- Certified Scrum Master with five years extensive working knowledge in leading multiple teams n various projects through SDLC using Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Safe. First - hand knowledge in the coaching, mentoring, and educating teams that are co-located, distributed and ffshore through different virtual platforms such as google hangouts, WebEx, Zoom, and Skype for business. Experience using several Agile project management tools like JIRA/ConfluenceRTC and Rally. Working knowledge of Kanban as well as strong knowledge on Lean and XP.
- Based on my prior work history as an Oracle Database Administrator, I possess the technical knowledge and skills to effectively lead a technical project.
- A committed team player with excellent facilitation and conflict resolution skills; with a proven ability to motivate, guide, train, and improve cohesion of project team members to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Analytical, enthusiastic and innovative Scrum Master and Systems Administrator with over 10 years of Information technology experience in Business analysis, Project Management and Business Development.
- Committed Lean Agile thinker with proven ability at driving and motivating the adoption of agile values and principles, removing impediments, fostering self-management and empowering teams.
- Served as a Scrum Master within multiple Scrum teams facilitating the transition from Waterfall Methodology to Agile.
- Results driven Servant-Leader with a focus on facilitating and coaching self-organized teams in effective and efficient deliverables.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and an excellent working knowledge of several agile frameworks like SCRUM, KANBAN, SCRUMBAN, XP and SAFe.
- Proven ability at driving and motivating the adoption of scrum rules, removing impediments, fostering self-management and empowering my team.
- Excellent technical command to work with Agile Project Management tools like JIRA, Confluence, Visual Studio and Rally.
- Strong ability/knowledge to work with both experienced and new agile teams, and to facilitate multiple teams simultaneously.
- Strong Problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and a superb ability to multi-task.
Methodologies: Waterfall. Agile
Processes: Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe.
Agile Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Visual Studio & Rally.
Office Tools: MS Word, Excel, HTML, Adobe, SharePoint & PowerPoint SDLC
Key Skills: Experience working with Co-located, Distributed and Offshore teams using different visual platforms as Google Hangouts, TrueConf & Skype for Business.
Other Skills: Agile/Scrum Coaching & Servant Leadership, Capacity Planning & Risk Mitigation Development, Conflict Resolution & Relationship Building.
Confidential - Mclean, VA
Agile Coach / Scrum Master
- Coaching Teams, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Managers and Executives on the Agile Methodology while serving as a guide on the implementation of Scrum and other Agile Frameworks.
- Wrote Agile FAQs, articles and success stories which were distributed via newsletter and posted on a SharePoint site to improve the Agile maturity level.
- Training teams to write good user stories, prioritize the work based on business value and handling of the tasks by the team. Placing substantial efforts on team member role training, time-boxing and providing strong metrics for all players.
- Coaching and Mentoring a cross functional team to deliver quality products which led to over 14% increase in revenue for the 2017/2018 financial year.
- Utilizing Agile Scrum practices to help the team increase their velocity by 63% within the first year of Agile adoption.
- Increase team collaboration, transparency and productivity to promote effective and early product release dates.
- Enforce Kanban usage significantly cutting cycle time by 25%.
- Placing substantial efforts on Team Member Role Training, Time-Boxing and providing strong Metrics for all Players.
- Facilitate all Scrum events to include Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Retrospective as well as Sprint Reviews.
- Bosting cultural change alongside other Coaches on plans and techniques for accelerating and advancing the organization's transformation.
- Facilitate the Product Backlog Refinement ceremony and ensuring continuous delivery of features to meet the need of the customer based on business value.
- Protecting Development teams from outside distractions, impediments or team conflicts, and maintain focus on Product Backlog and project timelines.
- Mentoring teams, leading them to be self-directed with strong accountability, decision-making, conflict resolution and transparency.
Confidential - Silver Spring, MD
- Coached multiple Scrum teams on the implementation of the agile methodology within their various departments with the goals of maximizing time management, improving accountability, reducing costs and adding value to individuals and interactions.
- Coached Product Owners and Teams on the Agile Methodology while serving as a guide on the implementation of Scrum values and incorporating the required pillars during our various scrum events.
- Key role in researching, gaining approval for, and then using tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Rally to support Scrum implementations successfully.
- Led strategic Release Planning and tactical Iteration Planning sessions.
- Facilitated Scrum events to include; Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective as well as Product Backlog Refinement.
- Mentored scrum team in understanding and enforcing their different roles within the team so to achieve project vision.
- Worked with the product owner to ensure that the product scope does not surpass the intended budget.
- Worked with Scrum teams to facilitate, educate and coach them on the Agile Manifesto to include the Agile values and principles.
- Educated and reinforced the Agile Methodology and scrum framework to Teams and Stakeholders.
- Increased team collaboration, transparency and productivity to promote effective and early product release date.
- Coach the team on working independently to achieve higher interaction and communication skills.
- Engaged Scrum teams in identifying and removing impediments within the team and organization.
Confidential - Framingham, MA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Successfully performed migrations from Oracle 10g/11g to 11gR2 RAC (Real Application) Database.
- Implemented Logical and Physical Standby Databases for RAC cluster on Sun Solaris platform using Data Guard feature of Oracle 11g R2.
- Successfully performed data replication using Materialized views and Oracle Streams in Oracle 11gR2.
- Cloned/Migrated databases using RMAN and traditional Data Pump export/import utilities in Oracle 11gR2.
- Implemented recovery strategies whenever required and successfully recovered databases in case database crash, media/disk failures by using RMAN.
- Scheduling the Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRON tab using RMAN utility and monitoring the scheduled jobs.
- Responsible for Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups and grant necessary privileges to the relevant groups.
- Constantly monitored the performance (V$ dynamic performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Used to run the scripts to check the status of databases such as growing table sizes, extent allocation, free space, used space, fragmentation etc.
- Used SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN utilities for optimizing and tuning SQL queries.
- Maintained the data integrity and security using integrity constraints and database triggers.