To obtain a position in healthcare management where my technical, organizational and interpersonal skills can be utilized and further developed.
Professional, self motivated individual with exceptional interpersonal and customer relationship skills; hard working, detail oriented with the willingness to exercise initiative, judgment and decision - making within the scope of assigned authority; extremely organized with assignments and time management; excellent written and oral communicator; proof reader. Ability to provide exceptional customer service and contribute creatively as a strong team member.
Advanced computer proficiency of Microsoft Office, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Windows, Confidential Call Management system, Confidential PCC including Admissions IRM and E-Discharge, Confidential Teletrack System, complete mastery of all technical office skills, including dictation and transcription; effective communicator, trainer and supervisor. Expertise in all aspects of large meeting and conference coordination/special event planning.
Director of Marketing and Admissions
- Recruited for lateral transfer to sister center to manage the center customer flow, and all aspects of the admissions process.
- This includes potential customer tours, the sales process, completion of admissions paperwork with patients/families, aggressive external marketing efforts to increase community identity and referral source base such as area hospitals, assisted living sites, group homes, physicians, social workers, discharge planners, and area senior centers.
- Successfully marketing newly opened 20-bed secured Memory Support Unit.
Patient Access Associate
- Position involves patient interaction (in person and via telephone) to obtain personal, clinical, and insurance information to create patient charts for upcoming hospital procedures.
- Monitoring hospital bed board to assign beds to patients being admitted from the Emergency Room and any direct hospital admissions.
- Extensive training for implementation of Confidential electronic bed tracking system (Teletracking) designed to improve the flow of hospital functions related to admission and discharge procedures.
- Coordination of weekend admissions to the Sleep Center which involves the pre-registration of expected evening admissions for sleep study patients.
- Coordination of Direct Admissions to hospital from other hospital for med/surg and psychiatric patients.
- Position requires the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all hospital personnel, all departments, and the general public.
- After an extended period of coverage in Admissions following ongoing staffing challenges, I volunteered to remain in the department full-time.
- In this role I provided joint coverage of the department, along with the Admissions Director.
- Duties included the execution of the admissions contracts, ordering and creation of all department marketing supplies needed for tour packets, contracts, outside marketing, new patient Welcome Bags.
- Provided tours to the families of prospective patients. Joint coordination of daily admissions activities to ensure smooth admission to the center for all new residents.
- Greeted all new admissions upon arrival and provided an overview of the center amenities and daily routines.
Guest Services Specialist
- Continued role of Gift Shop coordination/purchasing.
- Creation of Choice Menu system led to bi-weekly coordination of menu distribution and gathering of patient meal choices.
- Greeted all new admissions upon arrival and provided overview of center amenities and daily routines.
- Continued support of Admissions department as needed.
- designed to provide a managerial presence in the nursing center as the right hand of the Administrator to support the 3-11 clinical staff, assist with evening admissions, troubleshoot any issues involving staffing, patients, families and new admissions. A project-oriented role as assigned by the Administrator which included daily unit rounds, maintenance of all physician credentials, Confidential Chairperson, providing support to Admissions team, meet/greet all new admissions upon arrival and follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction, maintenance of center contracts, creation and maintenance of all center reference lists.
- Initiated the opportunity to attend Confidential Assistant training within Confidential and became which allowed me to provide clinical support, assist with resident care, and participate in the “Safe Resident Handling Program.”
- Role evolved and grew to include responsibilities involving the Confidential, working with the FSD to create an Employee Lunch Program and coordination of the resident lunchtime dining program and the dinner dining program for long term residents, planning of all employee appreciation weeks throughout the year, working with all departments to provide ongoing support with special projects/programs/resident events throughout the year. Involved with the start-up and maintenance of the resident-run Gift Shop following a major center renovation, and continue inventory needs.
- Have welcomed the opportunities for cross-training to cover other departments on interim basis, i.e. Admissions, Central Supplies, Recreation, interim Environmental Services Director for 2 months, Medical Records training, Unit Clerk coverage, Recreation, and Social Services coverage.
- Responsible for coordinating the admissions process and marketing program for a 99 bed center.
- Have mastered all aspects of admissions, including patient and family interaction, admissions contracts, working with the External Case Managers at the local hospitals to “Just Say Yes” and admit standard patients without center nursing involvement, building on current referral source relationships and creating new ones within the community.
- Creation and maintenance of a program to provide a “Welcome Bag” to each new patient as an ongoing internal marketing effort, which has since become a Best Practice at each Confidential center.
- Transferred to center in December, 2002. Responsible for coordinating new admissions to the center and growing the census.
- Responsibilities included managing the new customer flow, the admissions process and the marketing program for a 215-bed center.
- Successfully learned all aspects of the admissions process, admissions agreements, dialysis patient screening for on-site dialysis unit, screening patients for appropriateness for locked dementia unit, positive interactions with patients and families.
- Creation of new process involving telephone and television services on skilled unit. Recruitment and training of new Asst.
- Admissions Director who continues to work at the center as the current Admissions Director.
Care Line Coordinator
- Responsible for professionally coordinating all referrals/inquiries to the Confidential Network in a timely and seamless manner.
- Developed and maintained positive working relationships with referral sources and customers and effectively marketed Confidential services via a central referral line.
- Acted as a liaison between referral sources, Confidential Healthcare Centers, External Case Managers, and other Network and non-Network entities.
- Knowledgeable with medical terminology, insurance issues and the Confidential admissions process.
- Assigned to train all new coordinators to the Care Line.
- Provided support to President, Senior V.P. and four Regional Directors.
- Extensive workload that included heavy meeting coordination/both on and off-site, schedule maintenance, licensure/survey file maintenance for region, travel needs, production of bi-weekly census report, special projects as needed, large distributions, invoice coding, coordination of annual operations management conference.
- Creation and distribution of various regional lists/organizational tools, general support duties.
- Development and supported two other managers. Broad range of administrative responsibilities including preparation of project financing and Certificate of Need packages, meeting coordination, and calendar maintenance, travel arrangements, maintained complex filing system; the composition, transcription and typing of general correspondence, continued coordination of corporate vehicle system and phone system.
- Duties included maintaining business and personal calendar, coordination of extracurricular committees, travel arrangements, banking and personal secretarial duties.
- Directly supervised receptionist and mailroom clerk for corporate office.
- Responsible for screening and hiring clerical staff for financial department.
- Selected for training to become ROLM/IBM Phone System Manager to oversee installation and maintenance of new system which included user training, software changes, inventory maintenance, installation of phones and voicemail boxes.
- Other administrative responsibilities included coordination of corporate vehicle system, creation and distribution of office reference lists and organizational tools.
Project Accounting Clerk
- Division handled all financial activity for centers under construction.
- Duties included processing monthly mortgage payments, vendor list maintenance, general ledger/data input, bank account reconciliation, check runs for construction draws, accounts payable, generated accounting reports.
- Reported to V.P.-Development and supported three other managers.
- Successfully worked in a very high pressure, deadline oriented environment.
- Prepared financial packages for bank presentations and provided general administrative support.
- Broad range of responsibilities for a newly created department included procedural handbook maintenance, collection of overdue receivables, monthly billing preparation, manual compilation of departmental statistics (not yet computerized).