- 9+ years of combined experience in Information Technology Industry with expertise in design, development of Business Intelligence applications using Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Tableau and Data Warehousing tools.
- Extensive experience in Business Intelligence solutions using SAP Business Objects 4.1/XI 3.1, (Designer, Information design Tool, CMC, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Import Wizard, XI, Xcelsius, Dashboards, Live office), Crystal Reports 2008/2011/2013 and Tableau 9.1/9.3
- Experience with Tableau, Business Objects administration, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, creating ad - hoc reports and archiving reports along with performing User acceptance testing and data accuracy test.
- Experience in Installation and Configuration, creation of repositories and security domain with user groups and security implementation.
- Good experience in Data Warehousing technologies using Business Objects DataServices, Informatica Power Center 6.2/7.1/8.6/9.1/9.6 , IBM Infoshere/Ascential (Datastage 8.0.1, 7.5) Star Schema modeling, Snowflake Schema modeling.
- Strong working experience in the Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Data Warehousing using Data Extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL).
- Good Knowledge of Data warehouses and Business Data marts with Star Schemas and Snowflake Schemas.
- Experience in eliciting client requirements through survey, facilitation of meetings directly with users.
- Strong experience in writing Business requirement documents, Functional requirements, Use case documents and Software requirement documents.
- Extensive experience in tuning SQL queries and ETL processes.
- An enthusiastic and project-oriented team player with solid communication and leadership skills and the ability to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs.
Databases:: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , Apache Hadoop, Sybase, IBM Informix, MS Access, IBM DB2, SAP HANA
Tools: SAP Business Objects 4.1/3.1/ XIR3/R2 (Designer, Information Design Tool, WebI, Central Management Console, Dashboards, InfoView, Launchpad, Xcelsius, Live Office, Import Wizard), Tableau 9.1/9.3, Crystal Reports 2008/2011/2013 , DB Visualizer, QlikView, Lumira, OBIEE, SSRS
ETL: Ab Initio, Informatica, Business Objects Data services, Datastage, SSIS
Modelling Tools: erwin Data Modeler, VISIO
DW Methodologies: Data Warehousing Design, Data Modeling, Logical and Physical Design
Documentation Tools:: MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS POWERPOINT
Configuration Tools: TortoiseSVN, JIRA
Scheduling Tools: Tidal Enterprise Scheduler
Confidential, Bloomsburg, PA
Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
- Created business intelligence reports for business units such as Claims,, Finance, and Provider. Gathered business requirements and prepared application documentation.
- Created reports for the Finance teams to identify the potential groups (multiple members) that require reconciliation and follow up every month regarding the health insurance premium amounts.
- Designed complex reports in Business Objects using multiple tabs/data providers and heterogeneous universes. Created custom formulas in WebI reports and derived tables/ federated layers/ complex joins in the Universes.
- Tuned the performance of the existing reports and SQL queries and resolved the production incidents related to reporting applications. Peer reviewed the code of team members and provided feedback/ suggestions as needed.
- Incorporated Detail and Summary information tabs into the reports using the drill down functionality and input controls.
- Created interactive dashboards using Tableau and QlikView for senior leadership and maintained an application suite of dashboards and data extracts.
- Designed and developed Universes using single source and multi-source connections, created aliases and contexts to resolve loops and integrity issues. Created custom objects using SQL functions and custom hierarchies for self-service reporting.
- Developed a report to identify the overage dependents who will be turning 18 in a specific month, two months in advance. This report is used by the team to track changes to subscriber’s dependents and re-apply premiums as needed.
- Created customized schedules for the reports by passing multiple input parameters to the reports at run time thereby ensuring that only a single report is used to generate multiple instances.
- Developed reports in Crystal Reports using Custom SQL using multi-source connections and optimized the performance of the existing reports.
- Coordinated with ETL teams regarding the data loads and ensured the data quality and accuracy at multiple stages. Worked with database admins for the creation of custom DB objects needed for reporting.
- Created reports to identify errors within business processes, based on specific criteria, for the teams to identify and correct the claims and data.
- Migrated code to multiple environments as per standard procedures and in coordination with Admins and migration team. Provided post- production support for reporting applications.
Environment: Business Objects 4.1 (Information Design Tool, WebI, Business View manager), Crystal Reports 2013, Tableau 9.3, Microsoft SQL Server 2014, Oracle 11g, Apache Hadoop, Informatica PowerCenter 9.6, Facets 4.3, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Service Now, Sharepoint, Microsoft Visio.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
- Designed and developed 70+ scheduled and on-demand reports using Tableau, Crystal Reports 2008/ 2011 for multiple subject areas including but not limited to, Accounting, Billing, Claims, Capitation,, Payments and Networks and Customer Service.
- Created BO Universes using Designer and Information Design Tool involving custom hierarchies, contexts, aliases, derived tables and calculated fields.
- Provided maintenance and support services for reporting applications.
- Created KPI reports, visualizations and Dashboards using Tableau and published to Tableau server.
- Tuned the performance of the existing report SQL queries having multi-joins, in-line and multiple sub-queries to improve the performance of the reports by significantly reducing the report run time.
- Created complex reports using SQL commands, multiple data sources (DB and CSV files), combination of static and dynamic cascading prompts, formulas, calculated fields and sub- reports.
- Created ad hoc reports for the business users from multiple units.
- Created Stored Procedures to compare the data from multiple sources and loaded the data into custom tables.
- Coordinated with Batch Engineering teams in the development of jobs, automation of processes, scheduling jobs and setting up file/ input dependencies.
- Led the team of 4 on-site/offshore developers and designed the reporting architecture including relational, dimensional databases, data marts as data providers.
- Worked simultaneously on multiple project assignments by prioritizing the tasks and triaging the issues.
- Provided maintenance and support to the existing reporting applications. Successfully implemented change requests for defects and service requests for enhancements to existing functionality.
- Resolved production data issues by analyzing: 1. Data flow at multiple stages 2.Informatica ETL workflows and 3. Source Qualifier queries.
- Facilitated meetings with business users/ business analysts and prepared system use cases and design documents. Conducted working sessions with data architects, systems analysts to ensure 100% traceability between requirements and design.
- Provided to the business users and knowledge transition to operations support teams.
Environment: Tableau 10.3, Business Objects 3.1/ 4.1, Crystal Reports 2008/2011, Designer, Information Design Tool, WebI, Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server, Toad, SQL Developer Dashboards (Xcelsius), Tableau, Lumira, Informatica PowerCenter 9.1/9.6, Tidal Enterprise Scheduler, Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Visio, TortoiseSVN, JIRA, Sharepoint, Facets, HP Application Lifecycle Management.
Confidential, Springfield, IL
Sr. Business Objects / Tableau Developer
- Gathered the requirements from the business users, analyzed the requirements and created a data model to be used for the development of Reports . Participated in ICD-10 project meetings with Project lead, Business Analyst and Business users to implement the new reporting system.
- Developed daily, weekly and monthly reports using Tableau for the clinical reporting system used by Primary Health and Mental Health centers.
- Extracted the data from multiple data sources and created KPI reports for performance evaluation
- Designed and developed the Reports for various reporting systems of the state agency including Business Objects and Tableau.
- Created multiple custom tables using custom SQL and PL/SQL procedures to implement the proposed security logic and data providers for the reports.
- Creation of the appropriate security user groups to manage permissions to the target audience.
- Implemented Row-level security restricting the users by medical facility (Development Centers, Mental Health Centers) they have access to.
- Actively worked on around 135 reports in the clinical reporting system of Confidential and implemented several major fixes that improved the performance of the reports.
- Successfully implemented the security model from the Business Objects Environment. The old reporting system used IBM Resource Access Control Facility (RACF).
- Proposed the changes from Database end to get the users’ Active Directory IDs into the database and managed the credential mapping using the Admin tool.
- Proposed and implemented the Windows Active Directory (AD) security model for the new environment by creating Bridge Table to act as the security look-up table in order to implement the row-level security. Incorporated the ‘BOUSER’ variable is into the security logic from the Business Objects Environment.
- Played a major role in implementing the changes to prompts, formulas and groups used in the reports and improved the overall performance of the reports.
- Provided to analysts, end users about the Tableau report functionality, projects, workbooks and dashboards.
Environment: Tableau 10.1, Business Objects 3.1 X1 R2/ 4.0, Crystal Reports 8, 2008, Business Objects InfoView, Information Design Tool, SSRS, Tableau, MS SQL Server, WebI, IBM- DB2, SQuirreL SQL client, Dashboards (Xcelsius), Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Visio.
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
Sr. Business Objects/Crystal Reports Developer
- Reviewed Business requirement documents from business analysts and prepared functional specification documents and completed the report application development.
- Create/Modify/Troubleshoot Report issues in Webi and Crystal reports.
- Enhancements/Troubleshoot Universe issues using Designer.
- Migrated Universe/reports/folders/groups/Users using Import Wizard across platforms.
- Create and add users/Groups from Active directory and Enterprise Authentication.
- Troubleshoot production issues like slow running reports, bounce servers when required, hung threads issues etc.
- Create new ODBC Connections and deploy them in all Intelligence & Processing tiers.
- Involved in documenting the changes to the universe and reports functionality
- Created various simple and complex reports using drill down, filters and alerts.
- Developed reports using Complex SQL queries (Add Command), Stored procedures and using Tables.
- Designed and developed Crystal Reports such as Parameterized Reports, Cross tab Reports based on base tables, views, involving Formulas, Sub Totals, Running Totals, and Sub Reports.
- Developed various types of Charts and Graphs like Bar Chart (Side by Side, Stacked), Line Graphs, Pie Charts, etc by using Chart expert of Crystal Reports and Web intelligence.
- Extensively used Formula fields, parameter Fields, Group Selection and Record Selection in Crystal Reports.
- Designed Crystal reports for daily and monthly reports.
- Created hyperlinks to link between reports
- Designed KPI reports using various Components, Charts, Calendar using Xcelsius.
- Extensively used QaaWS to query from Universes.
- Excellent knowledge of reports creating Web I reports through Parameter or the reports field.
Environment: Crystal 11, Business objects XI 3.1,4.0, Info View, Business Objects Designer, BO Web Intelligence 3.1, Windows, SQL Server 2008, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius, QaaWS, CMC, MS OFFICE, Visio, JIRA, Subversion.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Business Objects/Crystal Reports Developer
- Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Installed and configured business Object Suite of products.
- Implemented Publishing Wizard and Import Wizard for migration of reports.
- Designed Universes using Business Objects Designer.
- Created Joins, Contexts and Aliases for resolving Loops and checked the Integrity of the Universes.
- Created Scorecard reports using Desktop Intelligence functionalities like Combined Queries, Drill Down, Functions, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulas.
- Organized data in the reports by inserting Groups, Filters, Sorting, Ranking and highlighting the data using Alerters.
- Generated Reports using the Universe as the main Data provider and using the personal data files provided by the users and Free-hand SQL as data provider.
- Extensively used multiple data providers for building reports.
- Extensively used Crystal Xcelsius to build Dashboards and Scorecard presentation.
- Designed and developed Crystal Reports like Cross Tab Reports, Top N Reports for highlighting significant data, summary reports with drill-down capabilities.
- Worked with JasperSoft Studio and Jasper Reports in migrating reports to Crystal Reports.
- Developed and monitored tasks and workflows using Datastage Director.
- Designing and developing Master controlling sequencer jobs using the DataStage Job Sequencer.
- Prepared user document and involved in hand on for the users
- Migrated few BO reports and universe from BO XI R2 both full client and thin client to BO XI 3.0.
Environment: SAP Business Objects XIR3/R2 (Designer, Web Intelligence, InfoView, Rich Client, Desktop Intelligence) Crystal Xcelsius, Crystal Report XIR2, IBM Infoshere/Ascential (Datastage 8.0.1, 7.5), Toad, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Dashboard Manager, Windows XP.
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL
Business Objects/Crystal Reports Developer
- Development of the Advance Clinical Systems using webI Reports
- Development of Business Objects Universes, which suits the standard, analytical and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Created Cardinalities, Contexts, Joins and Aliases for resolving loops and checked the integrity of the universes.
- Developed complex reports that involved multiple data providers, cross tabs, bar charts, pie charts, complex variables and calculation contexts.
- Worked on Query Panel, prompts, report layout and Re-formatting.
- Worked on Xcelsius for interactive Dashboards for analysis of Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly data.
- Generated analytical reports using Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae features.
- Involved in optimizing the universe developing time and SQL tuning to increase the query performance.
- Involved in creation of filters, @prompts and setup hierarchies for Multidimensional Analysis.
- Involved in troubleshooting the visualizations for various problems faced during data connectivity.
- Applied sections, breaks, calculation, report filters and query filters and displayed the information in different blocks.
- Data validation has been done for various sources to target mappings.
- Design the technical documentation for Source to Target Mappings.
- Created Business Objects Repository while building Business Objects solution and Created and tested classes and objects to organize the Universe.
- Published and scheduled Business Objects Reports to users using broadcast agent to run the reports automatically.
- Performed Unit Testing, System Testing and Performance testing for each report
- Use HP Open View Service Center client 6.2 Tool for tracking/open Incidents, RM, RFCs and work on them on priority and timely delivery
Environment: Business Objects XI R2, Web Intelligence, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports XI, T-SQL, SQL SERVER 2008, HP Open View Service Center 6.2, Informatica 7.1.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Business Objects Developer
- Involved in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Gathering requirements from users and designing reports as per the business requirements.
- Installed and Configured Business Object suite products.
- Responsible to document changes to the User requirements, Universe Design and Report functionality.
- Responsible to design and create new universes using the Designer module.
- Responsible to make changes to existing universes according to the changes in the User requirements.
- Use of Designer module to implement Universes, linkages between tables, creating prompts, parsing the Universes, applying contexts and alias tables to remove cyclic dependencies.
- Defined Classes, Objects in the Universe, defined Cardinalities, Contexts, Joins and Aliases and resolved loops in Universes using Table aliases and contexts.
- Responsible for creating interactive dashboards by using Crystal Xcelsius.
- Extensively used Live Office and Query as a Web Service (QaaWS).
- Creation of reports like, reports by product, reports by customer, reports by period, demographic reports and comparative reports.
- Extensively used calculations, variables, breaks, sorting, drill down and alerts for creating Business Objects reports.
Environment: SAP Business Objects XIR3/R2 (Designer, Web Intelligence, InfoView, Rich c lient, Desktop Intelligence) Crystal Xcelsius, Crystal Report XIR2, Datastage 8.0.1, Toad, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, Teradata, DB2, Dashboard Manager, Windows XP.
Business Objects/ Crystal Reports Developer
- Involved in gathering the requirements from end users to create reports
- Designed and created the Business Objects Universes.
- Created contexts and aliases for resolving loops in the Universes.
- Use of Business Objects Designer module to implement Universes, linkages between tables, creating prompts and queries, parsing the Universes, applying contexts and alias tables to remove cyclic dependencies.
- Modify/Create new Business Objects Deski/Webi reports and universes.
- Implemented security features of Business Objects like row level, object level and report level security.
- Creation of different types of reports, such as: Master/Detail, Cross Tab and Chart (for trend analysis). Use of filters, conditions, calculations, etc.
- Creation of reports like, reports by product, reports by customer, reports by period and comparative reports.
- Created various static and ad-hoc reports using drill down/up, slice and dice, breaks, filters and alerts.
- Remedy Ticket Support for Business Objects and Crystal reports for Production Environment.
- Written PL/SQL programs on Oracle Database. Performed performance tuning.
- Extensively used Crystal Xcelsius to build Dashboards and Scorecard presentation.
- Created interactive excel dashboards and charts and graphs, created scorecards, metric analytics with Crystal Xcelsius.
- Migration of universes and documents from one environment to another.
- Presentation of the advanced features of Business Objects to users and developers to enable them to develop queries and reports easily.
Environment: Business objects XI R2, Crystal Reports, SQL Server 2000, DB2, SQL, Remedy, Windows NT, Oracle 9i, MS OFFICE, Informatica, Toad, HTML, Apache Tomcat, ERWIN, PVCS, and Manual Testing