Proficient in SQL, SQL Reporting Services, NextGen EMR and EPM, SSIS Packages, SSMS administration, Stored Procedures, Data Extraction - Transformation-Loading (ETL), Data Mapping, Revenue Cycle Data Analysis, Clinical Data Analysis, Quality Assurance Testing, Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visual basic, C++, Java, HTML, Scheme, JDBC, C, Precision Business Intelligence (PBI), FlowCast, GroupCast, Athena, AllScripts, Great Plains, GE Centricity, LightSwitch
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Setup Reporting Environment in SSRS
- Handled requirement gathering from various ministries.
- Built a flexible reporting solution to accommodate the different ministry’s needs.
- Helped optimize and automate various processes.
- Worked to stabilize and extend the process of detecting and sending daily changes in insurance member coverage as well as extending the metadata driven data warehouse to accommodate more reporting scenarios.
- Was responsible for the process that detected all the changes in member coverage packaged it in XML and sent it securely to the client. Automated and optimized many parts of this process to run smoother and more accurately.
- Ran daily calls with the client to get feedback and address any issues.
- Built out the reporting data warehouse to support additional reporting scenarios including file and granular error tracking.
- Neiman Marcus
- Worked as a DBA creating SQL database environments to support new applications
- Configured and supported the applications through testing and deployment.
- Collaborated with other teams to coordinate downtime and issue resolution.
- Garza Program Management
- Built report reporting database in Access to allow for reporting and creating estimates.
- Built load process to load estimate data and then return the final estimate to send to clients.
- Credit Protection Association
- Worked independently to eliminate SSIS project backlog, including downloading UPS tracking files and updating item tracking status within their application as well as well as various process optimization tasks.
- ALM First Financial
- The client had a need to uncouple linked data sources throughout the network, optimize existing code bases by removing synonyms, creating indexes and primary keys, removing sub queries and rebuilding joins. Also they needed to consolidate code that was spread between SQL Server, Excel Macros, queries stored on individuals’ computers and the front end reporting server software. They needed this while staying as flexible as possible. I built a Data warehouse - DataMart solution to deliver one independent data source driven by the Data Warehouse so that all the customizations are independent of the warehouse allowing for its reuse as the single source of truth throughout the organization and providing for centralization of the code base. Along with the optimizations this significantly improved network and database performance across the company, and provided more accurate and faster access to data in the front end site, as well as simplifying or removing some manual processes. Finally it added a single data source that not only contained the data they needed, but also much more besides which allowed them to report on data they previously couldn’t added significant value and flexibility.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Team Lead for Enterprise Database Services, responsible for delivering all overnight loads and data feeds throughout the company.
- Extensive work in SSIS and SQL Management Studio handling ETL of data from different business and clinical systems including GroupCast, FlowCast, GE Centricity, Great Plains accounting system, Next Gen, AllScripts, and Athena. Also automated various processes companywide using SQL queries, Excel macros, and batch commands.
- Delivered reporting and automation through SSIS, SSRS, and Precision Business Intelligence for clinical and billing data.
- Lead project to automate revenue and statistical calculation and load during month end close.
- Lead a project to automate revenue and statistical General Ledger entries for 7 different client markets which resulted in cutting month end close from 6 days down to 2.
- Was responsible for gathering business requirements, technical architecture, and leading the development team that delivered the final solution.
- Architected and built a client agnostic Organizational Hierarchy that mapped accounting and finance data for over 5000 providers in 4 different PMS systems to 3 different accounting systems, as well as power monthly End of Month reports.
- Built Mapping maintenance processes that delivered weekly reports to each market that allowed them to map new providers from the Practice Management System(PMS) to the General Ledger system (GL) as well as completely manage all aspects of the provider associated with end of month accounting processes.
Confidential, Plano, TXDatabase Administrator
- Lead the Revenue Cycle and Clinical Business Intelligence team for all of the Physician Services clients at Confidential .
- Develop advanced SQL code for the more detailed projects in our group.
- Recommend and implement processes to assist in business intelligence report development.
- Analyze and map data from various sources.
- Administer the reporting server.
- Administer scheduled batch jobs that update data from our clients.
- Document and archive requirements from clients for BI reports.
- Mentor other team members in SQL.
- Develop ad-hoc revenue cycle and clinical reports for Oakwood Health Systems out of the Nextgen EPM and EMR
- Work closely with Oakwood staff to develop custom memorized clinical reports directly accessible to doctors in the Nextgen EMR.
- Develop ad-hoc revenue cycle and management reports for Insight Radiology Clinics out of the homegrown data warehouse.
- Gather requirements, coordinated development and maintained Anticipated Net Collections report which Oakwood uses to determine what each doctor should be paid.
- Work closely with Insight Revenue cycle staff to develop reports that increased efficiency of off shore resources.
- Map and validate data from Nextgen for a reporting data warehouse PBI.
- Develop, automate, and support custom ad-hoc reports for multiple healthcare clients: Pivot Healthcare, Pickaway Health systems, Valley Medical Center, Methodist of Houston, and internal Confidential revenue cycle teams.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Gain Working Knowledge of Confidential solutions from end to end
- Created and analyzed data, through custom SQL reports, with mangers evaluating team performance
- Participated in Network Solution design sessions
Confidential, Plano, TX
Middle-ware & web Administration Internship
- Gathered a general working knowledge of the organization
- Created ad-hoc SQL reports to helped oversee and organize configuration data for multiple server support teams.
- 1st place winner Confidential Strategic Case Study Competition 2007
- Worked extensively with Windows & Mainframe support teams
- Responsible for OS builds and network configuration for the Windows system admin team.
- Quickly completed data gathering phase for reorganization project, which required data collection and processing for all computer equipment in 4 raised floor environments, bringing the project from yellow to green.