Highly accomplished executive, influencer and strategic thinker with outstanding technology and business acumen, driving innovation and profitable advancements. Passionate about technology with a broad background and proven track record in creating simple scalable business solutions, defining parameters, identifying resources, and developing talent. Strong team leader and problem solver with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Architecture / Solution Development / Big Data
- App Dev, Data, Digital, Infrastructure & Security
- Core System Transformations / Cost Optimization
- Innovation / Technology Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Global Data Center / Shared Services Management
- Team Building / Employee Development
Confidential, North Chicago, Illinois
Head of Enterprise Technology Development
- Emerging Technology - Digital / Innovation / Disruptive Tech Roadmap including Enterprise Data Platform/Operations, Low Code development, Wearables/IoT, RPA, AR/VR, Chatbots, BlockChain
- Global Data - developed a centralized Enterprise Data Management Platform (EDP) for Confidential ’s global business teams on to a common data platform in support of Real-World Data (RWD), GPU / High Performance Computing and Translational Medicine - including AI/ML, Data Science/Informatics, Data Operations Services
- Support for Discovery, R&D, HEOR, Manufacturing, Imaging, Pharmacovigilance, and Commercial.
- Drove time to insight from 7-10 days per study down to hours.
- Enterprise Integration - Enterprise / Cloud Service Bus, Microservices, IoT, SCM, Connected Manufacturing
- Infrastructure Managed Service Provider Transition - RFP through Transition - Higher Quality / Automation
- Enterprise Automation Initiative - RPA CoE (>$10M annual savings), UX End to End Monitoring / Self-Healing.
- DevOps CoE - Bimodal development center supporting both Validated Style & Agile Development Methods
- Secure Computing (Project Irongate) Initiative - Micro segmentation/Border, Advanced AV, Threat AI
- ERP - SAP ECC to S/4 HANA Upgrade Program including transition from SAP BW -> Data Lake Analytics
- Agile EA/Governance - Rebooted EA governance to scale to Global Confidential, driving the centralization to common platforms, creating transparency in the business and driving cost optimization.
- ARB - Enterprise Standards/Repository, Defined/Aligned Business Roadmaps
- Portfolio Optimization - Align Global footprint to use of common platforms
- Project Quantum - Digital Infrastructure Transformation - Led Confidential ’s Infrastructure organization to Agile, Software Defined, Cost Effective organization with adoption of new Digital Technologies including:
- Future Platform - Cloud, SD-WAN, O365, Hyper Converged Computing, CNF model.
- M&A Portfolio - 13 M&A’s - including -Allergan Due Diligence (IT/ERP), Integration, Transition Office
- IT Financial Management / Vendor Management to streamline our key Service and Technology partnerships
- Developing Talent - Created an enterprise wide Technical track for Data Scientists, Architects and Engineers
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
Chief Data Officer / Chief Technology Officer
- Led Business Finance Transformation Program which streamlined the Finance Organization by 60% ($14M), leveraging “Bots”/Automation, System Transformation (Blackline, Hyperion Planning, Oracle GL) - EA
- Claims Transformation program to drive $85M in run rate benefit (Architecture/Process Re-Engineering)
- Corporate Data Transformation - Data Driven Culture from Ad-hoc spreadsheet to PowerBI/Tableau Reports/Dashboards/Mobile to allow the company to drive the business with Information instead of Data
- Big Data Lake Architecture leveraging HDInsights, AzureML/Watson/R Analytics, Underwriting ML
- Developed Enterprise Technology Strategy / Architecture Roadmap - Application Rationalization, Standards, Governance, Middleware (SOA) ($4.2M Hard dollar savings in first 6 months)
- Cloud / Data Center Strategy - Tech Modernization including O365 Collaboration Platform - Rollout to 4500 users worldwide, Driving Transformational Behavior for new ways to work, Secure Access Anywhere saving $2.7M/yr
Confidential, Glenview, Illinois
Chief Technology Officer, Global Shared Services
- Served as Lead for 2 acquisitions and 1 divestiture totaling ~$3B, including full lifecycle/TSA.
- Led cost optimization to bring IT <1% of sales with >$8M+/year OPEX reduction through system upgrades, system consolidation, contract optimization, software license management and driving productivity gains.
- Chief Architect / Driver of the multi-year infrastructure, systems transformation and digitization program.
- Implemented cloud computing, new java eCommerce/Mobile System B2B and B2C, Sales POS, new Warehouse Management System, Enterprise SOA, Big Data Pricing, Virtualized Computing, Office 365/ Mobile (from Notes), HR and core infrastructure upgrade. Foundation for 2017 Oracle ERP Supply Chain.
- Innovation in IoT, Big Data, Cognitive (Watson and Cortana Algorithms), Cloud.
- Technology Governance & Standards, SDLC Governance Processes, Secure Applications/ Cloud Security and compliance to regulation and country standards (i.e. UK Privacy Shield/PCI, SOCII).
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
- First to market end to end Mobile Telematics Solution.
- Won support to be the Confidential telematics solution.
- Participated in ACORD Telematics Standard Working group, multiple publications.
- Helped multiple insurers redesign their analytics design to leverage Big Data methods and stream technology (Telematics on Mobile) to create novel product enhancements.
- Developed multiple 5-year technology roadmaps / strategies for top insurers, including enterprise and infrastructure architecture transformation.
- Enterprise Architecture, Information Security, Solution Design, Application and Big Data Architecture.
Confidential, Northbrook, Illinois
Chief Solution Architect and Innovation Leader
- Led the Confidential Transformation and developed the Confidential Blueprint.
- Drove Simplification/Portfolio Optimization, resulting in over $100M/year cost savings.
- Led Confidential Innovation R&D group, including claims innovation, mobile, telematics (auto, home, health), consumer, driverless car.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Allstate Private Cloud - Centralized Insurance Integration Hub which created the Allstate Insurance Exchange.
- Served as Chief Architect for various programs.
- Claims System Transformation, a mission-critical and enterprise-wide consolidation of claims processing systems, supporting over 50,000 users netting $150M in realized benefits.
- Consumer Focused Reinvention Program (CFR) - a multichannel alignment. Implementation of CRM solution - 1 view, work item management and integrated customer services (MDM/Customer Hub).
- Developed direct channel capability revamp inclusive of the development of new brand, product, marketing and technology. Led to acquisition of Esurance.
- Online multiproduct quoting, self-service claims, mobile app and complete rewrite of the customer care system. Implemented Integrated Identity Management.
- Led Architecture for merger and acquisition, including the $1B Esurance acquisition.
- Served as IT Champion for IP and point person for technology legal defense.
- Led the implementation of Secure Development Methodology and TOGAF ADM.
- Developed an enterprise-wide application development framework and SDLC for .Net and J2EE.
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
Principal Enterprise Architect and Security
- Developed novel electronic loan signing model that was used by the National Notary Association.
- Developed long term technology roadmaps.
- Served as Insurance Enterprise Architect and Solution Designer.