- 6+ Years Data Analytics Automotive Experience
- Business Consultation: Meet with stakeholders to elicit business requirements from loose defined analytical needs into visualizations.
- Quickly prototype solutions from business to use cases in Agile type environment. Define key drivers & metrics.
- Design, Develop and maintain very highly visible critical front - end Tableau Dashboards for smooth business operations @ Confidential OnStar Division. (Examples include US and Canada New and Used Vehicle Sales along with Metrics)
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau
- Create Visualizations that are custom made and not part of the standard tool set. (Scatterplot matrix, plot graphs)
- Utilize data groups, hierarchy, and reduce formulas and logic as much as possible from Tableau.
- Follow best data practices let SQL do as much of the logic and letting Tableau do just the Visualizing.
- Publish, Manage, monitor and solve extracts and backend data source failures / issues as needed on Tableau Server providing refresh cadence and resolving data QA issues as needed. Running SQL scripts and deep diving to resolve issues as necessary to vet data. Escalating with other IT teams / SQL Developers as necessary to find root cause of data issues.
- Director of Confidential Analytics Objectives. Reducing bloating legacy reports. Consolidating Cognos Reports into standard concise Tableau Dashboards while maintaining necessary functionality the end user expects ( Confidential Triage Advisor Call Center reports amalgamate. Cognos legacy reports where decommissioned.
- Tools for Oracle Application Development (TOAD) and Teradata studio are 2 primary SQL tools of trade used to design, develop, test, amalgamate and prep the data prior to creating extracts or live data connections for Tableau
- CRISP-DM approach to solving business analytics problems.
- 10+ Years of Data Analysis and Reporting using MS OFFICE (MS Access Developer / VBA Developer / MS Excel Developer)
- 10+ years VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) development. Custom Access & Excel expertise in design, software development and programming for all your niche Business Intelligence, Reporting and software projects
- Automation of main Excel Objects I.e. Workbooks, Worksheets, Cells, Ranges, Charts & Graphs.
- Expertise in Excel workbooks, functions, custom modules, formulas, VLOOKUP’s, macros
- Can train and provide corporate in MS OFFICE in Excel and Access. (Instructor level Experience).
- Use existing Access DB backend Data warehouse and leverage Tableau Dashboards for Confidential Gap YoY Part Analysis.
Reporting Tools: Tableau Desktop versions v9.x/10.x, v2018.1.3, 2018.2 Tableau Server 9.x/10.x,, 2018.1.3, Cognos v10.x/v11.x Crystal reports XI/2008, Business Objects XI R1/R2, MS Access, MS Excel ( v ), Power BI
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, IBM DB2, MS Access
ETL Tools: Alteryx
Front End Tools: Microsoft Office
Programming Languages: SQL, T-SQL, VBA, VB 6.0
Document Management: SharePoint
Methodologies: CRISP-DM, Databases Design, Data warehouse, DataMart’s, 3NF, E-R Modeling
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Design develop & maintain Tableau North American Car Dealership OnStar performance Dashboards - Highly Critical and Visible reports going out to the field sales teams and leadership. (4 extremely large workbooks with several dashboards each)
- Call center Headcount attrition reporting based on different Confidential Advisor sites globally. Trending, Monthly, annualized.
- Manage and enhance less critical reporting portfolio based on business leads direction to support business community approx. ~20 workbooks with several dashboards each.
- Manage / Monitor back end Tableau Server data sources for these reports to ensure smooth business operations. Respond to data failures and troubleshoot root causes.
- Focus on metrics development, KPIs based on business goals, initiatives and campaigns.
- Gathered user requirements, design and enhance modification of formulas, logic tweaks.
- Responsible in managing & taking over existing Tableau workbooks.
- Generate visualizations outside the box not normally seen in Tableau that generate a wow factor.
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
Sr. Technical Business Analyst
- Designed, Developed and replaced existing 5000+ line Excel / Macro / VBA application into MS Access VBA Application and then managed offshore team in India to Scale for Web Application. Application is Year over Year Gap Analysis on Global Parts
- Prototyped Tableau GAP YoY Parts front end Dashboard to complement the Gap YoY Application.
- Extensive Qlikview and Tableau design dashboards within Analytics BI/DW environment utilizing various data sources and load scripts simple to complex in SQL.
- Gathered end user requirements from business to Cost Estimating Finance to develop dashboards constituting of costing structure, parts and risk mitigation dashboards.
- Evaluate current and future business needs with stakeholders, gather requirements and prototype IT business solutions.
- Ability to take complex problems and break them down to create and implement an action plan.
- Strong understanding of analysis and computational complexity and ability to programmatically solve problems.
Work Program Analyst
- Performance Management & Business Services - Reporting & Analysis
- Supports all enterprise Business Units with respect to automating business processes.
- Essentially acting as business process consultants taking work from other BU to streamline operations across the org.
- Complete VBA Development using RAD tools (MS Access and MS Excel) to prototype solutions for migration to larger systems in BI/BW BOBJ 4.0 universe.
- Balanced Scorecard (BSC) Operations Dashboards - aggregate monthly performance metrics among various financial and nonfinancial measures for the Chief Operating Officer.
IT / Data Support
- Maintained font-end Access with back-end SQL Server for Record Artists Database while Manager on vacation.
- Processed weekly extracts & reports for direct deposit for artist payments in Banks and various partners.
- Provided help desk support.
Financial Reporting Analyst
- Supports the HR budget process from a technical standpoint and played a key role throughout 3 HR budget cycles including creation, distribution, and collection of end user submissions, summarization and importation of results into SAP (both annual and monthly distributed values).
- Develop and Maintain Annual MS Access HR Hospital Budget Database
- Utilized SQL, macros and modified VBA modules. Automate entire hospital (200 cost centers / profit centers) into Excel VBA budget packages.
- Data contained hospital revenues expenses from compensation, employee payroll, salary and staff benefits, staffing hour allocations and vacation entitlements.
- Consolidate budget submissions into standard analytical reports.
- Executive Reporting Experience dealing with Sr. Levels of hospital management staff
- Migrate legacy Access reports to Crystal for all Dept. Mgrs. across hospital to view on intranet portal.
- VP Portfolio Reporting summaries - breakdown of cost centers, profit center/ P & L, hospital operating statements.
- CR Portal Administrator - as well report writer, designer, developer in Crystal Reports.
- Builds mutually cooperative relationships by treating others with equal dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively with others to foster a culture of inter-professional collaboration; being a solid team player, delivering on share of the work, and contributing other team members’ goals/work.
- Learning Program Geared toward Business & Financial Analysts.
- Working professionals (CFA, CA, CMA, CGA, MBA, etc.) & students taught ranging from a wide variety of industries Banking, Insurance and HealthCare
- Plan, research, write, and deliver materials and technical information weekly.
- Course material include: Excel VBA Modeling, Data Analysis using Access SQL, Aggregation.
- Developed maintained MS Access client Deficiency DB to track accounts not completed.
- Create customized queuing pages that show status of pending issues and necessary actions required.
- Modified Excel VBA Forms to specifications.
Technical Business Analyst
- Involved extensively in every aspect of a database application development from requirements gathering/analysis to reporting for the desktop application.
- Responsibilities required interaction with both Business analyst, and stakeholders to ensure regulatory needs were addressed and project timelines and responsibilities were met.
- Using VBA with advanced data manipulation and user control. Can create tables, queries, forms and reports, and connect them together with macros.
- Maintain a collection of each store budgets and reporting on project financials.
- Prepare summary reports for management, based on the analysis
- Creating new medium- to high-complexity reports according to specifications
- In corporate data aggregation, analytics by filtering criteria specified by the end-user.
- Drilling down report, having user selections, on the report affect other reports Flags projects and milestones off-track with status indicators.