- Over 8 years professional experience as a MS SQL Server (2012/2008R2/2008/2005) /Business Intelligence developer in designing and developing T - SQL queries, ETL packages, and business reports using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Microsoft BI Suite (SSIS/SSRS) and Tableau.
- Proficient in T-SQL, Query Optimization, Normalization, Creation of Views, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Stored Procedures, CTE’s using dynamic-queries, subqueries and joins.
- Highly knowledgeable of various Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Scrum and deployment environments including DEV, QA, and PROD.
- High proficiency in creating, documenting, and deploying ETL packages under both Package Deployment Model and Project Deployment Model using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to load data from homogenous and heterogeneous data sources into data warehouses and data marts.
- Proficient in data cleansing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse. Use ETL packages to apply control flow tasks (For Loop, For Each Loop, Execute SQL task) and data flow tasks using various transformations (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Look up, Derived Column, Merge, Union all).
- Skilled in implementing initial data loading by Bulk Insert Task, Fast Load, and Bulk Copy Program as well as incremental data loading by techniques such as Slowly Changing Dimensions and Change Data Capture.
- Profound understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouse including OLTP/OLAP, Dimension/Fact tables, Top-down/Bottom-up models, Star/Snowflake schemas.
- Expertise in designing and developing Dimensions, KPIs and Cubes in SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).
- Proficient in designing and developing complex reports such as Sub-Reports, Parameterized Reports, Drill-Down Reports, Drill-Through Reports, and Snapshot Reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Well versed in implementing Data blending, Replace references, customized queries and advanced visualizations in Tableau.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills communicating effectively to accomplish all project deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2017/20142012/2008 R2/2008/2005, MySQL, Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, MS Access, Snowflake
ETL: Server Integration Service (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Data Quality Services, AWS S3, SNOWFLAKE PIPE, Alooma
Data Warehouse/OLAP: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Reporting: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel 2016/2013/2007, Tableau 10/8, Power BI
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, MATLAB, Python
Development Platforms: Visual Studio 2017/2015/2010/2008, SharePoint 2017/2013/2010
Project Management: JIRA, Team Track, Microsoft Project, Visual studio Team Service.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Business Intelligence Engineer (Oracle/Snowflake/Alooma/AWS S3/Cognos/Tableau)
- Collaborates with business users, anticipating their needs in order to develop and/or analyze BI end-user requirements that will fulfill the business need.
- Evaluates feasibility of business requirements from a technical perspective to derive software designs and performance solutions.
- Designs and develops data models that are intuitive for other developers as well as power users to consume (self-service).
- Identifies root causes of complex issues with data quality and other related issues.
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to track a data element from source to transformation to target.
- Design, implement, execute and debug manual test cases using a variety of testing techniques.
- Designs, codes, and documents new software or enhances existing software and integrates into new or modified systems and/or operational environments.
- Creates compelling visualizations to help the business explore and interact with their data to aid in more effective decision-making.
- Creates interactive dashboards to give leadership insight into drivers of the business and help them manage performance.
- Prototype solutions quickly so business users can preview solutions before they are finalized.
- Secure sensitive content to align with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Maintains reporting websites and servers, applying the most recent enhancements/fix packs from BI vendors, as needed to ensure continuous service.
- Mentors junior staff.
Environment: Oracle 11g/12c, SNOWFLAKE, AWS S3, Alooma, IBM Cognos, Tableau
Confidential, New Kensington, PA
Business Intelligence Developer (SSMS/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/Tableau/PowerBI/Azure)
- Department: Enterprise Information Management. Title: Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Design, develop and implement the ETL process using SSIS to ingest information from various data sources, majority of the data source is the Syteline ERP system.
- Design, develop and implement Store Procedures, Views, Functions and other artifacts in TSQL for sourcing data and building enterprise data warehouse (EDW).
- Design, develop, implement and maintain SSRS report models and reports.
- Design, develop and implement multi-dimensional SSAS cubes for forecasting and analytical purpose.
- Design, develop and implement Tableau data visualization solutions to satisfy business requirements based on ERP system (OLTP) and EDW (OLAP) structure.
- Corporate with Business Analyst (BA) and Subject Matter Expert (SME) to achieve the requirement gathering, designing, analysis, confirmation and manipulation.
- Work with SME throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions. Mine and analyze data from EDW to drive optimization and improvement in areas of operational excellence, driving growth and other PCNA initiatives. Applied performance tuning on cubes, report models, reports, stored procedures, views and jobs.
- Provide assists to SME to set up BI&A environment, ensure users’ experience. Provide training material to maximize value of BI&A products.
- Develop, maintain and implement automation processer Macro Scheduler to deal with ERP data ad-hoc entry and manipulate request.
- Coach and mentor PCNA BI team members on the various aspects of BI development.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2017, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MS BI Suite (SSIS/SSRS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Visual Studio 2010/2013/2017, MS Office Suite 2013/2016 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Tableau 8/10, Power BI 2.60
Confidential, Lake Success, NY
Business Intelligence Developer (SSMS/SSIS/SSRS/Tableau)
- Gather and document project requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional specification for BI reports and applications.
- Responsible for creating database objects based on business requirements such as User Defined Functions (UDFs), Views, Stored Procedures, etc.
- Filtered data from legacy system using T-SQL statements, and implemented various types of Constraints and Triggers for Data Consistence in SSMS.
- Developed and deployed packages in SSIS, imported data on daily basis from the OLTP system, Staging area to Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
- Involved in incremental loading task by implement the Slowly Changing Dimension to maintain historical data in data warehouse. Applied different types of transformations like Data Conversion, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived Column in SSIS.
- Debugged and troubleshot the ETL packages by using breakpoint, analyzing progress, catching error information by SQL command in SSIS.
- Worked with production control team to deploy code and for schedule run in both staging while testing and production. Responsible for providing on-call production support for daily job and ETL loads.
- Developed SSIS packages using different types of event handle to clean up temporary data storage when a package or task finishes running, send an e-mail message when an error or a warning occurs or when a task fails.
- Dealt with data cleansing such as data type conversion, format changing, missing value handling. And generated documents for data validation to ensure data consistency in staging area.
- Developed many Tabular reports, Matrix reports, created many Cascaded parameters to achieve Drill-down reports, Drill-through reports in SSRS 2008/2012.
- Implementing Data Blending, Replace references, Customized queries and advanced visualizations in Tableau.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MS BI Suite (SSIS/SSRS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Visual Studio 2010, MS Office Suite 2010 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Tableau 8/10
Confidential, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Business Intelligence Developer (SSMS/SSIS/SSRS/Tableau)
- Involved in gathering requirements from business managers and created documentation template and documented project requirements.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data source from Oracle/SQL Server/Excel/Access.
- Used T-SQL in SQL Server to develop complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Clustered Index & Non-Clustered Index, Views, and User-Defined Functions (UDFs).
- Performed Performance tuning on existing queries by analyzing execution plans, logs/statistics, and traces in SQL Server Profiler/Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Performed incremental loading from heterogeneous sources into data warehouse & data marts using T-SQL queries, Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type 1/2/3), and change data capture.
- Deployed and configured ETL packages then scheduled packages in SQL Server Agent to run these packages at the required time.
- Created complex and routine reports stating revenue, cost based on products using cascading parameters and Tablix structure in SSRS.
- Created complicated reports including sub-reports, drill-down, drill-through report, and well-formatted reports to meet user requirements.
- Generated reports using Tableau to create views/charts/tables, interactive visualization dashboards, filters, parameters, etc.
- Reviewed documents with QA team, clarified any questions or issues, and presented to the project manager for approval and implementation.
Environment: SQL Server 2010/2012, Oracle 10g, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MS BI Suite (SSIS/SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio, Visual Studio 2008/2010, Tableau 8/9, MS Office Suite 2013 (Excel/Access/Word/PowerPoint)
Confidential, Horsham, PA
SQL Server Developer (SSMS/SSIS/SSRS)
- Created a lot of complex stored procedures, triggers, functions, indexes, views with T-SQL statements in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Involved in designing and managing schema objects such as Tables, Views, indexes, Stored Procedures, Triggers and maintained referential integrity using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Processed ETL to transfer data from remote data center to local data center using SSIS. Cleansing, messaging of the data is done on local data base.
- Designed ETL strategy to transfer data from source to landing, staging and destination in the data warehouse using SSIS and DTS (Data Transformation Service).
- Developed SSIS packages to export data from Excel/Access to SQL Server, automated all the SSIS packages and monitored errors using SQL Server Agent Job.
- Used reporting service created several reports based on cube and local data warehouse.
- Prepared reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service) to declare discrepancies between user expectations and service efforts which involved in scheduling the subscription reports via the subscription report wizard.
- Involved in generating and deploying various reports using global variables, expressions and functions using SSRS.
- Interacted with subject matter experts in understanding the business logic, implemented complex business requirements in backend using efficient stored procedures and flexible function.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Service, SQL Server Reporting Service, SQL Profiler, Import/Export Wizard, MS office suite 2010.
Confidential, Lewes, DE
MS SQL Server Developer (SSMS/SSIS/SSRS)
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing, working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect on the development of logical data models.
- Involved in schema objects creation: index, stored procedures, user defined functions, views.
- Implemented OLAP Cubes, Facts, and Dimensions for providing summarized and aggregate views of large sets of data.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in SQL queries, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables.
- Created SSIS packages for loading different types (Hospital, Clinic, Retail, Local) data from heterogeneous sources to SQL Server.
- In the staging phase of the ETL process, used lookup tables and fuzzy lookup tables to handle data cleansing and validation. By some stored procedures and user defined functions, separated the clean and dirty data into different destinations.
- Created reports in SSRS about data cleansing and validation result, submitted them to business-wise people, worked with them clean data again and got whole valid data.
- Created drill-down, drill-through, parameterized reports for business purpose using SSRS to optimize business logic on different dimensions.
- Involved in setting up SQL Server Agent jobs for periodic patient information reports, backups.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Agent, MS Office Suite 2007.
MS SQL Server Developer (SSMS/SSIS/SSRS)
- Investigated multiple area, mining census data, organized data based on different administrative area, generated Excel/Access files, created data source.
- Gathered requirements from the project leader, the department leader and provided the analysis regarding the IT architecture and government policy.
- Developed Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDFs), Indexes, Triggers to meet database operational requirements.
- Fixed Indexes on multiple tables to improve performance of data retrieving.
- Developed SQL Server Integration Service packages to process ETL to get data from heterogeneous sources like Access/Excel/Flat Files.
- Created ETL packages in perform incremental loading to Data Warehouse using Sequence Container, Execute SQL Task, Bulk Insert Task, Lookup, OLE DB Command.
- Developed detailed and summarized census reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) and deployed them onto reporting server.
- Created weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly parametric reports about census on province, cities, counties, towns reports using SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MS BI Suite (SSIS/SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Data Tools, MS Office Suite 2007.