- Data Management & Warehousing | Business Intelligence Strategy | IT Infrastructure
- Compelling track record of organizational leadership with 17+ years of experience spearheading a broad range of corporate IT initiatives that meet comprehensive technology business objectives.
- Highly experienced at implementing enterprise - wide technologies, products and services with direct responsibility of building and leading high-performance cross-functional team members (50+).
- A technical advisor who has a strong ability to establish and maintain data management and governance best practices and standards while developing effective IT policies and procedures. Employs project management methodologies while adhering to technical and business specifications.
- An e ffective leader with an exemplary background of implementing data warehouse solutions, system architecture, and application infrastructure.
- A compelling ability to gain stakeholder buy-in to new ideas and concepts with a high achiever business acumen who has been commended by the company CIO for possessing a robust ability to remain up to date with emerging technologies. Seeking a role with new challenges and opportunities within a progressive organization.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Enterprise IT Infrastructure, Development & Management, Systems Architecture
- Project & Program Management
- Team & Staff Coaching & Mentoring
- Vendor Selection & Management
- C-Level Consulting
- Allocation of Resources
- Stakeholder Relationships & Collaboration| Business Intelligence Strategy & Solutions
- Large Scale Application Deployments
- System & Applications & Web Development
- Warehouse Building | Dimensional & Data Modeling
- Database Administration (DBA), Design & Management
- Server Administration | Analytics, Measuring & Reporting
Application Development: C#, Python)
ETL: SSIS, Python, Ab Initio (managed only, T-SQL)
Team Development: Planning, Recruiting, Process Development, Training Needs, Resource Allocation
BI Tools: Tableau, Cognos, Power BI, SSRS, OLAP
Server Management & Admin.: SQL Server, SSAS, SharePoint, Cognos, Windows Server, Tableau, IIS
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL PostgreSQL, Splunk, Teradata, Dimensional Modeling
Business Intelligence Group Manager
Confidential, Winchester, VA
- Responsible for all aspects of the enterprise Business Intelligence strategy and system architecture including management of the BI team comprising of Project Managers, BI Developers, Data Analysts, and Interns.
- Holds director level leadership in enterprise planning, budgeting, team growth, C-Level consulting, risk management and IT strategy.
- Supports users across multi-function departments: Finance, HR, Operations, Quality Assurance, EngineeringMarketing, Sales, and the Call Centers.
- Leads the comprehensive development of the enterprise data warehouse strategy.
- Grew the team from 2 - 8 and launched a company-wide initiative to define the enterprise data warehouse.
- Led the migration from Cognos to the Microsoft Stack resulting in 800% growth and a revenue savings of $1M year with 90% of all company data from all departments now residing in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (1200+ users).
- Subject matter expert (SME) developing dimensional modeling, utilizing BI Tools, and SQL Server Infrastructure as well as an extensive development of a real-time Dashboard interface for self-service deployment.
MIS Manager, BI Architect
Confidential, Hagerstown, MD
- Worked in collaboration with operations, led the recruitment and management of consultant staff to successfully meet the development of a departmental data warehouse and architecture.
- Managed the implementation of the entire environment using the Microsoft Stack.
- Gained a clear understanding of the systems and processes for the mapping of the requirements and the successful design of the dimension model. A key player in the development of a backend SQL Server Data Model and Web Services for a new web application saving the company $1M+ in licensing costs.
- Developed data warehouse solutions for sales and retention. Provided data analytics highlighting both successful and failing retention campaigns.
Confidential, Martinsburg, WV
- Held the role of developing a multifaceted marketing and advertising platform including Email, Text (SMS), Online Coupons, Social Media, and a printed direct mail magazine.
Business Intelligence Client Service Manager (Program Manager)
Confidential, Hagerstown, MD
- Maintained a budget of $2M with the responsibility for 50+ team consultants comprising of project managers, data modelers, report authors, and ETL developers.
- Implemented an automated self- service 15 source system leveraging Oracle, Teradata and Cognos resulting in $300K/year in FTE cost savings.
Development Manager / Team Lead / Senior Analyst
- Supervised a team of developers and business analysts (team of 8) including recruitment efforts and training. Implemented new SDLC processes to support Agile Development as well as management of large web applications. Utilized project management methodologies, analysis and reporting.
- Oversaw hardware and software server infrastructure, wrote and executed test scripts and developed and implemented a new CMS system to support case management for 100 concurrent users (over an 8-week period).
- Led the development of EDI transmission between Citibank and TransUnion. Oversaw operational systems to support new departments, automation, data management, application architecture, and SQL. Conducted business analysis including requirements gathering and testing support.