed, developed and implemented business, incorporated seven event types, six internal and external large data types, scenario stress analysis to operational risk , Schedule E, FR Y-14Q including risk dimensions data modeling, data capturing, analytical poisson regressions using SAS and results presented to FRB based on risk mitigations and managerial actions.
- Validated Confidential ’ internal models from the supervisory guidance and requirements from SR Letter 11-7.
- Analyzed, designed and implemented IFRS 9 analytical model for hedge accounting.
- Analyzed quarterly stress test results in reporting FR Y-14Q associated with baseline, adverse and severely adverse scenarios for clients' retail credit portfolios associated with the given macroeconomic variables by dual-time dynamics(DtD). Recommended and summarized results relating to CECL analysis and accounting, revenues, losses and costs with respect to retail, securities, trading, counterparty credit risk, operational risk in computing pre-provisional net revenue (PPNR) .
- Performed as a subject matter expert (SME) for global risk consulting in Basel II/III especially in model validation, credit rating and stress testing by dual time dynamics. Supported proposal and business development activities by identifying new target clients, building business relationships with key executives and major stakeholders in developing and presenting proposals and proposed project plans.
- Evaluated and enhanced credit rating systems and policies for risk governance and compliance requirements.
- Provided leadership and oversight to team members regarding deliverables, project plans, and performance management.
- Liaised with other service groups and work within teams to help ensure efficiency and deliver quality services. Managed work across organizational lines to achieve results, competing priorities and regulators' expectations.
Risk Management, Vice President
- Re-branded Confidential China Financial Services to book revenues and delivered projects based on new management and pipelines.
- Built and managed a team of 15 in consulting Basel II validations, managed cross culture and multi vendors market and credit risk projects totaling RMB50M, the team included subject matter experts (SME), architects and consultants.
- Identified, articulated and led the development of risk offerings for the China capital market. Directed the development and execution of strategies for the risk management business in China with specialization in PD/LGD modeling and credit card lifecycle management. Monitored, measured, evaluated to mitigate the identified key risk factors within stated tolerances under the functional direction of the clients.
- Worked with clients to strengthen the overall risk management framework to oversee key and emerging risk factors. Monitored, managed and accessed risk factors through data extrapolated from various sources. Anticipated economic, market and other associated factors to new business initiatives.
- Consulted clients in setting up an operational risk framework to collect and analyze historical data to forecast and report potential losses from key risk indicators (KPIs).
- Standardized processes within clients' risk organizational structures. Advised and implemented controls to improve efficiency and accuracy of existing processes. Built and rollouted new training efforts to address knowledge and practice gaps.
- Consulted clients in developing appropriate risk governance frameworks and appetites including committee and managerial functions, optimizing risk management culture to align with risk adjusted performance and growth objectives that included appropriate business continuity contingency plans, fraud prevention, security and delegations of authority frameworks in accordance to CBRC and CSRC guidelines. Identified opportunities and implemented strategies for improving risk management policies and processes.
- Built a robust sales pipeline of risk consulting projects and collaborated with other sales, practices and delivery leaders of the company. Led brand development in the China market and developed thought leadership in the local risk arena.
- Developed, maintained and managed good relationships with external vendors in order to leverage their strength to deliver clients' projects. Monitored the governance, compliance and performance measurement of external vendors.
Professional Services, Managing Director
- Managed 26 professionals to consult and implement Treasury, Asset and Liability Management (ALM), Basel II and Market Risk solutions to local banks and corporations. Led, coached, developed and mentored team members. Conducted performance reviews according to implementation life cycles and motivated the professional services team to achieve the managerial targets.
- Overseen and monitored RMB50 million annual professional services and licensing revenues and developed business plans and strategies to grow and diversify the current cash flows through streamlining operations and implementing China project management philosophy.
- Led clients' senior management through the development of a business architectural plan for the line of business. Evaluated and presented information that would facilitate effective and timely decision making and regulatory reporting through various Confidential 's products.
- Promoted cross and up-sales for multiple Confidential products within the existing clients. Helped sales and pre-sales teams establish long term relationships and solutions for local city commercial banks in Treasury, ALM, Basel II and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Selected and subcontracted external vendors in providing data solutions to the clients.
Senior Enterprise Risk and Data Managing Consultant
- Consulted major US and China banks to establish Basel II driven risk management framework with special focusing in credit risk mitigant techniques to control and manage credit risk included: reduced credit risk losses and credit value volatility, allocated economic capital across different lines of business and recognized obligor diversity and accurately captured credit instrument complexity.
- Developed and implemented the credit risk management framework associated with Basel II requirements for clients in revamping their credit review and risk analysis/processing, internal rating models with qualitative and quantitative validations including data qualities, reporting requirements, backtesting and benchmarking with discriminatory power, calibration and stability tests.
- Led in designing and implementing Basel II Pillar I credit risk requirements for internal rating systems which included Foundation Internal Rating Base (IRB) and Advanced IRB. Evaluated and enhanced clients’ existing internal rating systems in determining data such as a probability of default (PD), loss given default (LGD), and exposure at default (EAD). Recommended and replaced client’s small business credit scoring model for small and medium enterprise (SME) lending to FICO Score.
- Gathered and analyzed data from internal and external sources with SQL queries and provided recommendations for missing data and data quality issues.
- Accessed and modeled clients’ credit research data and information to solve complex credit risk problems. Helped clients define and reach their goals of effective credit risk management for Basel II Pillar II.
- Leveraged expertise and experience to manage the delivery of risk advisory solutions to leading clients’ projects focusing on credit processes, controls, models and operational transformations. Engagements were client-specific and designed to yield operational efficiencies, improve cash flows and reduce risk exposures.
- Monitored the development of advanced statistical models to be used in the ongoing refinement and expansion of the clients’ credit risk management process. Documented and validated developed methodologies with technical implementations.
- Implemented policies and procedures for an internal capital adequacy assessment process (ICAAP) as a part of business planning and risk identification processes to determine and allocate associated capital requirements. The ICAAP process was a seven-step approach to identify risk, set risk appetite, forecast financials, quantify risk, stress testing, aggregate and assess capital adequacy in order to achieve regulatory capital requirements and build the economic capital framework.
- Established comprehensive risk management frameworks to identify, measure, evaluate, monitor and mitigate all material risks and assess their overall economic capital adequacy associated with client’s risk profile. Provided well documentation and reasonable implementation of acceptable methodologies for Basel II Pillar III.
- Recommended and consulted clients in selecting methodologies such as Basic Indicator Approach (BIA), Standardized Approach, Advanced Measurement Approaches (AMA) to calculate Basel II required operational risk capital charges according to clients’ corporate strategies, sophistication and risk sensitivity.
- Developed project planning for full project life cycle of implementation including full analysis of business requirements, documenting and writing specifications. Determined the potential impacts of new capital requirements on the data collection, quality assurance, processing, storage, utilization and reporting. Implemented the template to produce periodic enterprise risk management managerial reports.
- Provided advisory services and assisted sales pitches to financial clients on market/credit risk management projects associated with Basel II Accord and an emphasis on risk methodologies, the methodologies combined traditional risk rating approaches and proprietary techniques, confirmed with the specifications and capital requirements.
- Managed 12 analysts to develop the goldlist of data elements from the areas of securitizations, interest rate swaps, foreign exchange, commodities, traded loans, repos and OTC derivatives to calculate the Basel II capital requirement by Confidential.
- Supervised a team of eight consultants that was responsible for Basel II Pillar III activities including business process requirements, functional specifications and technical design documentations. Conducted gap analysis between client’s business requirements and Basel II deliverables. Provided recommendations conformed to client’s strategy, market position, organizational structure, internal processes, policies, systems and financials. Ensured consistent definitions across all clients’ lines of business and capital allocation models were consistent with other businesses and met Basel II guidelines