- ETL Lead with 12+ years of extensive experience; worked independently & led teams in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of data processes of moderate - to-large size and complexity.
- Sound knowledge of Risk & Compliance, Regulatory Reporting, BFS & Insurance domains and extensive experience as Lead ETL developer and designer primarily with Ab Initio toolset.
- Proficient in design and development of all data warehousing components e.g. source system data analysis, ETL strategy, data staging and data migration strategy.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with demonstrable experience identifying bottlenecks in existing database / ETL processes.
- Capable of looking across the entire business model to develop and promote a strategic vision of the data environment as well as deep-dive into detailed data analysis and data mapping / data profiling exercises.
- Strong working knowledge of data-modelling skills, with a solid understanding of entities and relationships.
- Extensive experience working with various databases: SQL Server 2007/2008, Oracle and Operating system UNIX. Exposure to data modelling tools: MS SQL Server databases & scheduling tools: Ab Initio Control Centre & Autosys.
- ‘NSE s’ in Financial Markets.
- Self-starter, quick learner and comfortable in high intensity and challenging work environment.
ETL tools: Ab Initio (GDE V3-2-2/V3-1-7-4/V1-15-7/ V1-14-7, EME, Co-opsys) used with UNIX and Oracle.
Scheduling Tools: Ab Initio Control Center & Autosys
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server 2008
Programming Languages: LINUX Shell scripting, SQL
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Working closely with the business users as an onsite SME to understand the business requirements and converting them into project level technical capabilities.
- Performing application infrastructure requirement gathering, assessment & estimation of required resources for providing modern & efficient infrastructure services and execution of program.
- Identifying opportunities in business processes, system capabilities and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement, culminating into direct cost savings.
- Extensively working in performance tuning of program, ETL procedures and processes.
- Designing and developing test plans for ETL unit testing and integration testing.
- Updating the status and planning the releases through scrum meetings.
- Coordinating with offshore team and providing inputs, conducting daily scrum calls, and resolving road-blocks.
- Enforcing the quality standards and guidelines for project planning, execution, testing & configuration management.
- Involved in full life cycle development including Design, ETL strategy, troubleshooting reporting, and identifying facts and dimensions.
- Interact with Business Analysts to collect & understand requirement and to present the solution architecture, develop Ab- Initio graphs and plans based on the BRD (Business Requirement Documents)
- Create Technical Design Document, release note and deployment steps for migration to SIT/PROD
- Provide walkthrough to UAT team, create jobs in ‘Ab Initio Control-Centre’ and migrate to higher environments.
- Write scripts to create reusable datasets, remove headers from the source files and move to landing directory.
- Worked as a key member in On-site/Off-shore Team, mentored other ETL Developers.
Ab Initio Consultant
- Interacted with Business Analysts to gather, understand & refine requirement and presented the solution architecture, developed Ab Initio graphs & plans based on the BRDs.
- Created technical design documents and provided walkthrough to client and testing team.
- Graph development and enhancements, perform Unit testing using Autosys scheduler, creation of Autosys jobs and performing code reviews.
- Created scripts to minimize the failures due to code synchronization issues among different open EME branches.
- Converted huge SQLs that contains many unions and joins to Ab Initio graphs as part of performance improvement plan and to enhance readability and maintenance of code.
- Actively promoted and participated in process improvement. Was part of ‘architecture review team’ and assisted in development of processes and applications.
Ab Initio Consultant
- Collaborated with the architects, solution designers, business analysts and company executives in order to determine the software's technical direction, system design and implementation plan.
- Designed, developed and managed processes, tools and workflows using Ab Initio.
- Conducted unit testing and provided support to testing teams.
- Partnered with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for optimization and expansion of environments.
Senior Software Engineer
- Served as technical SME in all phases of system life cycle (gap analysis, design, develop, implement)
- Designed and developed extract, transform, and load (ETL) mappings, procedures, and schedules, following the standard development lifecycle.
- Interacted with client business & IT stakeholders to understand, analyse and complete daily CRs, coded Ab Initio graphs, & monitored the jobs running on production & UAT through Autosys.
- Served as project team liaison with business partners to analyse the impact of new requests and business process changes on existing systems and processes.
- Interacted with source programmers for business understandings, test plan creation and data validation of various input data files through the generic conditioning graph.
- Performed negative testing by tweaking the input data as per the transformations.